PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the ac-issues with balance of the crank shaft

benebob
02-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Just got done removing the ac from the race car. Wondering what is thought about the balance of the crank shaft w/o driving this belt? Think I should put the tensioner pulley back on and run a small belt to it?

Oh yeah will post the parts in WTB

oab_au
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by benebob
Just got done removing the ac from the race car. Wondering what is thought about the balance of the crank shaft w/o driving this belt? Think I should put the tensioner pulley back on and run a small belt to it?

Oh yeah will post the parts in WTB

Shouldn't worry it. Just a bit less gear to drive.:cool:

Harvey.;)

michael
02-08-2005, 05:18 PM
R-12 or R-134 parts?

benebob
02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
R-12 Michael. If you haven't heard from Hocrest yet, the hood cover was nice but destroyed 3/4th into getting it off. The one part ripped. Sorry man.:(

michael
02-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Poor hood liner :( Thanks for trying tho.

SVXRide
02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Ben,
Just go with a shorter belt!
Pics! we want Pics! :D
-Bill

benebob
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Just go with a shorter belt!
Pics! we want Pics! :D
-Bill

So I guess you'd be in the same boat as my wife when it came to finding out the sex. Pics are on the camera. Maybe, I'll get around to uploading them before Reading. If not it'll give ya more of a reason to come.:D This weekend, hopefully she arises from her long slumber. Gotta just get the plugs in, my $5 battery charged, come up with some long 8mm 1.0 bolts for the throttle body which I can't seem to find then just wait for Hocrest to show up with an ECU and hope we can figure out what plugs into it from the MESS of wires hanging out down there.

svxfiles
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Leaving this bracket saves 3 pounds:) http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/24706.jpg
I've run without the AC belt since fall with no issues.

svxsubaru1
02-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Ive seen some 1st gen legacys with no AC stock so i dought it would really afects it that much.

Earthworm
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by svxfiles
Leaving this bracket saves 3 pounds:) http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/24706.jpg
I've run without the AC belt since fall with no issues.
I've just removed this piece from my car as the idler pulley bearing was making noises.

That means both of my idler pulley bearings failed at almost the same time.