PDA

View Full Version : PHOTOS of Reading VI

newsvx
04-10-2005, 07:02 PM
For those interested, please see the following link for some photos of the Reading VI: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tinlook/album?.dir=/956f&.src=ph

Absolutely great meet!! Thanks to Ben, Bobbie, Mike and Mike for all the hard work put into the meet!! And the dinner was the BEST!!!!
Thanks again to all attending - it was a great time!!

Harry

immortal_suby
04-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Great pics! Thanks, Harry. I feel like I was there.

ensteele
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Great pictures, but I can't tell what the official number of SVXi was. :rolleyes: :confused:

newsvx
04-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Earl,
I believe the final count was 38!!

Harry

CigarJohnny
04-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Great pictures, but I can't tell what the official number of SVXi was. :rolleyes: :confused:This morning at around 10:30, as we were getting ready to head out, the last SVX rolled in after more than half of the rest left for home. I recall Larry iii state that he was number 38 and that sounds about right.

Great pics, Harry! As always, it was a pleasure to see you. :)

Johnny

newsvx
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks, Johnny, and likewise, great to see you and Jackie too. Super time this weekend!
Good luch on getting the SVX like you want it!!

Harry

SVX-FF
04-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Great pics Harry. I really miss the East Coast. You folks look like you had a blast. I will make it there in a few years.

Steve

Saturday's Minnesota Meet (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25455) pictures.

Seraph
04-10-2005, 09:34 PM
nice pics. some of them are keepers.Well, I'd keep all of them but..

Chiketkd
04-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Nice pics Harry! :)

-Chike

RSVX
04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
38 is a rather large drop-off. :(

LarryIII
04-11-2005, 08:41 AM
When Tom showed up with his beautiful ebony/white pearl/ebony SVX with the chrome wheels on Sunday morning; the count of SVXes moved up to 38.
There were also 3 impezas/wrxes, a Legacy sedan, and Ben's XT-6. There was also Todd's big Ford pickup and Kelli came in an Explorer.

Chris, Chicke, Gary, BOBB, Green Marine & Earthworm; we expect to see all of you at Reading next year.

benebob
04-11-2005, 09:09 AM
When Tom showed up with his beautiful ebony/white pearl/ebony SVX with the chrome wheels on Sunday morning; the count of SVXes moved up to 38.
There were also 3 impezas/wrxes, a Legacy sedan, and Ben's XT-6. There was also Todd's big Ford pickup and Kelli came in an Explorer.

Chris, Chicke, Gary, BOBB, Green Marine & Earthworm; we expect to see all of you at Reading next year.

Ah don't embarass Todd (or as the night went on Chad to some of the drunker members:D). He had a Dodge without the fake Hemi in it. A real man's diesel pu. I was the one with the lowly Ford F-250 work truck ;) .

I think by the end of the night on Saturday I have some converts out there looking for the SVX's big brother in a nice XT. I know where you can find a yellow one Randy :eek: !

If anybody has a decent group shot of the car (but rather the real reason for the meets the people) I'd love to get a copy to send to Subisport Mag. Granted, in January, I sent them a photo from last years reading and an invitation to attend, airport service with a rental SVX (Jesse is probably thankful they didn't make it though) but of course never heard back from them but at least it is worth a shot. I've given up on Drive Mag. already.

GreenMarine
04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Cool Pics... Looks like it was a pretty cool meet... How did everyone like the "new" hotel that was used this year compaired to the other one last year???

green_eyed_lady
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Tried to get everybody, but some of you were moving pretty fast. :) (Or maybe I was just moving a little slow?!! :confused:

Here's the link: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/green_eyed_lady/album?.dir=571a

The ones at the restaurant came out pretty bad. :(

Seraph
04-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Man... those pictures make me look fat. Oh yeah... I am fat. :(

GreenMarine
04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Looks like it was a nice little family reunion... Too bad I couldn't bake it... :(:( Oh well, I may be driving up there to get an engine soon though, so I'll have to stop by and say "Hi" to people on the way :)

MoreIBNR
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I wish I could have been there. Looks like a great event. But on the other side, the weather at Pocono raceway was great, I got 8 great runs in on the north course, about 200 miles in total. Learned a lot about handling a car "at speed" on a road course (NOT the oval, though we were on part of the oval). What a blast!!!

There was also some MC races going on on the infield course - the MediVac helo came twice to take some poor rider to the hospital.

Glad you all had a great time. Let me know if there will be any other meets in the mid-atlantic area.

newsvx
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Tried to get everybody, but some of you were moving pretty fast. :) (Or maybe I was just moving a little slow?!! :confused:

Here's the link: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/green_eyed_lady/album?.dir=571a

The ones at the restaurant came out pretty bad. :(
Great photos, Diana. Really gives the "flavor" of the event!!

Harry

TomsSVX
04-11-2005, 09:04 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/green_eyed_lady/detail?.dir=571a&.dnm=1f30.jpg&.src=ph

hey, my face is blurred, does that mean I watched the tape? :eek: ANyway thatnks for some good pics GEL. Nice to finally meet you also. I think next year we should have T-shirts with our Names on them along with our Network handles. This way i can remember who is who.

Tom

newsvx
04-12-2005, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=I think next year we should have T-shirts with our Names on them along with our Network handles. This way i can remember who is who.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Tom,
THAT is a great idea!! Let's do it!! How about a contest on the best looking SVX T-Shirt? :) :eek: I can see some of them NOW :eek:

Harry

Seraph
04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Tom,
THAT is a great idea!! Let's do it!! How about a contest on the best looking SVX T-Shirt? :) :eek: I can see some of them NOW :eek:

Harry

I can see Ron going through all the t-shirts :D :eek: :rolleyes:

green_eyed_lady
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I think next year we should have T-shirts with our Names on them along with our Network handles. This way i can remember who is who.

Tom

Last year I made up T-shirts for Tom (svxfiles), Dave (Mr.Hoots), Nick (boxer6) and myself with the SVX logo on the back and pictures of our cars (we each have one) on the front pocket with "It's All We'll Drive" underneath. Maybe next year we'll get the name tags done in time for everybody. (It was on my list......) This year was a little too hectic.

green_eyed_lady
04-12-2005, 09:16 AM
I can see Ron going through all the t-shirts :D :eek: :rolleyes:

"Do they come in Braille?"

TomsSVX
04-12-2005, 10:12 AM
yea, you said that you had name tags the time before but i think t-shirt would be really cool and very effective. I wish I knew half the people that were there before theyleft. I really wanted to catch up to andrew(amazonparrot) but didn't realize he was there until he had already left.

Tom

wawazat??
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Ah don't embarass Todd (or as the night went on Chad to some of the drunker members:D). He had a Dodge without the fake Hemi in it. A real man's diesel pu. I was the one with the lowly Ford F-250 work truck ;) .

Thanks for the subtle correctoin Ben :D

Yup, I Chad drive the big Dodge diesel.

Don't know if you can really call a leather-lined, heated seat, chromed wheel shiny thing a mans truck, but I'll accept your compliment, thanks.

Todd (aka Chad to the alcohol-impaired)

Beav
04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Isn't 'Chad' supposed to be preceded by a descriptive word such as loose, dangling, etc?

newsvx
04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
I have just added a couple of more photos at the link: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tinlook/album?.dir=/956f&.src=ph

Thanks to Maria!
Harry

benebob
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Isn't 'Chad' supposed to be preceded by a descriptive word such as loose, dangling, etc?

Not anymore. It is now I KNNNOOOWWWWW YOUUUUUURRRRRRRR NAMEEEEEEEEE ITS CHAAAADDDD! While standing swaying and pointing at Todd. :eek:

CigarJohnny
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Not anymore. It is now I KNNNOOOWWWWW YOUUUUUURRRRRRRR NAMEEEEEEEEE ITS CHAAAADDDD! While standing swaying and pointing at Todd. :eek:HAHAHAH! I wonder how much of Saturday night Mike remembers. I saw Pat the next morning but he was not half as bad off as I expected him to be. I was told that Mike yacked all over the bathroom Sunday morning but lucky for Pat he made use of the facilities before Mike did. Nasty stuff that is. Pat's yack was still in the parking lot when I left Sunday. :rolleyes: :D

Johnny

NomadTW
04-13-2005, 12:41 AM
HAHAHAH! I wonder how much of Saturday night Mike remembers. I saw Pat the next morning but he was not half as bad off as I expected him to be. I was told that Mike yacked all over the bathroom Sunday morning but lucky for Pat he made use of the facilities before Mike did. Nasty stuff that is. Pat's yack was still in the parking lot when I left Sunday. :rolleyes: :D

Johnny

don't forget that mike yacked all over my clothes that night too

Aredubjay
04-13-2005, 08:38 AM
don't forget that mike yacked all over my clothes that night too

NOT ON YOUR NEW PANTS!? :eek:

Great pix, folks. Harry, I gotta print a copy of the You, Alan, Me, pic to hang on my "cubicle" wall.

Did anyone get a wide-shot (Becca?) during the "Horn Salute?" I wanna send it to Mark's wife. BTW, I just received an email yesterday saying that Mark is being transferred out of the hospital (finally) and into the rehab facility this morning. I hope the uplifting of his spirits by 30-odd crazy SVXers blowing their horns into a cell phone, helped contribute to this progression, which, is the last step before sending him home, where, hopefully, he'll be driving his SVX soon. :D

AvPPoW
04-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Did anyone get a wide-shot (Becca?) during the "Horn Salute?" I wanna send it to Mark's wife. BTW, I just received an email yesterday saying that Mark is being transferred out of the hospital (finally) and into the rehab facility this morning. I hope the uplifting of his spirits by 30-odd crazy SVXers blowing their horns into a cell phone, helped contribute to this progression, which, is the last step before sending him home, where, hopefully, he'll be driving his SVX soon. :D

My pics here
http://photos.yahoo.com/avppow

Videos will be up soon. I have a short clip of the horn salute, it's not perfect, but its better than nothing. PM me your email addy if you want it before I put it up publically. And yes, in the later pics, that's my car, in my friends driveway. My car blewup. It blew the main radiator hose after a hard day of running. I'm glad it was something simple, but it caused me quite a scare when I heard a bang and the check engine light came on and I opened my door only for it to fill with smoke. I have lots of videos including when my car broke down, the supercharged SVX, me driving bens XT6, the yellow WRX doing runs, the smoke after Jesse blew his engine and lots of other clips from the ralley and the like.

LarryIII
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks all for posting photos. They were great. My photos are chemical (Kodak?Fuji) not digital so they will take a little longer to be viewed.

SVXRide
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Definitely post the video of that crazy supercharged SVX doing its thing (power slides, 4 wheel burn outs, etc.)!
-Bill :cool:

My pics here

Videos will be up soon. I have a short clip of the horn salute, it's not perfect, but its better than nothing. PM me your email addy if you want it before I put it up publically. And yes, in the later pics, that's my car, in my friends driveway. My car blewup. It blew the main radiator hose after a hard day of running. I'm glad it was something simple, but it caused me quite a scare when I heard a bang and the check engine light came on and I opened my door only for it to fill with smoke. I have lots of videos including when my car broke down, the supercharged SVX, me driving bens XT6, the yellow WRX doing runs, the smoke after Jesse blew his engine and lots of other clips from the ralley and the like.

marlettpat
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
oh my, i knew that would come up. it is like drilled into my brain now that its chad :D hey, atleast they both end in a d right?
yes, my yack was still there when we left. i know someone was takin pictures of mike and i, so if they surface, i wanna be the first to see them.

so hows it goin chad? :p ;) :D

Aredubjay
04-13-2005, 12:34 PM
My pics here

Excellent Pics, Pow!!! I see that you took one of my STI badge on the back of my car. Before I get too much grief about that, it was put their by the original owner. He had picked it up on a visit to Japan, so, considering that it's "history" I decided to leave it. He picked it up at the same time he picked up a JDM hood badge. It was on my crumpled hood that was replaced by Mike Davis. Since the JDM badge didn't cover up some imperfections caused by the removal of the USDM badge, I opted to put the USDM badge back on my hood and passed along the JDM badge (which was slightly scratched due to the accident that mushed the hood) to Mike.

My email addy is trspit80@aol.com. I appreciate it.

green_eyed_lady
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Definitely post the video of that crazy supercharged SVX doing its thing (power slides, 4 wheel burn outs, etc.)!
-Bill :cool:
A request from the svxfiles' fan club........ ;)

BTW, PoW, great pics. I see I missed a lot of great photo ops by not going on the rally this year. :(

Time to start planning for Reading VII!!! :D :D

AvPPoW
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm at work now, but I'll post the vids when I get home

Aredubjay
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, I'm at work now, but I'll post the vids when I get home

I'm have the opposite problem: fiber optic T1 at work, dial-up at home. :(

TomsSVX
04-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey John sorry to hear bout the rad hose. I have another if u need it, I have 2 lowers(looked like the one that blew) and 1 upper. let me know if u need one

Tom

SVXRide
04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
A request from the svxfiles' fan club........ ;)

Card-carrying, dues-paying!! :cool: :D
-Bill

Aredubjay
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Card-carrying, dues-paying!! :cool: :D
-Bill

We sure missed you, Bill. Hope the daughter's performance was stellar. I'm sure it was. Being a fellow thespian, I can surely appreciate your sacrifice of missing Reading for a theatrical performance. It may be the ONLY reason I'd miss. :D

benebob
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM

Exactly, and remember whomever decides to put their foot into the planning aspect there you have no shoes to fill, just a new pair to pick up off Rosie's shoe rack!
:D

Already looking forward to some fresh ideas and a restful weekend next year! ;)

AvPPoW
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey John sorry to hear bout the rad hose. I have another if u need it, I have 2 lowers(looked like the one that blew) and 1 upper. let me know if u need one

Tom

Nah, thanks anyway Tom. The end only cracked a tiny bit, I cut that part off and it still fits fine. It was the top hose. I was only under it so I could get the clamp that fell on the pan and swap that pan with the one you gave me while I was at it. I think the clamp just loosened up over time, since I put the new rad in the hose seems to be under a lot more pressure than it used to be. Same for you? Just glad it happened somewhere I could fix it and that I didn't loose the clamp.

I think the best part though, is when we went off to wawa to get coffee and some antifreeze, and I sat outside the wawa burning off coolant while the lady inside kept looking and me trying to ask if I needed help or something through the window. I obviously couldnt hear her, so it was pretty amusing watching her make funny faces at me. Oh, and some new Grand Am pulled up next to me and gave me funny looks too. By the time I left, most of the little roof thing in front of the wawa was full of white smoke. heh.

TomsSVX
04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
my hoses seem to be under some pressure also, but since I have the silicone hoses, I am not too worried about any of that. I also have some serious clamps from summit on there also. My coolant system is pretty much bullet proof. Now i just need to make my tranny and supporting harware the same.

TOm

Aredubjay
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
My coolant system is pretty much bullet proof.
TOm

Uh oh. Now you've done it. :eek: ;) :D

TomsSVX
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
hahaha yeah i probly have

Tom

Rotorflyr
04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I'll have my pics uploaded to my locker sometime this evening.
I thought I took more of them then I did, but oh well, there's always next year!

Edit: Photos in my locker now :D

bx92svx
04-14-2005, 09:22 PM
NOT ON YOUR NEW PANTS!? :eek:

Great pix, folks. Harry, I gotta print a copy of the You, Alan, Me, pic to hang on my "cubicle" wall.

Sorry :( . I didnt get a very good one, I am sure the vid & other pics already posted are better. BTW great pics, thanks for shareing folks. I tried to take some out the sun roof on the way to the rally but my hair blew over my face so I couldnt see the SVXs on the hill let alone get a nice picture :o .
We had a great time at the meet, thank you Ben, Bobbie, Mike and Mike & anyone I missed. We met alot of great people, saw beautiful cars & picked up more then a few tips. I already bought the Wedgie cupholders....felt a little stupid telling a salesperson a needed a wedgie but they are nice cupholders!
Sorry we couldn't stay longer. Cant wait 'till next year!! Becca

MNYPNNY
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
I think next year we should have T-shirts with our Names on them along with our Network handles. This way i can remember who is who.

Tom

I had a shirt with my car's pic on it!
And no one looked close enough to see the reflection in the paintshine.... :(

Seraph
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I had a shirt with my car's pic on it!

I will look at it next time (again). And trust me, if I am coming in that close, I am not going to be looking at the reflection. :D :D :D

MNYPNNY
04-14-2005, 10:13 PM
I will look at it next time (again). And trust me, if I am coming in that close, I am not going to be looking at the reflection. :D :D :D

If you were that close, you would have noticed the silver svx in the reflection.... lol

Rotorflyr
04-15-2005, 04:06 AM

Ron probably did, but will he own up to it??? ;) http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

LarryIII
04-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Michelle,

Rosie wouldn't let me look that close.

Ron Mummert
04-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Michelle,

Rosie wouldn't let me look that close.

No problem, Larry - I did it for you.
What are friends for?

Ron. ;)

svxfiles
04-15-2005, 07:56 AM
My pics here

Videos will be up soon. I have a short clip of the horn salute, it's not perfect, but its better than nothing. . I have lots of videos including when my car broke down, the supercharged SVX, me driving bens XT6, the yellow WRX doing runs, the smoke after Jesse blew his engine and lots of other clips from the ralley and the like.
Great pictures, and it was nice meeting you!
I really liked #s 52,56,73,74,75,76, and 99 :rolleyes: , I don't know why ;) ;)

Can't wait for the video! :D