PDA

View Full Version : To NOS or not to NOS

sicksubie
05-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I know someone who is selling the same ZEX nitrous kit that Dayle has on his web-site. This kid is selling it for $175. If anyone who is already on the giggle gas or has prior experience with it could tell what to look for cuz it's used and offer any advice. I know that it was functioning properly when he took it out. He is doing a swap into a turbo B18a ( it's 96 civic hatch) and will be using a larger Nitrous Express system. BTW the ZEX is a 55 shot set-up.

jb21585
05-05-2005, 12:17 PM
In subie sport magazine there is are 4 articles about the svx. One of the articles is about a 300 hp svx, the main mod in it was nos. You should pick up an article and it may help a little bit. I bought mine in a grocery store. Good Luck.

svxsubaru1
05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
In subie sport magazine there is are 4 articles about the svx. One of the articles is about a 300 hp svx, the main mod in it was nos. You should pick up an article and it may help a little bit. I bought mine in a grocery store. Good Luck.

What grocrey store?

Well i would change your fuel filter, and genraley just do a tune up on your car, change fluids, ect. If you only run a 55 shot i doubt you should not have any problems at all.

drivemusicnow
05-06-2005, 10:55 AM
and make sure you do not have platinum spark plugs.. hell, just for insurance sake, go buy new iridium plugs.

jb21585
05-06-2005, 12:12 PM
the grocery store was king soopers, but i live in colorado

94svxred
05-07-2005, 03:00 AM
After Reading This Thread ,just For Fun I Wanted To Get The Magazine For Kicks ;) So I Looked Subiesport Mag And Ordered The Svx Issue Online. :d What Ever The Name Of The Store That Was Said In The Thread Does Not Live In Ca!! Hope This Help!

sicksubie
05-07-2005, 08:11 AM
brand new fuel filter, tranny fluid, dif fluid, coolant, belts (not my timing belt though) will be doing the plugs shortly. Anything else?

sicksubie
05-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Someone told me to run two bottles of Valve (Valvoline Syntech) cleaner per tank for the next two to three tanks before installation. They said that it was very important. Truth or fiction?
Bobby