PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust pics???

Namaah
04-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Does anyone have any good exhaust pics in their lockers??? There is just so many lockers to choose from and i really dont want to start from the top of the list so I figured id just ask.
Pics of exhaust setups. Under car shots. Anything that you can think of, i need to brainstorm here.

Thanks all

BordeauxComet
04-30-2005, 02:09 AM
http://www.suruga-speed.co.jp/oneoff/photo/subaru/svx02.jpg
...that's definitely one way to go...:rolleyes:

KCROGUEDOG
04-30-2005, 03:43 AM
b comet like the pic. since the pic i added 2 thrush 24inch resinators. i have not got pic since install. very loud before now more mellow euro sound like a deep hum. removed whole exhuast system from before cats. H pipe with o2 entered in 2 1/2 inch pipe. to resinators then to 2 dynomax ultraflow welded mufflers and last bmw 318 tips. i get a good sound but mufflers are straight through race mufflers i recommend no more than 21/2 on pipe size and a more complex flow mufflers for deeper muffel. i got a real aggresive sound than body pulsing bass.

lhopp77
04-30-2005, 07:46 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah, "one way to go", but definitely not this way.

Lee

Namaah
04-30-2005, 10:22 AM
ive been hearing the "no more then 2 1/2 in" in the pipes. What happens with 3??? has anyone done 3??? and what size are the stock pipes???

KCROGUEDOG
04-30-2005, 04:16 PM
stock i think are maybe 1 3/4 or 2 tops. 3 would set the car very low unless a very very tight install was done. back pressure might become a problem to. i think 2 1/4 is ideal. perfect. i used 2 1/2 no real loss i still gained hpr im sure by feel but 2 1/4 would tighten the pressure more.

BigBlueSVX
05-01-2005, 12:43 AM
I don't remember the stock pipe diameter but I do know something about pipe sizes. People have tried pipes from 2.5" to 3", and 2.5" seems to be the best comprimise. With 2.5", you still retain power down low, and gain some in the upper rpm range. Anything bigger than that and you begin to lose low end torque. Remember, you don't want backpressure, you want velocity. With 2.5" pipe, scavenging will still be good at low rpm and it will be freer flowing at high rpm than stock. A 3" pipe would give you mininal backpressure, but also a lack of exhaust velocity, so that at low rpm, the exhaust system wouldn't be good at scavenging (moving) exhaust out of the cylinder. At high rpm, since there is more gas traveling through the system, scavenging isn't as important so a 3" pipe will give you the biggest gains up top.

Feel free to correct me if you know more about exhaust than I do:D .

BTW, 2.5" pipe is what I'm planning to run in my car when I get a custom exhaust done this summer.

green_eyed_lady
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
ive been hearing the "no more then 2 1/2 in" in the pipes. What happens with 3??? has anyone done 3??? and what size are the stock pipes???

Namaah,

Tom (svxfiles) has just recently installed his 10th exhaust system. Look in his locker for pix (or his son's locker, 'boxer6') or PM him for info. His latest is tuned specifically for his supercharger.

P.S. He's had the car for about 4 years..........

mbtoloczko
05-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Pics in my locker:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?mbtoloczko|19305

Namaah
05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
now what would be the difference between 2 sets of pipes (each header having cat back) then having a "Y" pipe to 1 or 2 mufflers???