PDA

View Full Version : shisha hookah in car..... tell me what u think

intellibomb
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
bear with me, this diagram is rough....

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/intellibomb/24937.GIF

but i have devised the ultimate idea for an in-car hookah

i dont know if you all are familiar with a tobacco hookah,

but it is basically a waterpipe in which you smoke flavored tobacco....

before you decide you dont like it you have to try it....

its nothing like a cigarette,.... so smooth and tasty..

ANYHOO

normally you use hot coals to heat the bowl, but in a car that is not the best idea :)

so i have devised an idea to use a small heating coil, perhaps several cigarette lighters wired in a series to achieve the heating
(this is all hidden above the bowl)
The bowl will be a modified version of the ashtray, basically fitting into the same slot and looking stock.

the coil will be activated with a knob-timer switch, similar to a kitchen timer. this is to prevent over-heating

the piping will go from there to the mason jar (which will be situated either in the engine bay or under the dash, somewhere that it will not be above the bowl so gravity wont get it wet.)

from the mason jar another hose will come out, this time leading to a mouthpiece from a traditional hookah. this hose will be attached to a mini hose reel that will retract when not in use, either to under the seat or under the dash.

when not in use it will give the appearance of complete stockness,

and will be the coolest thing ever when done!

please tell me what you all think.

BTW
links to other "traditional" hookahs:

hookah site (http://shisha-hookah.com/cgi/HOKstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Hookahs)

lhopp77
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Bwana
02-14-2005, 05:14 PM
This thread is doomed.
Cool idea though...our user base wont support it. :p

Matthewmongan
02-14-2005, 06:07 PM
man i walked into my friends house ahd their was a giant hooka in the middle of the room . i was like "WTF, what are you doing smoking pot you moron"
but to my suprise it was the tobaco burning away. after smoking it myself to make sure it wasnt pot because i didnt believe him i have to say it was a plesent experience. he had this strawberry tobaco that was moist and almost like cewing tobaco, very smoth and mellow.

however, im all about geiting cancer but the fuzz would be all over that in a bad way. cool idea tough.

Wiz
02-14-2005, 09:02 PM
LOL, That's sweet. Matthewmongan is right about the fuzz though, it could attract their attention if they figured out what it was. Although I don't think there is much they could do unless it was used for pot.

Matthewmongan
02-14-2005, 09:13 PM
they would "remove" it (rip it our and most of your console with it) so they could test it for pot i imagine they would search your car as well. so the retractable mouth piece is a good idea. ive had my car drug searched before (i dont do drugs and most certainly not in the car) and after their finished thier fruitless romp the car looks like lu feringo painted himself green and had a tantrum in the car, yeah its that bad. they even riped out one of my ac vents (the one above the climate controls on the right) and i still havent been able to piece it together. if this were fuedal japan i would reserve the right to stab away. but some things just arnt ment for this world.

(sobbs and dreams of a day where he can weild a sword agenst his enimies)

Bxsvx
02-14-2005, 10:40 PM
alright, the hookah/ sheesha spot is in queens, it is almost mandatory that my boys have it twice a week,with some nice arabic mint tea. You guys are missing out!!!!!

Rotorflyr
02-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Where in Queens is it?

intellibomb
02-15-2005, 12:35 PM
im not too worried about the 5-0,

as the actual apparatus would be hidden, and the bowl would be removeable via the ashtray....

i agree, cops suck and would go all out trying to make a bust probably,

but f-ck em. i have my green card (california :) ) so even if it was pot they couldnt do anything.

i just like hookah-ing, and i thought it would be sweet.

i have also had my car "strip searched" for drugs and i agree... not fun.

cops are dicks there is no way around it but i think it would be worthwile. ...

so its just a matter of making it work.... we'll see when i actually get my svx :)

thanks for the input

PhatWeasel
02-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
...after smoking it myself to make sure it wasnt pot ...

AHahaaahaaaha!

Busted.

svxistentialist
02-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by intellibomb
im not too worried about the 5-0,

as the actual apparatus would be hidden, and the bowl would be removeable via the ashtray....

i agree, cops suck and would go all out trying to make a bust probably,

but f-ck em. i have my green card (california :) ) so even if it was pot they couldnt do anything.

i just like hookah-ing, and i thought it would be sweet.

i have also had my car "strip searched" for drugs and i agree... not fun.

cops are dicks there is no way around it but i think it would be worthwile. ...

so its just a matter of making it work.... we'll see when i actually get my svx :)

thanks for the input

Considering that the inside of an SVX does not even lend itself to the provision of a Mickey Mouse cup holder , it seems more than a little fanciful and optimistic to furnish it with a hidden and workable hookah.;) :)

But if you think you can do it, there may be a market for it.

When I first saw the title of your thread, it thought it possible that you yourself could be getting strip searched by the vice squad, but I see I misread the situation.:D

Holy smoke...:)

Bxsvx
02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
In Astoria, on Steinway street, right off of the grand central pkwy

n00b on demand
02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
That is the best diagram I have ever seen.

svxistentialist
02-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
That is the best diagram I have ever seen.

Sheltered youth.:rolleyes:

Landshark
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Sheltered youth.:rolleyes:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/24960.gif

i'm putting a Kegerator in my car - can pour a nice cold frosty one while i drive. what do you guys think?

Wiz
02-15-2005, 04:40 PM

Hehe, I wish it worked that way in Maine. I hear that in Cali you can just buy the cards in some cases and they won't even ask you why you need it.

Although around here the worst it ever really gets is a fine, I know people that have got off dealing it with only a fine. LOL Up here in the boonies most people don't think of it as a big deal.

intellibomb
02-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I hear that in Cali you can just buy the cards in some cases and they won't even ask you why you need it.

well, sort of.

there are certain *ahem* quack doctors that will give you a license for just about anything. i had ADD as a kid, so that was my in.

That diagram was the result of a good ~2 minutes of furious clicking. ... the ispiration just hit me and i whipped it right out :)

Landshark:
while your at it, build the tap right on the dash....

svxtinestialist:
i think it will be really nice when i actually put it into action....
i have been thinking about doing it on my f150 for a while, but that thing is broke as hell ....

the heating coil is going to be the biggest challenge
:)

-JJ

Wiz
02-15-2005, 05:41 PM

well, sort of.

there are certain *ahem* quack doctors that will give you a license for just about anything. i had ADD as a kid, so that was my in.

I've been though a ton mood stablizers becasue of doctors like this. I ened up getting fed up and cold turkeyed paxil, effexor, neurontin. Although around here I don't think its as easy to get a reccomendation for pot. I takes cancer or something like that over here. And I've been diagnosed with things like ADD (aspergers syndrome). Although I've learned to deal with it and I found the mood drugs usually made it worse anyways.

Either way most of that is in my past now.

Oh, and I've been showing this thread to some of my friends. They think its great. LOL

Seeing something like this in an SVX would be funny as hell. I can only imagin someone driving around in an SVX with a hookah tube coming out form under the seat or something. Of course with our car being the way it is, some silly people might even think it was stock if its done well enough. :D

svxistentialist
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Fear and Loathing in .....Las Vegas

.....in them thar hills,

....in White Plains,

.....in The Burgh,

....in Southwest Harbour,

....Salisbury,

...the Bronx

need I go on?

:eek: :D

intellibomb
02-16-2005, 12:57 AM
"We can't stop here.... this is bat country..."

oh and btw... this was just the inspiration... the diagram was a quickly drafted sketch, but when i get down to doing this, it will be classy, clean, and hidden.

it would be heinous to do a poor job on a mod for an SVX.

mikecg
02-16-2005, 04:09 PM
AKA The Car Bong

svxistentialist
02-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by mikecg
AKA The Car Bong

And you fill it with car bong fibre!!!!

YO!!:D :D

Matthewmongan
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
man i really need to see 'fear and loathing in las vegas' that referance went over my head like a 747 traveling west at a speed of 600 km an hour. a second plane leaves at the same time as the first plane but 1000km away from where the first plane left traveling east at 750 km/hour with a 250km/h north cross wind when. will they intersect?

Landshark
02-16-2005, 07:30 PM
i was gonna install a mirrored dash board to do coke off of, or in case i ever had to give Harry and his crack-monkeys a ride. :D

i'm rick James, beotch!

Rotorflyr
02-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Bxsvx
In Astoria, on Steinway street, right off of the grand central pkwy

Cool, may have to check it out next time Im back visiting the parental units. There's other cool stuff in astoria as well, including some good places to eat!