PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

quikone
02-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I had the dual Magnaflo's Installed in my Suby and it sound great.
Had a performance shop out here in MN do it for $450.
It has a nice throaty grumble to it. Fully welded 22ga Galv.
Had to keep the stock tips, LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!
Looks much better and much smaller to, couldn't believe the size difference after the fact.

Chiketkd
02-26-2005, 07:43 AM
I also installed a Magnaflow on mine and it sounds awesome - but unlike your dual muffler set-up, I just went with the 1 inlet-2 outlet 2.5" O.D. Camaro style muffler...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/24460.jpg

Congrats!

-Chike

P.S. I got the exhaust clamps removed a few weekends ago and everything welded up. Tom (svxfiles) and I just wanted to be sure that there were no rattles before making everything permanent.

rob_4187
03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Either of you have sound clips? I'm looking to get magnaflow in april and im not sure whether to go two mufflers or one. Which would be best for running nitrous? (its a small shot)

Chiketkd
03-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rob_4187
Either of you have sound clips? I'm looking to get magnaflow in april and im not sure whether to go two mufflers or one. Which would be best for running nitrous? (its a small shot)
Sorry, I don't have any sound clips. With a small shot of NO2, either set-up would work though. Just don't go too large on the piping... ;)

-Chike

n00b on demand
03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Ive been wanting to do my exhaust for such a long time. I figure the muffler should be 80 bucks....but NY mechanics r so shady so the install will prolly be expensive.

WGJ
03-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Chike.
The outlet for yer exhaust tips doesn't look stock. O ram I too tall to see with the car on the ground?
WGJ

GreenMarine
03-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Chike.
....... O ram I too tall to see with the car on the ground?
WGJ

Huh :confused::confused:????? What are you trying to say??

svxfiles
03-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Or, am I too tall to see, with the car on the ground?

We installed aftermarket tips on Chi ke's car, He can tell you who's.

Bwana
03-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Chike.
The outlet for yer exhaust tips doesn't look stock. O ram I too tall to see with the car on the ground?
WGJ

The picture is of Chike's car. He doesnt have the stock tips.

quikone is the one who kept the stock tips.

;)

svxfiles
03-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Happy birthday, Bwana! :)

Would you believe my computer is slow? :o

CigarJohnny
03-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Happy birthday, Bwana! :) Ditto! :)

CigarJohnny
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I have dual Magnaflows on mine and the sound is simply amazing. I cannot recommend it more. Much better than the flowmaster 60s I have heard on some SVXen.

Johnny

WGJ
03-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Sorry but I was referring to the holes in the bodywork the exhaust pipe and tips are sticking out of... are those the stock openings for the tail pipes or do you have custom bodywork?
Thanks,
WGJ

sharky512345
03-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I have dual Magnaflows on mine and the sound is simply amazing. I cannot recommend it more. Much better than the flowmaster 60s I have heard on some SVXen.

Johnny

Do you have sound clips? Or anyone else for that matter? :)

svxfiles
03-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry but I was referring to the holes in the bodywork the exhaust pipe and tips are sticking out of... are those the stock openings for the tail pipes or do you have custom bodywork?
Thanks,
WGJ

Those openings are stock SVX.

Chiketkd
03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks,
WGJ
Yup, the outlet in the bodywork for the exhaust tips is factory stock. Didn't do any custom...

-Chike

WGJ
03-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Cool...sorry to sound like such an old fart but I strained my lower back and couldn't remember how much space there was for a "custom" configuration and can't bend down right now to get a good look so your photo is quite timely.
Thanks,
WGJ

Motorsport-SVX
03-12-2005, 01:29 AM
someone hang on to them :o
because I dont get on here as much as Id like

www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/passing1.wav

www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/passing2.wav

www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/starting.wav

www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/incar2.wav

there you go :D