PDA

View Full Version : gas smell

SVXtc
01-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I got my transmission rebuilt. When I got the car back, it still was shifting right. Wouldn't start half the time either. Took it to someone for them to rebuild the alternator. Said they couldn't do it. They did however replace the alternator belt. When I got the car back it strongly smelt like gas. I figured maybe because it was at the shop and maybe the guys smelt like gas when they were in the car. I went out and bought and new alternator. Car still doesn't start all the time, shifting is still messed up, and the car still smells like gas. I think there is something very wrong here. Please tell me what may be wrong. I am always hearing something about a "crack in the seal". Is this maybe what is wrong? I would like to be able to tell the transmission guys something before I take it back to them.

cdebban
01-19-2002, 11:34 AM
As for the gas smell check all of the fuel lines they are easy to damage!

SVXtc
01-21-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm always hearing something about craked seals. A Subaru Tech told me if I'm having problems with the transmission after the rebuild, it may be a craked seal. What seal is he talking about?

cdebban
01-28-2002, 07:04 PM
could be any of the seals in the trans there are about 50 of them in the trans!

SVXtc
01-28-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey chris...my mechanic said my barametric sensor has gone bad, but i don't really need to replace it. What does it do and is he right?