PDA

View Full Version : clear headlight and corner questions

SilVerXtc
03-21-2005, 03:57 PM
I would like to replace my old yellowish headlights and corners with new clear lenses. I've seen the ones they sell on Small car and SVX motorsports warehouse. I would like to know the difference between these two products and other options that may be available. for those that have installed these clear lenses. How are they holding Up? Who do you reccomend I should get the clear lenses from? Thanks

Earthworm
03-21-2005, 04:09 PM
The kits are manufactured by Smallcar.com as you should already know. You could also get them from Lwin (Seraph) as an assembled unit you can just bolt in.

Seraph
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
They are good. But not great. The corners sucks actually. But front ones are good. I am having some issues aligning them right. You want to align the cut off parts right to make it look ok.

But the whole thing corners and headlights should take most people a few hours to do. It takes me about 4 hours for all 4 to get done just right.

87f383
03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
They are good. But not great. The corners sucks actually. But front ones are good. I am having some issues aligning them right. You want to align the cut off parts right to make it look ok.

But the whole thing corners and headlights should take most people a few hours to do. It takes me about 4 hours for all 4 to get done just right.

Just ordered mine a few days ago and of course I fear jacking them up... if I decide its to much of PITA. How much? :D

ensteele
03-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I would just clean them with polish and get rid of the yellow and not mess with the clean ones. But, that is just me. :)

sharky512345
03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I would go with the JDM corners if you want clear corners. Except for the fact they are around $230

SilverSpear
03-22-2005, 01:16 AM
I would go with the JDM corners if you want clear corners. Except for the fact they are around $230

i can send you those JDM corners from over here, they are available at our dealership, i thing they are running for $65 each. shipping won't cost much. PM me if you are interested...

SilverSpear
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I would like to replace my old yellowish headlights and corners with new clear lenses. I've seen the ones they sell on Small car and SVX motorsports warehouse. I would like to know the difference between these two products and other options that may be available. for those that have installed these clear lenses. How are they holding Up? Who do you reccomend I should get the clear lenses from? Thanks

I highly recommend the headlight lenses, they are gr8, but wait for the second generation corners, they are stating they will fix the problem... but as an over all, they are worth it.

to align them right, cut the edge of the headlight, install them on your car without the lens, plug the Smallcar lens on them, mark them on the headlight, then take the whole thing off, and silicone them according to your markings... :D :D :D

SilVerXtc
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I would just clean them with polish and get rid of the yellow and not mess with the clean ones. But, that is just me. :)

I think I was reading another post about cleaning headlights. Someone said that you have to keep repolishing them every few months to keep the old ones clean. If I replace them with clear ones. How long should I expect them to last?

Hohopirates
03-22-2005, 11:30 PM
One thing that worked for me was a product called plastic renew. It's made for dirt bike plastic. It worked good and no yellow for 4 months now....of course I live in California and we haven't seen the sun for four months but who's counting? :)

Steve

Rotorflyr
03-22-2005, 11:57 PM
i can send you those JDM corners from over here, they are available at our dealership, i thing they are running for $65 each. shipping won't cost much. PM me if you are interested...

Danny,
Check the price with your dealer and let us all know what the cost is for the jdms.

SilverSpear
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Danny,
Check the price with your dealer and let us all know what the cost is for the jdms.

I think i can ask for a special discount if say around 5 pairs were ordered or so (without the VAT tax), just tell me guys who are really interested about it, so i can call the dealer and ask him about it...

SilVerXtc
03-23-2005, 02:40 AM
I think i can ask for a special discount if say around 5 pairs were ordered or so (without the VAT tax), just tell me guys who are really interested about it, so i can call the dealer and ask him about it...

yeah if a few others want to jump on getting a deal for JDM corners I would probably go for that. I think I will order the clear headlight lenses from smallcar.

SilverSpear
03-23-2005, 03:23 AM
yeah if a few others want to jump on getting a deal for JDM corners I would probably go for that. I think I will order the clear headlight lenses from smallcar.

so far there is:
-Rotorflyer
-SilVerXtc

any more guys???
wait lemme call the dealership and ask them how many corners they have....

SilverSpear
03-23-2005, 04:02 AM
damn, they are out of stock, but they still have on set, 1 left and 1 right... Suggestions??? each 64$....

SVXMAN2001
03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
silverspear,
If no one else takes you up on the clear corner, i'd more than gladly take the last two left in stock!! Let me know on here or pm thanks....

SilverSpear
03-23-2005, 04:34 AM
Guys, the corners are here, but i don't wanna give them to someone while the other gets mad at me.... resolve the issue between yourselves and i will be more than happy to help my car-mates... i will ask also the dealership to get more of it..

DoLittle
03-23-2005, 10:00 AM
I think you can get the dealer to get some more and still not pay more then $200.
So put me on that list and go talk with the dealer again and tell them "the" DoLittle AKA "DVD" AKA "David Mother Lalaing Kern" wants a set. :cool:

sharky512345
03-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I will eventually want a set but as of right now there are other things that i need to get first. (tranny cooler/filter). So hopefully in the future I could get some :)

n00b on demand
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM

Danny can you please find out for me if they have it and for how much?

SilVerXtc
03-23-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm in no hurry to get the JDM corners. Is Smallcar planning on improving there clear corners? If so I might just wait for those.

n00b on demand
03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
you could just put some vinyl over the orange reflector to match the color of your car. Thats what I did with mine and it looks damn good too.

n00b on demand
03-23-2005, 02:03 PM
On ebay there are the clear corners for sale from I think smallcar and it says its a closeout deal...their making way for 2nd generation lenses whatever that means. I guess they are going to redesign them or something.

-Tom :cool:

BigBlueSVX
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Silverspear,
I'm up for some clear corners too. I'm in no hurry to get them, so if you have to wait for the dealer to get them its fine with me. :cool:

SilverSpear
03-24-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm in no hurry to get the JDM corners. Is Smallcar planning on improving there clear corners? If so I might just wait for those.

Last time i checked his clear corners on ebay, he stated that he is selling his last two sets for $29 to make way for the second generation corners which will fit perfectly...

SilverSpear
03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Ok, about the JDM corners, i will talk to the dealer about it...

processengr
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Anyone try the 2nd generation Smallcar clear covers?
The originals didn't fit right, how much better are the newest ones?
I have the Smallcar clear headlight lens, and they are good to great.
I also have the JDM corners, but am not using them, because after install (IMHO) they don't blend any better than originals with the perfectly clear headlamp covers, and the lack of orange reflector makes it look "ricey" (To me at least)...

svxxx26
07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Anyone try the 2nd generation Smallcar clear covers?
The originals didn't fit right, how much better are the newest ones?
I have the Smallcar clear headlight lens, and they are good to great.
I also have the JDM corners, but am not using them, because after install (IMHO) they don't blend any better than originals with the perfectly clear headlamp covers, and the lack of orange reflector makes it look "ricey" (To me at least)...

One man's ricey is another's clean look I guess ;) I think they are pretty understated.

processengr
07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes, I understand another mans meat is another man's poison...in my area (New Haven, CT) There are a lot of Hondas that sport a certain look, a common componet is the orange reflector missing or duct taped over...