PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Photo in Drive magazine

svxter
04-13-2001, 08:15 AM
I just received the latest issue of Drive magazine from Subaru. On the fifth to last page, in an article about the design process, there is a very interesting photo. Just above the drawing of the ST-X truck is a photo of three guys working on a clay model. The shape sure looks familiar, especially a certain little ridge running through the middle of the windows.

alanscouse
04-13-2001, 08:22 AM
Bill : The photo in DRIVE magazine seems to be an old one that has previously appeared in the R&T book on the SVX , in the chapter dealing with the design of the SVX .

Alan.

svxter
04-13-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by alanscouse
Bill : The photo in DRIVE magazine seems to be an old one that has previously appeared in the R&T book on the SVX , in the chapter dealing with the design of the SVX .

Alan.

I'm not surprised at that, somehow. I just think it's interesting that they would choose that particular shot for an article that deals with the WRX as much as anything. Maybe someone at Subaru still has some interest in the SVX?

svxxx26
04-13-2001, 08:56 AM
Is there any caption attached to the photo?
Anybody have a scan of it?

svxter
04-13-2001, 10:57 AM
I'll be sure the magazine doesn't get put in the recycle bin, so you can see it next weekend.

PS. Any more thoughts about travel schedule next Friday?

svxxx26
04-13-2001, 11:34 AM
<<PS. Any more thoughts about travel schedule next Friday?>>

Well, I was justing thinking about that last night. Unless I hear from Molar Marauder soon (have you?), I'm probably going to come down through KY.
SVXphile is going to be making a detour to pick up his friend, so I would probably just be caravanning a short way with him.
Besides, seeing as you probably know the way ;) it might be a good idea for us to "tag along" :eek:

svxter
04-13-2001, 02:24 PM
No, I haven't heard anything from the Molar Marauder, so I assume his schedule doesn't permit his attending the meet. Drop me an email or PM next week, and we can arrange a meeting time/place if you want to go through KY.

Aredubjay
04-13-2001, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by svxxx26
Is there any caption attached to the photo?
Anybody have a scan of it?

Jerry, I'm guessing that's the photo on page 20 of the R&T Guide.

svxxx26
04-13-2001, 04:45 PM
Aredub, I do remember the pic from the R&T Guide. I was kind of curious to see if Drive used the pic as a sort of backdrop/anonymous picture or if they actually attached a caption to it.