PDA

View Full Version : Another hidden SVX feature: Cell Ph Holder

Motorsport-SVX
02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
it was hear the whole time and I just found it today
and proof the car was ahead of its time !!
Because a cell phone would of never fit here 10 yrs ago !!!

I dont even have to hear it ring, I can see it out of the corner of my eye too :)

ensteele
02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
:D :D ;)

Seraph
02-08-2005, 10:01 PM
I've done that too. My new phone will not fit though. :)

Motorsport-SVX
02-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Seraph
I've done that too. My new phone will not fit though. :)

you arent going Retro are you and going back to the old
Brick phones are you !! ?? j/k :eek:

BordeauxComet
02-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I have the same phone (but not for long, it's giving me some problems), and I keep it almost in the same spot! The belt holster fits perfectly in the door pocket, so I just clip the phone into that.

shelfy
02-09-2005, 12:50 AM
that would work for me if i switch to the standard battery.

Landshark
02-09-2005, 03:50 AM
doesn't work for me.

http://www.thehumorsource.com/pictures/1117.jpg

dcarrb
02-09-2005, 05:51 AM
And all this time I thought that was the garage door-opener holder.

dcb

shelfy
02-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by shelfy
that would work for me if i switch to the standard battery. darn nextel phone's still too big. :mad:

Ciscokid
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Landshark, that pic reminds me of Zoolander.

TomsSVX
02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I usually use the Hand brake boot to hold my phone. Just wedge it in there and you can see if someone is calling you anytime. that rubber hold it well and will not allow the phone to fly around the car when driving hard.

Tom

pavanbabut
02-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by tomssvx
I usually use the Hand brake boot to hold my phone. Just wedge it in there and you can see if someone is calling you anytime. that rubber hold it well and will not allow the phone to fly around the car when driving hard.

Tom

I also use the same thing(hand brake) for holding my cellphone.

Pavan.

Motorsport-SVX
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM

Tom

I use to try that..
I couldnt see or hear it all tha twell at all, it almost
sat next to me if not behind me...
and it wouldnt always stay in place...
maybe my driving habits arent the same as yours :)
I use to find it between the pass seat and door alot.

TomsSVX
02-09-2005, 08:25 PM
well i sit w/ my seat all the way back so i can see and hear it pretty well. My driving habits are quite relaxed as compared to other 20 yr old kids i know.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tom

Speedklix
02-09-2005, 10:06 PM
When it is hooked up to the car kit, the cord holds it in place on my right thigh. This place i can see it, it is not in the way of anything, and hooked up there is no way to not hear it!!

If I don't plug it in I usually just wedge it in the door handle/compartment thing. (just behind the real door handle)... My old midget phone used to fit in the opening of the ashtray perfect, like it was meant to be there!

I used one of those cradle things for a while but it got in the way of my new stereo… before that I thought it was pretty nifty.

Matthewmongan
02-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by pavanbabut

I also use the same thing(hand brake) for holding my cellphone.

Pavan.

as do i. i use nextel (until tomaorrow) but i think my new phone isnt a flip so i could accedentally dial the ex while im driving around and then she would call me back and i would be like "im sorry for being a jerk" and we would be daiting again. its a vicious cycle. so i thing ill keep it in the shirt pocket or the breif case (i wear dress shirts every day, im a dork. i enjoy star trek and batelstar glactica and on occasion i like to wave a broom stick around making lightsaber noises. )

Motorsport-SVX
02-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthewmongan

as do i. i use nextel (until tomaorrow) but i think my new phone isnt a flip so i could accedentally dial the ex while im driving around and then she would call me back and i would be like "im sorry for being a jerk" and we would be daiting again. its a vicious cycle. so i thing ill keep it in the shirt pocket or the breif case (i wear dress shirts every day, im a dork. i enjoy star trek and batelstar glactica and on occasion i like to wave a broom stick around making lightsaber noises. )

LOL..LOL
thats sum funny ish...
I keep it away from my body, I still believe the radiation is harmful..call me old school

and I never sit that far back in my seat...
still old school :)

shelfy
02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
why would you have your ex's phone number in your new phone? :confused:

TomsSVX
02-10-2005, 09:07 AM
why would you have your ex's #??? Get out while u still can;)

Tom

dcarrb
02-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by shelfy
why would you have your ex's phone number in your new phone? :confused:

Hey, my first wife and I are good freinds. I even helped wallpaper her kitchen.

dcb

Earthworm
02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
My phone won't fit in that spot but it does fit snug in the pocket/handle on the door. Of course I can't keep it charged when it's there so I will also put it in the empty pocket under my stereo.

TomsSVX
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

and I never sit that far back in my seat...
still old school :)

i don't gangsta lean in my seat, I am 6'4" and my seat is pushed all the way back but the back is not leaning back. HEheheheh Gangsta lean is hillarious, I pull up to a gangsta leaner and just hold myself 3" away from the steering wheel to offset the cool factors in the area. (Super cool gangsta lean vs. Super cool old lady smush)

Tom

RSVX
02-14-2005, 01:53 PM
if you have a phone that has the removeable protion of the belt clip (like with a leather case) you can pull the whole thing off of your belt, and put the part that attaches to the belt in between the center console and the passengers seat. This works quite well, even with a passenger, it also allows for a nice clean wiring route from the car charger.

Matthewmongan
02-14-2005, 03:42 PM
yeah so my new phone has a qwerty board built in. so i can aim people and check email on the go. i was talkin to my friend last night and he brought up an intresting point .

"you know whats scarry about aim now"

me"no what"

"you could be waiting outside my door loading a shot gun, typing on you cell and i would think your home"

very true so far i have freaked out 2 people today by imin them and being like " you shouldnt leave your front door unlocked" or i type "look out your window" and i start tapping the window when the recieve the message so their like "wtf"

hahahaha good times

TomsSVX
02-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I am starting to think you have too much free time on your hands;) ;)

Tom

svxistentialist
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I am starting to think you have too much free time on your hands;) ;)

Tom

Me 2.

But @ least he owns up to it, doesn't hide all the freaky things he does.

;)

CigarJohnny
02-17-2005, 10:43 AM
While driving my new SVX home I tried my Motorola V400 in the door latch/cell holder and it fit like it was made for it. No slop or looseness.

"Motorola V400 - The Official Cell Phone for the SVX" ;)

Johnny

Edit: Oh yeah...Thanks for the great idea, Dayle!

svxistentialist
02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
While driving my new SVX home I tried my Motorola V400 in the door latch/cell holder and it fit like it was made for it. No slop or looseness.

"Motorola V400 - The Official Cell Phone for the SVX" ;)

Johnny

Edit: Oh yeah...Thanks for the great idea, Dayle!

We know about the cellphone already.

Tell us what we need to know.

How does the 5 speed go, how does it compare??

;) :D

CigarJohnny
02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist

We know about the cellphone already.

Tell us what we need to know.

How does the 5 speed go, how does it compare??

;) :D It goes like stink! :D Really, the only problem is that the clutch seems to be overheating and grabbing/stuttering something fierce when pulling out in first gear. Huck believes that the clutch may not be adjusted correctly and needs to be adjusted so it engages closer to the floor. It may be slipping and overheating. When it is cold it engages smoothly but once warm it is a real bugger to operate smoothly.

It really does change the way the SVX drives and feels. It's not the first time I have driven one with the 5-speed so I knew what to expect but it sure does change the personality. It feels more like a muscle car than a touring GT, especially with the exaust system it has on it. I will have to make a trip to Lehighton, PA just to drive it through the tunnel (windows and sunroof open) that goes through the mountain. :D

I averaged about 24 - 25 mpg on the trip home which is not too bad considering it has 4.11 gearing I guess. It is so much more responsive than with the automatic. I can't say enough good about it. Now I need to locate an "8-ball" shifter knob for it. The rubber Legacy knob just doesn't cut it. ;)

Johnny (stick it to me!)

svxistentialist
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I didn't realise, or had forgotten it was 4:11.

That would make a lot of difference to the pulling power in every gear.

Enjoy it!:p

You are making me jealous, I wonder if maybe I ought to change from the auto when I bolt in the supercharger.

Hmmmmmn.

Thinking, thinking....

Joe:)

TomsSVX
02-17-2005, 04:44 PM
The4.11 gears make all the difference. Besides the fact that you run out of gears real quick. I find myself running out of third gear very quickly. I try not to go faster than that most of the time(Key word: most). The 4.11 5speed is absolutly amazing. Just dropping into 4th at 70 and running through a hard turn and slingshot out of it at 110 is incredible. I had a Porsche crap his pants as everyone slowed to take this turn, I used reverse psychology on them and made them look like they were going backwards:D :D

5speed makes the SVX sooooooo much fun to drive, and my legacy trans has held up pretty well so far as a daily driver. My clutch has minimal chatter since i cut the flywheel 5k ago. Enjoy Johnny, next time you are in the Philly area look me up and we can meet up and compare 4.11 5mt's Later all.

Tom

n00b on demand
02-17-2005, 04:51 PM

i don't gangsta lean in my seat, I am 6'4" and my seat is pushed all the way back but the back is not leaning back. HEheheheh Gangsta lean is hillarious, I pull up to a gangsta leaner and just hold myself 3" away from the steering wheel to offset the cool factors in the area. (Super cool gangsta lean vs. Super cool old lady smush)

Tom

i gangsta lean....my friends call my seating position the mean gangsta lean haha!

TomsSVX
02-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Tom you are rediculous sometimes:D :D

Tom

n00b on demand
02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Tom you are rediculous sometimes:D :D

Tom

LOL isnt it weird typing your own name to say something to someone else? There sure are alot of Tom's on the network.....at least all the cool SVX'ers r named Tom :D

SSSVX
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I have done that too. It fits two of my phones even. I like to do that when doing long distance drive in the SVX.

Not leaving phones in that "holder" in short trip drive. Worrying if the phones might fall off while opening and closing the door. :D

TomsSVX
02-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93

LOL isnt it weird typing your own name to say something to someone else? There sure are alot of Tom's on the network.....at least all the cool SVX'ers r named Tom :D

The Toms on the Network are definately the COOLEST guys around. Anyway, it is kinda weird saying and typing your own name when adressing someone else. I will admitt that much. ;)

Tom

Matthewmongan
02-19-2005, 12:21 AM
those new motorola razors..... you could fit like 8 of them in the door opener, best part is that they GLOW LIKE TRON!!!!!

CigarJohnny
02-20-2005, 09:31 PM
The4.11 gears make all the difference. Besides the fact that you run out of gears real quick. I find myself running out of third gear very quickly. I try not to go faster than that most of the time(Key word: most). The 4.11 5speed is absolutly amazing. Just dropping into 4th at 70 and running through a hard turn and slingshot out of it at 110 is incredible. I had a Porsche crap his pants as everyone slowed to take this turn, I used reverse psychology on them and made them look like they were going backwards:D :D

5speed makes the SVX sooooooo much fun to drive, and my legacy trans has held up pretty well so far as a daily driver. My clutch has minimal chatter since i cut the flywheel 5k ago. Enjoy Johnny, next time you are in the Philly area look me up and we can meet up and compare 4.11 5mt's Later all.

Tom I'd love to. I'll PM you next time I'll be in the area (honestly it is very rare) and have some time to spend. You do the same if ever you travel into the Lehigh Valley area. Heck, we can get together in several weeks in Reading anyways. :)

Johnny

TomsSVX
02-21-2005, 10:00 AM
nice.