PDA

View Full Version : Spring meet in the Twin Cities "Reading West"

SVX-FF
03-07-2005, 03:51 PM
OK it has been a very disappointing 1st winter for me here in Minnesota. I was expecting a lot more snow and cold. My old state of Maryland got more snow than the Twin Cities. Now that thing are thawing out, I was thinking about a spring meet. It will be a good way for use to meet each other and get out of the house. It is also a good excuse to get all the little project done to our babys. I know that we have gained a few new menbers in this area.

It is the first week of March and I was thinking of having a little meet about the same time as Reading. That would be April 8th thru the 10th. We could meet on just a Saturday or all three days.

Does anyonr know of a good place to meet and an area to have a fun little drive. Also a place to eat would be good too. Let me know what you all want to do.

Steve

Sidewinder
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
That sounds great.... I might be able to come, depending on the homework load/tests/design projects. It would be nice to meet some of these other people who drive these cars too.

quikone
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
im in for sure. Don't care where " I NEED TO GET OUT". Im going Nucking Futz. The date sounds good lets find a location.. Keep posting

SVX-FF
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok here is what I am thinking. We all meet at the visitor center in Stillwater on saturday morning say around 9:00 am. About noonish we have a drive up to the Taylor Falls/ St. Croix Falls visitor center in WI. After that we drive to the Marshland visitor center in MN. This will put us back onto a major road, SR-70. We can than drive back to northern Minneapolis for a dinner at a cheap reasturant. I.E. Old Country Buffet, or somthing like that.

From Stillwater to Taylor Falls is about 1 hour.
From Taylor Falls to Marshland is about another hour.
From Marshland to the Old Country Buffet in Coon Rapid is another hour by freeway.

Figure from 9 to noon is for saying high and b s ing, photo shot time, and gettingto know each other and about a total of 3 to 4 hours of driving time.

Please send any thought, sugestions, ideas, or complaints. I need input on this.

Steve

Rotorflyr
03-13-2005, 08:04 AM
From Stillwater to Taylor Falls is about 1 hour.
From Taylor Falls to Marshland is about another hour.
From Marshland to the Old Country Buffet in Coon Rapid is another hour by freeway.

Figure from 9 to noon is for saying high and b s ing, photo shot time, and gettingto know each other and about a total of 3 to 4 hours of driving time.

Please send any thought, sugestions, ideas, or complaints. I need input on this.
Steve

Forget going to an OCB, while it may increase your drive time a little, go here instead Lions Tap (http://www.lionstap.com)

quikone
03-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I Like SVX FF's Idea, But i think we should go to Lions Tap. OMFG do they have really good burgers. My mouths watering just thinking about them!!!
N E 1 Else?

SVX-FF
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
That sounds great you guys. We will have alittle meet and then a drive. After that it will be beer and burgers at the Lions Tap.

Any other ideas or sugestions?

Steve

Earthworm
03-18-2005, 10:29 AM
My mouths watering just thinking about them!!!
N E 1 Else?Making me hungry too! ;)

SVX-FF
03-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Are you going to come down David? It is not as far as Reading.

Steve

Earthworm
03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I might be pursuaded to ;)

SVX-FF
03-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I might be pursuaded to ;)

I'll buy your first beer and burger if you make it. :D

Steve

Earthworm
03-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Maybe not a beer but a Coke/Pepsi (depending on availability) would be good ;)

SVX-FF
03-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Consider it done.

Steve

Earthworm
03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
I could probably do a saturday and not have to take any time off.

- leave friday night to arrive saturday morning
- stay until sunday morning
- leave sunday morning back to Winnipeg.

SVX-FF
03-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok I talked with Stillwater city and police and we can meet in there public parking lot. The exact one is still up in the air, but it will be by the river.

Start time is 9:00am on Saturday April 9th.

Steve

SVX-FF
03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
MidWest Reading. Group picture will be taken to send to Reading VI.

1. SVX-ff

quikone
03-27-2005, 10:44 PM
1:SVX FF
2:Quikone

quikone
03-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Cant wait till then, man is this going to be fun! Get to see all these other SVX's besides mine and meet some of you guys. MMMMMMMMMM BEEEEER and BURGERS AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! oops sorry my mind wandered and my mouth started to water again... LOL :)

Pure_Insanity8
03-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Good thing I noticed this thread tonight. I'm thinking I will probably be down for this shindig... too bad I won't be in the SVX (as you probably could have guessed, Steve).

Earthworm
03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
3:Earthworm (I'm going to try)

SVX-FF
03-28-2005, 04:26 PM
3:Earthworm (I'm going to try)

Good enough for me David.

Steve

Rotorflyr
04-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Looking forward to seeing the pic you send to Reading!
Someone have a burger at the Tap for me!

Earthworm
04-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Do we have anymore info on this? I'm still planning on showing up Saturday morning.

SVX-FF
04-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I called Stillwater city office and the Stillwater police and all is good to go. there is no fee for parking because it is before May 1st. They do not have a problem with us hanging out down be the river. The start time is still 9am or so. I will have a maped location up soon.

Steve

Earthworm
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I get discounts at the following hotels through work if there are any in your area:

- Comfort Inn
- Comfort Suites
- Quality
- Clarion
- Sleep Inn
- MainStay Suites
- Econo Lodge
- Rodeway Inn

That is unless anyone has extra accomodations for my girlfriend and myself :D

Earthworm
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Waiting for updates...

SVX-FF
04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Waiting for updates...

OK I have a map of were we are going to meet.
As far as a room the best I could find is a Cmfort Inn is this one. Hotel (http://www3.choicehotels.com/ires/en-us/html/HotelInfo?sid=dFa1M.wnIL2gyXv.3&hotel=WI017&sarea=12353&sname=Stillwater&sstate=MN&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=45.05638885498047&slon=-92.80583190917969&schain=CI&exp=&scity=Stillwater&sort=) From what I can see it is an easy drive across the St. Croix and your first exit in MN is SR-95 North into Stillwater. 95 becomes Main Street in Stillwater.

The major cross street is coing to be Myrtle St. E. and Water St.

I have never been there before. I just moved here last summer from the East coast. If there are any locals that can help PLEASE HELP!!!! :D

If there are any problems on the day of call me on my cell phone. 717-476-1593.

Steve

SVX-FF
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Sorry about the delay in info, I had school last night until 10pm and a screaming 7 week old all night. :eek:

Steve

SVX-FF
04-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Here is the weather report (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/weekend.html?locid=55082) for the Stillwater Meet on April 9th, 2005

Hope to see many of you Minnesotains and yes you cheese heads too on Saturday.

Steve

quikone
04-05-2005, 08:54 PM
SVX FF,
Im hoping i will be able to make it. I was very optimistic of having the Brake Kit done on time, but it does not look so. :(
They are sending me another kit hopefully tomorrow (Wed 6) but we will see.
Seems to be a few problems with the old kit :eek: . New calipers, pads, brackets, master cylinder... and such. A whole lot of work to do in just 3 days so we will see. I'll keep you posted.

SVX-FF
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
SVX FF,
Im hoping i will be able to make it. I was very optimistic of having the Brake Kit done on time, but it does not look so. :(
They are sending me another kit hopefully tomorrow (Wed 6) but we will see.
Seems to be a few problems with the old kit :eek: . New calipers, pads, brackets, master cylinder... and such. A whole lot of work to do in just 3 days so we will see. I'll keep you posted.

Ok but if you do not make it than I quess we will have to make a pit shot on the way to dinner.

Good luck with the masive brake job.

Steve

Pure_Insanity8
04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Steve, you want to drive out together? My girlfriend wants to come with me so I will be up in Anoka. I can stop by at your place or vice-versa if you want to hop onto HWY 10 to head out there. What time were you planning on leaving (8:00 AM looked to be early enough)?

SVX-FF
04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
That sounds great Aaron, I was planning on leaving around 8 am. I will most likey be a little late getting out the door. Last minute things and all. Why don't you meet me at my house, I might get lose and even later trying to find your girlfriends place that early in the morning.

Steve

Earthworm
04-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I'll be leaving at 8pm...tomorrow night.

I hooked up my subs and found out my amp is fried. I took it back for warranty and they'll refund me what I paid for it to go towards a new amp. They gave me a lender - a brand new Alpine MRD-M605. I need to hook that up tonight.

Earthworm
04-07-2005, 11:23 AM
What are everyone's phone numbers? Will we use FRS radios? I have a couple of crappy ones that don't use subchannels. My cell is 204-268-5068.

Pure_Insanity8
04-07-2005, 04:13 PM
That sounds great Aaron, I was planning on leaving around 8 am. I will most likey be a little late getting out the door. Last minute things and all. Why don't you meet me at my house, I might get lose and even later trying to find your girlfriends place that early in the morning.

Steve

:D Cool. We could all PM you our cell numbers for a list to PM back to everyone.

Earthworm
04-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Next one is in Winnipeg!

SVX-FF
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Next one is in Winnipeg!

sound like a good idea. I need to get a passport. :D

Steve

Earthworm
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm going to need someone's phone number. I'll be lost without it.

I have my directions ready to get there but it would be better with an exact address.

SVX-FF
04-08-2005, 03:06 PM
The major cross street is coing to be Myrtle St. E. and Water St.

If there are any problems on the day of call me on my cell phone. 717-476-1593.

Steve

Here you go.

Steve

Earthworm
04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll be there with the SVX with Manitoba plates :)

Earthworm
04-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Would there be any reason for me to bring my FSM's? Is there anything technical we'd want to go over while we're together?

Earthworm
04-08-2005, 06:24 PM
This will be my last post before leaving.

I won't be bringing my FSM's with me. I have a hotel ready to go (Comfort Inn)

If anyone wants to go through any tech issues I'd be more than willing to walk anyone through them. (To the best of my abilities)

See you when I get there.

quikone
04-09-2005, 01:24 PM
hey all sorry that i couldnt make the meet, man it would have been fun to meet fellow SVX drivers and hear all sorts of storys. let me know how everything went and hopefully i can meet some of you guys some other time.
As far as the break go, The Front is done, the Rear not so much. They clearance drilled the wrong Hole so i cant mount the rear caliper and they sent the wrong Master Cylinder. So maybe in acouple of weeks the breaks will be done, BUT we will see.
Again sorry i couldnt be there. Have Fun and MASH the Throttle and Corners For me... :)

SVX-FF
04-09-2005, 06:59 PM
I am sorry you were not able to make it too. We had a lot of fun. We had a nice drive from Stillwater to Taylors Falls. Then we drove to the Lion's Tap. The pic is from the bluff over looking the Minnesota River Valley. We did about a 150 miles today. Next year it is in Canada, per Earthworm.

Steve

Pure_Insanity8
04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
What was really funny... was after you guys headed up the hill, I headed down the hill to go to my dad's place... as I approach Lion's Tap, what should turn in front of me toward the restaurant but a woman in an ebony SVX! :D

SVX-FF
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
What was really funny... was after you guys headed up the hill, I headed down the hill to go to my dad's place... as I approach Lion's Tap, what should turn in front of me toward the restaurant but a woman in an ebony SVX! :D

That's so cool :cool: Was she hot :D

Steve

Pure_Insanity8
04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Not bad... but her SVX was hotter! :D

Rotorflyr
04-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Did you stop in and tag her car with a network card or anything???

On a side note, I'll be out in the Twin Cities at some point this summer, probably won't have the SVX with me, but we may still have to set up another Tap run! :D

Earthworm
04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Next year it is in Canada, per Earthworm.Yes, that's my goal. Hopefully we won't need a passport to cross the border by then.

I was even mentioning to Steve that for an option this year we could have an event surrounding the regional auto-x event. Once a year they have a 2 day event (I competed last year). I figure we could get a few SVXi together to either watch or compete. What we did the saturday evening lat year was head to Speedworld for an evening of karting, That was a LOT of fun and the karts are supposed to be even faster now.

The event last year was held in September but I haven't checked this year yet. I'd like to know who may be interested in this.

I'll post my photo collection from last weekend's mini meet sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Pure_Insanity8
04-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Did you stop in and tag her car with a network card or anything???

On a side note, I'll be out in the Twin Cities at some point this summer, probably won't have the SVX with me, but we may still have to set up another Tap run! :D

No I didn't... she wasn't stopping. Would have been a little odd to e-brake it in the middle of the street and chase her down. :D

If we go to the Tap again... we gotta remember to bring coupons!

quikone
04-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey All. Love the pics wish i could have made it. If there is another meet Im in for sure this time. Brakes are in and DONE :D Man am i lovin it. It was worth the wait, STOPPING is insane!!!!! No Bias front to rear No pull Left to Right nothing, They are Fantastic. I will try to post pic in my locker soon. now Back to the matter at hand. When should we set the next meet ( Location Time and Date ) any ideas. Im In this time.. Promise :D

Earthworm
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I'd like to arrange a Winnipeg meet possibly even this year sometime. It's about an 8 hour drive from Minneapolis. I'll have to start a new thread to organise this.

Earthworm
04-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok, I'm a little late but here's my collection of images from the trip:

http://svx-iw.com/pics/readingmn/

I noticed most of my pics were from the art place.

SVX-FF
04-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Nice set up Dave. I like the way the pictures change from ont to another. Were did you gat the shots of the peligan?

steve

Earthworm
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
That photo gallery was created with Photoshop CS2.

Pelican pic was at Pelican Rapids :D