PDA

View Full Version : Personal Briefcase live

sith
04-14-2001, 11:58 PM
If you go to your profile now, you will see a link to your personal briefcase (towards the top, in the nav bar). The first time you go there you will have to click the "create" link to set everything up on the server for you. You can then upload files, create folders, whatever. Jpegs and Gifs will be automatically thumbnailed, if they have a .jpg or .gif extension. Otherwise, any file type can be uploaded and will be given a "document" icon. It is also important that you include a description on the files, as the original file name isnt perserved (to prevent abuse by having filenames like "blah.jpg | echo /etc/passwd > mail "To: leethax0r!"" or something.

If you need more help, post here.

Also, the main navigation bar on the left side of the main page has a link to the personal briefcase list, which shows everybodies briefcase.

You can get to it at:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos

Hope you all like it!

Aredubjay
04-15-2001, 10:47 PM
Sith, as usual, stellar job. You guys just keep adding nice little touches to our "New Clubhouse." Keep up the good work!

sith
04-16-2001, 12:24 AM
I added a bit of the navigation stuff to the upper right corner of the forum.. does that annoy anyone to the point they'd like it removed? My goal is to better integrate the forum with the rest of the "network" site. Input anyone?

alanscouse
04-16-2001, 08:50 AM
Sith : Thanks for the great job! I just posted a bunch of digital pics from the Reading,Pa meet last weekend into my personal briefcase , for all to enjoy .

Alan.:)

Aredubjay
04-16-2001, 09:14 AM
Alan, thanks for uploading the pics. I brought my camera, but was having "so much fun with my shoes on" that I forgot to take pictures:eek:

Meanwhile, Shari says Hi! And, that she's sorry she missed seeing you.

svxxx26
04-16-2001, 09:23 AM
Any story/background/etc. on those "interesting" turquoise wheels on the teal SVX? :eek:

Whose are they?

Aredubjay
04-16-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by svxxx26
Any story/background/etc. on those "interesting" turquoise wheels on the teal SVX? :eek:

Whose are they?

Those wheels just happen to belong to our own "Unkle Worn." Seems he sent them away to be painted the SAME COLOR AS HIS TEAL SVX -- Obviously, they missed by a country mile. You'll have to ask him for particulars. :)

svxistentialist
04-16-2001, 09:34 AM
:D :D

Sith, you guys have excelled yourselves again. Just tried the briecase feature, alanscouse's photos [thank you Alan], was almost like being there without the bourbon hangover.

Used the search on the Yahoo site, brilliant facility. Yahoo should head hunt you guys right now, before their shares plunge any further!!!

Joe:)

svxistentialist
04-16-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Those wheels just happen to belong to our own "Unkle Worn." Seems he sent them away to be painted the SAME COLOR AS HIS TEAL SVX -- Obviously, they missed by a country mile. You'll have to ask him for particulars. :)

Not so much Teal as squeal, eh, Randy.

Joe

svxxx26
04-16-2001, 09:46 AM
<<Those wheels just happen to belong to our own "Unkle Worn." Seems he sent them away to be painted the SAME COLOR AS HIS TEAL SVX -- Obviously, they missed by a country mile. You'll have to ask him for particulars. >>

Oh my God.
I will restrain myself from further comment, although a good, healthy AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! might be in order. :rolleyes:

Aredubjay
04-16-2001, 12:21 PM
<<I will restrain myself from further comment, although a good, healthy AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! might be in order.>>

No, that's only if they're the "Y" word. I believe the appropriate response here, is "EEEEEEWWWWWW!" :D

svxxx26
04-16-2001, 01:35 PM
<<I believe the appropriate response here, is "EEEEEEWWWWWW!">>

I won't mention what my initial reaction was :eek:

Aredubjay
04-16-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by svxxx26
<<I believe the appropriate response here, is "EEEEEEWWWWWW!">>

I won't mention what my initial reaction was :eek:

Please don't. :D Notice, I said "appropriate" response. Appropriate is neither right nor wrong -- it means "best suited to a given situation." And, since this is a "family" show . . . well, mostly. :D

Aredubjay
04-16-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Not so much Teal as squeal, eh, Randy.

Joe

I try not to use the word "squeal" too much, Joe. I've found that when my "yankee" friends come to visit me, here in the south, that it makes them a bit uncomfortable -- 'specially if they've seen the movie "Deliverance" recently. :D

svxistentialist
04-16-2001, 03:18 PM
See what you mean, but it's closer to a pig than a duck. I meant loud, but that wouldn't rhyme.

And if movies are your thang, Deliverance wouldn't spring to mind, maybe the colour of some of what Linda Blair spewed in "The Exorcist"?

Without wishing to be unkind to Unkle, I have often thought the way to dress up a car is to body colour the wheels. Have seen it done really well a few times. For best effect, you need the spokes to butt joint to the rims, rather than flow into the rim area the way ours do. That way, you can body colour the spokes, and leave the rim silver, or better yet, chrome. Some of the more expensive two-piece rims would be ideal for this treatment.

Joe:)