PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Meet - Sunday March 6th in MD

Chiketkd
01-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Mason-Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, MD is opening for a test-n-tune on the weekend of March 5th and 6th. Some people like Tom (svxfiles) work on Saturday, so we thought it would be a good idea to schedule a meet on the Sunday instead.

Gates open at 11am, $25 to race, $10 to spectate.

For directions go to their website at:

www.masondixondragway.com/

Hope to see plenty of SVXers there! :)

-Chike

Chiketkd
01-28-2005, 08:50 PM
One thing, Mason Dixon is having a similar test-n-tune the following weekend (12th & 13th), so if the weather looks like it'll be bad on the 6th, we could always have the drag meet the next Sunday (13th).

-Chike

SVXRide
01-29-2005, 07:27 AM
Okay, now I guess I've got to get serious;)
Just took my race rims up to the local Mr. Tire to have the VictoRacers taken off and the new (to me) Hoosiers mounted up....now I just have to get the other half a dozen things I've got going on the car done!:D
-Bill

Chiketkd
01-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by SVXRide
Okay, now I guess I've got to get serious;)
Just took my race rims up to the local Mr. Tire to have the VictoRacers taken off and the new (to me) Hoosiers mounted up....now I just have to get the other half a dozen things I've got going on the car done!:D
-Bill
Sweet. It'll be great if you could make it Bill. Tom (svxfiles) is already confirmed.

1. Chiketkd
2. Svxfiles
3. SVXRide

SVXRide
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Chike,
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely there!:D You are ready to be the third fastest SVX there, right?:p
-Bill ("let the trash talking begin!")

Chiketkd
01-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Chike,
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely there!:D You are ready to be the third fastest SVX there, right?:p
-Bill ("let the trash talking begin!")
Ouch! The trash talking begins... :p

-Chike

SVXRide
01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
:D :D

-Bill (thinking that Tom is being uncharteristically silent so far...)

benebob
01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
You are ready to be the third fastest SVX there, right?:p

Maybe 4th fastest. That is if it warms up enough I can get some things done to the racer.;)

svxfiles
01-30-2005, 02:46 PM
:D :D

-Bill (thinking that Tom is being uncharacteristicly silent so far...)

My esteemed college, William, please allow me to correct your post. Thank you sir.:)

Chiketkd
01-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by benebob
Maybe 4th fastest. That is if it warms up enough I can get some things done to the racer.;)
What?! A 'dark horse' is about to enter the race?!!! :eek:

-Chike

SVXRide
01-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by svxfiles

YO, Rocket sciencetist! " uncharteristically " ? Even us West Virgins can spel betr!!@@ Tim

Okay, got me...put this one under the "lack of sleep" heading...
-Bill
p.s. Ben - your tires are ready - had them taken off my race rims yesterday (Saturday)

SVXRide
01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Chiketkd

-Chike

Fess up, Ben...your's will show up on a trailer!:cool:
-Bill

benebob
01-30-2005, 06:04 PM

-Chike

Dark horse? No just a Pearlie Excaliber:D :D :D . Yeah, she's a trailer car. That is if and when we find a trailer cheap enough.

Chiketkd
01-30-2005, 08:41 PM
No way...my car will definitely be faster than Bill's as his is 'stock' and mine is not... ;) :p

-Chike

SVXRide
01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
No way...my car will definitely be faster than Bill's as his is 'stock' and mine is not... ;) :p

-Chike

Especially with that new fancy exhaust!;)
-Bill (diving deeper and deeper into stealth mode...)

Chiketkd
01-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Especially with that new fancy exhaust!;)
-Bill (diving deeper and deeper into stealth mode...)
Why don't you come out into the open Mr. NASA scientist! :p

Our cars should actually be a pretty even match, btw... ;)

-Chike

SVXRide
01-31-2005, 03:15 PM

Why don't you come out into the open Mr. NASA scientist! :p

Our cars should actually be a pretty even match, btw... ;)

-Chike

Even match??
Let's see....Chike = fresher engine, lighter car, high flow exhaust, high flow intake, 4:11 almost brand new trans
Bill = old, old engine, really heavy car, barely breathing exhaust, intake (okay, so the car breathes well....), 3:55 old, old stock trans
I think you're going to have to spot me a second or two!:cool:
-Bill

Chiketkd
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I think you're going to have to spot me a second or two!:cool:
Coming from you Bill, that's a great compliment. However, with all the things you're doing to your 'stock' car, I'm sure our times next season will be within 0.1-0.2 seconds of each other. ;)

-Chike

SVXRide
01-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Coming from you Bill, that's a great compliment. However, with all the things you're doing to your 'stock' car, I'm sure our times next season will be within 0.1-0.2 seconds of each other. ;)

-Chike

Chike,
Ultimately, I think the trans gears are going to be the big difference. Keep up the good work with your car, you're definitely going about it the right way - IMHO.
-Bill (did I mention I just got my Hoosiers mounted up to my race rims this weekend - before it snowed!:D )

Chiketkd
01-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Chike,
Ultimately, I think the trans gears are going to be the big difference. Keep up the good work with your car, you're definitely going about it the right way - IMHO.
-Bill (did I mention I just got my Hoosiers mounted up to my race rims this weekend - before it snowed!:D )
Well Bill, you do have the hardware to switch to some shorter gears! ;)

That's awesome. Those Hoosiers are going to stick like glue at the track...

-Chike

Chiketkd
02-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Found out today that Myxalplyx may be able to make it. He'll either come in one of his XT's or his NO2 power Impreza OBS... :)

-Chike

SVXRide
02-04-2005, 12:13 PM

Well Bill, you do have the hardware to switch to some shorter gears! ;)

*snip

-Chike

Chike,
No, actually I don't....:mad:
-Bill

Chiketkd
02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Chike,
No, actually I don't....:mad:
-Bill
Sorry to hear. Hope you can locate it soon enough... :) I can't wait to race against you in '05.

-Chike

n00b on demand
02-05-2005, 09:06 AM
We should have a rally meet. Then i can show you how its really done :eek: :D

Chiketkd
02-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
We should have a rally meet. Then i can show you how its really done :eek: :D
I don't think I'd ever want to rally my SVX due to the low ground clearance of our cars. However, if I had a beater 5spd awd Impreza RS, I'd be game!!! :cool:

-Chike

TomsSVX
02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I might be able to make it out to the second test and tune you speak of. If anyone else is gonna go. probobly gonna need a place to shack up though.(any takers?) I wouldn't mind running the old girl. I should have my exhaust done by then and have some spare cash to fling around like monkie's with their own poop:D . Let me know if you will be going then?

Tom

svxfiles
02-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey, Tom. You are welcome to stay here.:) We are about one hour west of Hagerstown.
You'll see me there. I'll be in the FASTEST

(1992, Claret) SVX, :D

TomsSVX
02-16-2005, 09:20 PM
cool ill keep you updated if i can go.

Tom

SVXRide
02-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Hey, Tom. You are welcome to stay here.:) We are about one hour west of Hagerstown.
You'll see me there. I'll be in the FASTEST

(1992, Claret) SVX, :D

Yeah, you're probably right:D

but then again....... ;)
-Bill

svxfiles
02-17-2005, 07:52 AM

Yeah, you're probably right:D

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=286581

but then again....... ;)
-Bill

I THINK I'll be the ONLY Claret 92 SVX there. :rolleyes:

TomsSVX
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll be in the FASTEST

Shouldn't that be my line? What kind of times are you throwing down with all your mods? I might be able to give you a run for your money as long as I can keep my shifting steady. I hope you don't mind that I leave some things at your place like my spare and tools and maybe some seats. Is there anyone east of hagerstown? This way I will not be doubling back? No offense Tom but going an extra hour west was not really in my plans. well hope to hear from ya If not I will just drive out there sunday morning. Says it should take me 4 1/2 hours to get there i can prop make it in 3 1/2.

Tom

benebob
02-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by tomssvx

Shouldn't that be my line? What kind of times are you throwing down with all your mods? I might be able to give you a run for your money as long as I can keep my shifting steady.
Tom

Ah, you boys should just be scared of the bone stock SVX that is gonna show up and smoke all of ya with a rwd, a completion of the atkins diet and a mean Hocrest behind the wheel. Just need to find a stinking trailer first!!!:mad:

TomsSVX
02-17-2005, 09:05 AM
how exactly did u convert to rwd? Also, why did you do it? Still running the auto? Just curious.

Tom

svxfiles
02-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Ben, it would be great if you can make it!:D
The last time I was there, MINE WAS THE ONLY IMPORT THERE!!!

And it was packed!

Hey, Tom. We should have enough people to watch your seats, etc.
Not that that should be a worry."Them there Subee seat won't look rite in my pick up truck!"

"That thing gota Hemi?"

TomsSVX
02-17-2005, 11:30 AM
hahaha awsome

Tom

TomsSVX
02-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Just an update, Ciscokid's bro just backed out of the deal with my Barcelona. If he doesn't come through with it, I will not be able to make it to the meet. I need to keep money tight for a while and buy a new motor for it. Sorry guys, if u wanna come out here i will be able to go.

Tom

benebob
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
how exactly did u convert to rwd? Also, why did you do it? Still running the auto? Just curious.

Tom

Check out the link below in my sig. The tranny in it now has eaten its front dif. Making it a logical choice. As for why rwd? It is simply the best set up for a racecar/autox car hands down unless conditions go south. The hope is that we can sort it this way and create a poor mans Porshe killer.;) If not AWD will return. Just depends on how much weight we can shave of the sucker as to if the rwd will be worth it. If it works, we'll look at adopting somethings to force the tranny to send all the power there regardless.

Hocrest
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
... a mean Hocrest behind the wheel...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

We are teh F4st3r :rolleyes: :D

??Can we at least set up a 5 cone slalom about 1/2 way down the track???

Chiketkd
02-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice! Hope you can make it Tom (tomssvx). Someone definitely needs to buy your '94!!!

Would be nice to have a good group of SVXers at the meet. Fast times should definitely be had by all. Hocrest, will you be coming down with Ben (if he can find a trailer)?

-Chike

newsvx
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Okay, Chike, Bill, Tom and Ben. Looks like I'll HAVE to come to this EVENT!! Sounds like fun.
(at this point I could / should start talking a little trash too about how a "really" bone stock '97 will be the fastest there, but unfortunately, I'm afraid I KNOW better!!)

I doubt I will be running (unless there are those cones for a few turns before the lights) - just not my thing. But it should be fun watching you guys go head to head!!

BTW, we have not gotten anything firmed up yet for the autoX season. Hopeing soon. All of you guys will have to participate (especially you, Billy!!)

Harry

Chiketkd
02-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by newsvx
Okay, Chike, Bill, Tom and Ben. Looks like I'll HAVE to come to this EVENT!! Sounds like fun.
(at this point I could / should start talking a little trash too about how a "really" bone stock '97 will be the fastest there, but unfortunately, I'm afraid I KNOW better!!)

I doubt I will be running (unless there are those cones for a few turns before the lights) - just not my thing. But it should be fun watching you guys go head to head!!

BTW, we have not gotten anything firmed up yet for the autoX season. Hopeing soon. All of you guys will have to participate (especially you, Billy!!)

Harry
Hope you can make it Harry. The more SVXers the merrier! :)

Should see a 14 sec pass in an awd SVX w/ a 4EAT... ;)

-Chike

svxfiles
02-18-2005, 07:34 AM
Umm, stock 97 Harry?

"Exhaust, K&N Filter, Shift kit, and Urthane bushings ":D

j/k I hope to see you there!

newsvx
02-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Umm, stock 97 Harry?

"Exhaust, K&N Filter, Shift kit, and Urthane bushings ":D

j/k I hope to see you there!

:o :D ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

svxfiles
02-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Jeez:rolleyes: it looks like MINE will be the only REALLY stock SVX there!:)

Don't look down. don't look down, don't look down.

SVXRide
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM

Harry

Harry,
Well, I'm almost finished with my winter projects (have to be - the wife wants her part of the garage back!), so I'm starting to pencil in autoX dates.....
-Bill

benebob
02-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Jeez:rolleyes: it looks like MINE will be the only REALLY stock SVX there!:)

Hey now ours is stock. Its just missing a few pieces and a ton of bolts.;)

svxfiles
02-18-2005, 10:09 AM

Hey now ours is stock. Its just missing a few pieces and a ton of bolts.;)

Mmmm yea, like a beer is 23 cans shy of a case!:D

green_eyed_lady
02-18-2005, 10:33 AM

Hope you can make it Harry. The more SVXers the merrier! :)

-Chike

Svxfiles, don't forget to bring your digital camera......

Oh, wait, that's MY digital camera........ :confused:

Hocrest
02-18-2005, 11:02 AM

Mmmm yea, like a beer is 23 cans shy of a case!:D

Yeah, exactly :D:D

I think we could all agree that it would still be stock if it was missing.. let's say the ashtray and cig lighter??

Am I Right?

Well ours is missing those items and a few others, like;
passenger seat
back seat
carpet
consoles
passenger side of the dash
trunk linings
interior trim
head pnael
sunroof
front bumper beam
back bumper beam
some metal chips from the front diff
spare tire
jack and tools
the occasional extra bolt
pretty engine panels
hood liner
door jam
kick panels
steering column clamshell
under dash switches
air conditioning pump
air conditioning condenser
air conditioning lines
heater core
blower fan
radiator fans
ABS system
airbag computer
airbag sensors
airbag
cruise control module
front axles
passenger side mirror
driver side mirror
overhead buttons
rear view mirror

But other than that it is pretty much stock. :D :D

Oh no... I forgot that we added a Tranny cooler, so I guess we aren't stock anymore...
:rolleyes: :mad: :(

SVXRide
02-18-2005, 11:10 AM
sounds stock to me! Then again, you are going to be running the VictoRacers...
-Bill

svxfiles
02-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Actually, Diana's silver 92 is stock except for rotors and brake lines. :) Maybe She will run and give us a TRUE stock baseline.:cool:

Honey, Di?:)

green_eyed_lady
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Actually, Diana's silver 92 is stock except for rotors and brake lines. :) Maybe She will run and give us a TRUE stock baseline.:cool:

You forgot about the "VA hail modification" and the "windshield looks like a spiderweb" mod. It might affect the aerodynamics.
:D

I wonder how much wieght I can lose in 16 days.....Let's see, 3500 calories per lb.....times... hmmmm...looks like I can't eat for 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

benebob
02-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Well then Diana, unless your insurance is picking up the tab you might wanna take Hocrest and myself up on our offer for a free windshield. All you need to do is buy us the lexan to convert it. $250-400 depending on where ya get it.:D :D

green_eyed_lady
02-18-2005, 11:58 AM
....unless your insurance is picking up the tab...

I have had to replace the windshield at least once in each of the last 4 cars I have owned. Between that and deer hits, it's worth the extra $$ to keep comprehensive insurance on my car with a low deductible.

newsvx
02-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Just so we are all on the same sheet here, who will be "announcing" whether or not this "event" will be on Sat or Sun and the time to arrive, etc? I wouldn't want to show up on the wrong day!!

Harry

svxfiles
02-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I might go the day before just to get a head start.

Heh, heh, heh! :rolleyes:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

benebob
02-18-2005, 02:38 PM
So it is Sunday huh? Excellent. That means only one day of trailer renting. Pick it up after 2:30 on Sat, keep until Monday am.

TomsSVX
02-18-2005, 08:09 PM
AW come one!!!! you guys suck, getting together and having a sweet drag racing meet and I will not be able to get there. Does anyone know if Reading is gonna have a drag racing event? I would love that. Well have some good fun and may fast times be with you.

Tom

Chiketkd
02-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Just so we are all on the same sheet here, who will be "announcing" whether or not this "event" will be on Sat or Sun and the time to arrive, etc? I wouldn't want to show up on the wrong day!!

Harry
Yup it's Sunday March 6th. Svxfiles works a half day Saturday, so we figured Sunday would be a day that more people could make it.

I won't be able to join in the drinking festivities though - as it's Lent...

-Chike

P.S. Awesome. Looks like we'll get a huge group of SVXers - a perfect way to start the drag racing season!!! :cool:

TomsSVX
02-18-2005, 08:13 PM

Check out the link below in my sig. The tranny in it now has eaten its front dif. Making it a logical choice. As for why rwd? It is simply the best set up for a racecar/autox car hands down unless conditions go south. The hope is that we can sort it this way and create a poor mans Porshe killer.;) If not AWD will return. Just depends on how much weight we can shave of the sucker as to if the rwd will be worth it. If it works, we'll look at adopting somethings to force the tranny to send all the power there regardless.

There is no way you can weld up the clutches in the rear of the case? Run solid right out of the output shaft straight to the driveshaft. I dunno if it can be done as I have never disassembled an awd model transmission. Prob throw the balance off too so might not be the nest idea. Can anyone fab a solid peice to replace the trnasfer clutches?

Tom

Chiketkd
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
...on the XT6 network:

http://xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3784

Looks like Myxalplyx is going to make it and will be bringing his '89 fwd XT6 to break into the 15's all-motor! :cool:

So what numbers are we at now for the meet?

Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Benebob
Hocrest
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (possible - looks like his '94 sold!)

Hey, someone should PM Ron Mummert and SVXcess to see if they'll be around!

-Chike

TomsSVX
02-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Looks like I will be in for the March 6th race. I will let work know as soon as possible. Cya there guys.

Tom

Chiketkd
02-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Looks like I will be in for the March 6th race. I will let work know as soon as possible. Cya there guys.

Tom
Yes! I'll get to see my first 5MT SVX!!! :cool:

We're going to go head-to-head bud at least twice that day... ;)

-Chike

Ron Mummert
02-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey, someone should PM Ron Mummert and SVXcess to see if they'll be around!

-Chike [/B][/QUOTE]

Drag racin'?

Hmmmmmm.....

Ron (looks silly in drag).

SVXRide
02-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Drag racin'?

Hmmmmmm.....

Ron (looks silly in drag). [/B]

At least everyone would know you're "stock" :p
-Bill

benebob
02-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Trailer is rented. $48 plus tax isn't bad for a day I suppose. Don't even need to get a brake controller just yet as it has surge brakes. Can someone post the address as I can't seem to get their website to work.

Ron, you need to come, I'll deliver your 1 240 wheel I have plus give ya the info for getting the other 3 from an Xt6er in Hanover.;)

svxfiles
02-21-2005, 08:15 AM
If you are coming from Washington DC or Baltimore get on Rt. 270 or Rt. 70 and head towards Frederick, Md. Once at Frederick get on, or stay on, Rt. 70 west towards Hagerstown. Follow Rt. 70 until you reach Rt. 66 (Exit 35). Once at the bottom of the ramp turn onto Rt. 66 South, go about 1/2 miles until you reach Rt. 40 (you will see a Sheetz convienance store at the intersection) turn left (east) on Rt. 40 and go just another 1/2 mile, the Dragstrip entrance will be on your right.

If you are coming from Harrisburg or Martinsburg get on to Rt. 81 and follow it to Hagerstown, Md., when you get to Rt. 70 go east towards Frederick, Md. Follow Rt. 70 to EXIT 32A (Rt. 40). Get off that exit and follow Rt. 40 east for exactly 3.7 miles. The track entrance will be on your right side.

PS.... you will go by the same Sheetz Store that the directions above reference.

Track 24 Hour Race Line:
1-301-791-5193

Questions about this website? Email webmaster@masondixondragway.com

Website by Accelerate Design & Technology

TomsSVX
02-21-2005, 09:57 AM
can i just get the adress?

n00b on demand
02-21-2005, 10:17 AM

Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Benebob
Hocrest
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (possible - looks like his '94 sold!)
soobiesvx93 ( i have to work out key details with my job first tho!...big maybe for now)

-Chike

rufus
02-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Are non-SVXes welcome at this event? I'd like to find out what sort of times my Audi would put up.

TomsSVX
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I hope so. Trying to get my bro to bring his 12sec. TT 300zx.

Tom

svxfiles
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Mailing Address:
21344 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713

:)

Chiketkd
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by rufus
Are non-SVXes welcome at this event? I'd like to find out what sort of times my Audi would put up.
Absolutely Mike. It'll be good seeing you again. An Audi?!! What kind? A4, S4? :)

-Chike

P.S. Let me know if you want that SVX rear diff with the pinion gears in it and the ring gear removed? I still have it in my shed.

Chiketkd
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I hope so. Trying to get my bro to bring his 12sec. TT 300zx.

Tom
The more the merrier! :D

-Chike

Chiketkd
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Let's see...

Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Benebob
Hocrest
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (brother with 300ZXTT may come as well!)
Ron Mummert (always shows up to add levity!)
Soobiesvx93 (maybe - details to figure out)
Rufus (with his new Audi!)

TomsSVX
02-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Im pretty amped for this meet. My spring break starts the monday after. So i will be beginning my body work the following day. So excited to be able to hang with some fellow SVXers

Tom

Chiketkd
02-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Im pretty amped for this meet. My spring break starts the monday after. So i will be beginning my body work the following day. So excited to be able to hang with some fellow SVXers

Tom
Me too. I'm getting pretty stoked as well. Let's just hope the weather cooperates... :rolleyes: *knock-on-wood*

-Chike

SVXRide
02-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Chike/Tom --
what time will the track be opening?
-Bill

svxfiles
02-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Gate opens at 11:00, racin starts at noon, ends at 5:00.
Manomanthissouthernracingetsinyerbloodyano! MaybeeI'll bring somePBRyano? Yathinktheygotsomewingswhatchaallthinkyano?

Ron Mummert
02-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Gate opens at 11:00, racin starts at noon, ends at 5:00.
Manomanthissouthernracingetsinyerbloodyano! MaybeeI'll bring somePBRyano? Yathinktheygotsomewingswhatchaallthinkyano?

DontforgettheAstieitheryano.

Ron (PBRyumtoo).

Chiketkd
02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Got word earlier today from Rufus that his newly acquired Audi is none other than a bi-turbo 6MT 2000 S4! :cool:

Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Benebob
Hocrest
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (brother with 300ZXTT may come as well!)
Ron Mummert (always shows up to add levity!) ;)
Soobiesvx93 (maybe - details to figure out)
Rufus (with his '00 Audi S4!)

-Chike

svxfiles
02-23-2005, 07:25 AM
GotwordearliertodayfromRufusthathisnewlyacquiredAu diisone otherthanabi-turbo6MT2000S4yano! :cool:
SvxfilesGreeneyedladySVXRideNewsvxChiketkdBenebobH ocrest
MyxalplyxTomssvx(brotherwith300ZXTTmaycomeaswellya no!)
RonMummert(alwaysshowsuptoaddlevityyano!) ;)Soobiesvx93 (maybe-detailstofigureout)Rufus(withhis'00AudiS4!)Seeyall there!

-Chike

Fixed your post:D

SVXRide
02-23-2005, 08:53 AM

Fixed your post:D

Tom,
and just when are you going to come off your "NASCAR High"??:D :p
-Bill

svxfiles
02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
AssoonasIrunouttaPBRandastiyall!:D

Ok, I'll stop.

newsvx
02-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Ok, I'll stop. [/B][/QUOTE]

THANKS!

Harry

benebob
02-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Bad news. Not sure if the SVX racer will be in attendence. She just got her fuel system fixed. No longer leaking enough gas to make Saudia Arabia $1 richer every minute but she's drinking enough oil that it just drips from the exhaust leak under the car.:mad: Not sure what that could be but it probably isn't good. Will do my best to work on it. If not, it looks like everyone will have to loose in a 1/8 mile to the SVX's big brother.:D

TomsSVX
02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
front seals? valve covers? could be those.

TOm

benebob
02-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe I forgot to mention. It seems to be coming from inside the exhaust BUT it seems to have slowed, although I still here a nice gurgling sound in there after the car warms up and is shut down.

TomsSVX
02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
oh i thought u meant it was dripping onto the exhaust. Sorry to hear about that.

Tom

benebob
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
oh i thought u meant it was dripping onto the exhaust. Sorry to hear about that.

Tom

Yeah, :D :D :D Not a real good sign although it seems to have slowed, I guess its possible that it filled up with oil over the year plus it was sitting. The XT does that if it sits a few days. Of course not to this extent. It'll just blow some blue out the tail for a moment or so.

Chiketkd
02-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, :D :D :D Not a real good sign although it seems to have slowed, I guess its possible that it filled up with oil over the year plus it was sitting. The XT does that if it sits a few days. Of course not to this extent. It'll just blow some blue out the tail for a moment or so.
Pull the headers off and see what's up. Hopefully, it's just due to the fact that the car sat for so long...

-Chike

TomsSVX
02-23-2005, 08:29 PM
i hope we see u there anyway.:D :D :D

Tom

Chiketkd
02-24-2005, 10:20 AM
--- Chike Dellimore <chiketkd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for posting your 2005 schedule early!
>
> I'm currently scheduling a drag racing meet for
> Subaru SVX/XT owners on Sunday, March 6th at your
> track (test & tune day). Some members will be coming
> from as far as PA, NJ, NY, WV, VA and southern MD to
> attend.
>
> In looking at the long term weather forecast, it
> looks like both March 5th & 6th will be dry days,
> but the daytime high may only get up to the upper
> 30's or lower 40's. In these conditions, will there
> still be racing? Also, will you open the entire
> track for people to make 1/4 mile passes, or will
> you only allow 1/8 mile runs?
>
> I wouldn't want members to drive over 5 hours only
> to have no racing due to the cold temps, or shorter
> 1/8 mile runs when they would like to run the full
> 1/4 mile.
>
> I look forward to your reply!
>
> Chike Dellimore
> Member of www.subaru-svx.net and www.xt6.net

This was the reply I got today:

--- DRAGWAY1@aol.com wrote:
Need temp to be above freezing, but will prepare the track as any race, Sunshine will help.

-Chike

TomsSVX
02-24-2005, 11:11 AM
as Eric Cartman once said "sweeeeeet!" Way to stay on top of things Chike

Tom

Chiketkd
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
as Eric Cartman once said "sweeeeeet!" Way to stay on top of things Chike

Tom
Thanks. I try... ;)

If the weather does take a turn for the worse though, we could try and re-schedule the meet for the following Sunday (3/13) when they have another test-n-tune.

Here's shooting for the 6th!

-Chike

SVXRide
02-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Speaking from experience, once the air temps get down in the low 30s the "stick" at the starting line goes away big time (the VHT they spray at the line doesn't work....), thus the track's response. They still didn't answer Chike's question re: 1/8 mile vs 1/4 mile....
-Bill

Chiketkd
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Speaking from experience, once the air temps get down in the low 30s the "stick" at the starting line goes away big time (the VHT they spray at the line doesn't work....), thus the track's response. They still didn't answer Chike's question re: 1/8 mile vs 1/4 mile....
-Bill
I know. Closer to the time of the meet I try to give them a call. I'll keep you guys posted.

-Chike

TomsSVX
02-24-2005, 08:04 PM
SNOW SNOW SNOW!!! What the heck, it was 60 degrees last week and now it is 25 and snowing like a maniac?!?!?!?! ah I give up on the weather. Well I hope we will still be good for the meet, I am sorting out my brother's brake issues so we can come out to the track. BTW I am now my brother's mechanic for some ungodly reason.:rolleyes:

Tom

SVXRide
02-24-2005, 08:50 PM
BTW I am now my brother's mechanic for some ungodly reason.:rolleyes:

Tom

maybe because you're good at it?:D :cool:
-Bill

TomsSVX
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
thats asking a lot. I have never in my life taken a single lesson on mechanics or any other related field. I use a home remedy called "Try It Until You Stop F***ing Up." Not found in store but send a measly 35 payments of $299.99 and I can walk you through the process. :D

Tom(Always looking to make money off nothing, Just like half the stuff on ebay)

LarryIII
02-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Chike,

I am trying to convince Rosie that we should go to this meet as a warmup for Reading. I need some ammunition ,so help me out.

How many SVXers will be there?
How many female SVXers will be there?
Chike, can you bring Mrs. Chike so Rosie won't be the only woman in attendance?
Where are the GOOD restaurants in the area?

Hope you guys can help.

Larry (I can almost smell the burnt rubber and oil on the track) III

Chiketkd
02-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Chike,

I am trying to convince Rosie that we should go to this meet as a warmup for Reading. I need some ammunition ,so help me out.

How many SVXers will be there?
How many female SVXers will be there?
Chike, can you bring Mrs. Chike so Rosie won't be the only woman in attendance?

Hope you guys can help.

Larry (I can almost smell the burnt rubber and oil on the track) III
Larry,

I'd love for you and Rosie to make it, and I'll try to answer each of your questions in turn:

1) At last count, I think we were approaching about 10 confirmed and 2-3 *maybes*. There will also be a few additional people coming who aren't members on this forum.

Members that are more or less confirmed:
Svxfiles
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Benebob
Hocrest
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (his brother should be coming as well!)
Ron Mummert
Rufus

Members that are on the fence:
Green_eyed_lady
Soobiesvx93 (details to figure out)

There are a few members who live in the area who may come out at the last minute though - I'm still hoping that John (svxcess) would be able to make it.

2) At this point, only Green_eyed_lady and she's a *maybe*

3) Wish I could, but she'll be in Richmond attending her niece's birthday party.

4) Svxfiles knows the area very well. Last time I was there, we went to a cozy little Mexican restaurant where the beer flowed and the food was excellent! :)

-Chike

benebob
02-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Larry, I think Melis will be in attendance. XT6er that was at Reading last year with Hocrest. I know my wife won't be there as I can't even get her to go to Reading.;) .

Just tell her that she needs to go so she can see the first flight of SubieSVXracing!!!:D

Ron Mummert
02-25-2005, 09:00 AM

Larry (I can almost smell the burnt rubber and oil on the track) III [/B][/QUOTE]

I heartily recommend the Sheetz "Eat here & get gas" establishment. Touch screen technology will assure Rosie of a precisely prepared "Hawg meat on a slab" (pork bar-be-que) sandwich. AND...from the outdoor bistro setting, (curb) you will be able to savor the essence of nearby melting Bridgestones.

Ron. (Sheetz....The place is a steal!).

TomsSVX
02-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Larry III, just tell her she owes me some canolis:D I will not be bringing any females that I know of so I cannot help you there.

Tom

P.S. How do you like the manuals I sent you or have you not installed them yet?

svxfiles
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey, Ron, does Sheetz carry "Box-O-wine"? It's just down the road from the track:)

svxfiles
02-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Larry, I am told that the best restaurant in town is "Nick's Airport Inn"http://www.nicksairportinn.com/main.html
I am also told that their Crab Imperial is fantastic.
The restaurant is about twenty minutes from the track, and easy to find. Tom.:)

svxfiles
02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Ron, I have a link for you as well.:) http://yellowpages.superpages.com/supermaps/mapinit.jsp?N=mason+dixon+dragway&T=hagerstown&S=MD&R=N&STYPE=S&LID=0105188363&map.x=212&map.y=125&level=8&lat=039632695&lng=-077728787&POI1lat=039632695&POI1lng=-077728787&POI1name=Mason-Dixon+Dragway&streetaddress=RR+40&city=Hagerstown&state=MD&zip=21740http://yellowpages.superpages.com/supermaps/mapinit.jsp?N=sheetz&T=hagerstown&S=MD&R=N&STYPE=S&LID=0004971892&map.x=212&map.y=125&level=8&lat=039632695&lng=-077728787&POI1lat=039632695&POI1lng=-077728787&POI1name=Sheetz+Convenience+Stores&streetaddress=Maugans+Avenue+%26+Route+11&city=Hagerstown&state=MD&zip=21740

Chiketkd
02-25-2005, 06:25 PM
...like the following weekend on Sunday, March 13th is going to be a better day for several people and there will also be a smaller chance that the weather will cause the event to be cancelled.

So, I'm thinking it'll be best to re-schedule this meet for Sunday, March 13th.

I'll be sending a PM to everyone that's expressed an interest in attending this meet just to be sure that there's no one who's not aware of the date change. I'll also PM Morhds to have the title of this thread changed to reflect the new date.

-Chike

P.S. I wanted to do this chnage as early as possible to allow those members that need to re-schedule their work, to have time to do this. :)

TomsSVX
02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
thnx, works out for me much better.

Tom

Ron Mummert
02-25-2005, 08:25 PM
So, I'm thinking it'll be best to re-schedule this meet for Sunday, March 13th.

As mentioned to Chike in a PM, regrettably I'll be lounging in the sand on Florida's gulf coast, average March temperature of 75, in the shade of a thong wearing young thang (OK, old thang), over that particular weekend. I'll hoist a box o' margaritas in your collective honor. I'm game for the following weekend, however, in case el nino dumps on the scheduled 13th parade.

Ron (WILL miss Tom's Nasti-Asti).

Chiketkd
02-25-2005, 09:21 PM
...type in the zipcode of 21740 or 21713 at www.weather.com and click on the 10 day forecast - there's now snow predicted for both Saturday and Sunday (5th & 6th).

-Chike

LarryIII
02-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Chike,

March 13th is better for us than Manch 6th.

TomsSVX
02-26-2005, 01:53 PM
now my brother is cool with going too. I think we are gonna make a trip to his g/f's sister's place i maryland on sat night and then travel from there. But it works out better for us to have it that week.

Tom

benebob
02-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Chike,

March 13th is better for us than Manch 6th.

I'm definately out for the 13th if it comes to that. Can't get off work as it is Springfest at Ski Roundtop.:( Hopefully I can get my money back for the trailer if it doesn't turn out to be a weather thing.:confused: Maybe if this is the case I'll change the reading date a week before because I can't make it that day.:mad:

Chiketkd
02-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm definately out for the 13th if it comes to that. Can't get off work as it is Springfest at Ski Roundtop.:( Hopefully I can get my money back for the trailer if it doesn't turn out to be a weather thing.:confused: Maybe if this is the case I'll change the reading date a week before because I can't make it that day.:mad:
Ben,

I'm sorry that you and Dave won't be able to make it on the 13th, but when we saw the weather changing for the worse on the 5th & 6th, I didn't want your drive to Hagerstown to be in vain.

-Chike

benebob
02-26-2005, 06:28 PM

Ben,

I'm sorry that you and Dave won't be able to make it on the 13th, but when we saw the weather changing for the worse on the 5th & 6th, I didn't want your drive to Hagerstown to be in vain.

-Chike

A$$HOLE!!! Now that I'm out $150 a week in advance.

Chiketkd
02-26-2005, 07:25 PM
A$$HOLE!!! Now that I'm out $150 a week in advance.
Ben,

I've had a rough week as well, and I've thrown away alot more than $150. Either way, I'm not going to take my anger out on you and respond to this comment. ;)

You rented a trailer, by all means go down to Hagerstown and race on your weekend off - no one's stopping you and Dave from doing this. I personally didn't want to re-schedule the meet, but was compelled to after several members came to me and expressed concern with the high chance of precipitation for that weekend. As this is a racing meet, people wanted to have the best chance possible to do this.

I have nothing more to say. Goodbye.

-Chike

svxfiles
02-27-2005, 09:40 AM
On 11-21-04 I went to the Mason Dixon Dragway, the day after our rained out G-Tech fun fest.
(The day before, it was raining, but not hard enough to dampen our spirits. )
That day, the temps were low, like 40 something, and they let us run flat out, but, I would guess for liability reasons, they only timed the 1/8 mile?!

With the weather forecast this weekend giving a 30% chance of precipitation, temps with a high of 40f, I have no idea what the Mason Dixon Dragway will do.

If I can, I will try to make both dates, but with ongoing projects, the second meet works better for me.

I am frantically trying to finish my projects, but if I can make it, I would be happy to pit for you, or film your runs.

TomsSVX
02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
getting some video clips on the network of our runs is a prime idea. Pics are alos much appreciated. Looks like my bro will definately go. He is gonna bring along his g/f and her sister also. Well looks like I will be having a good time :D :D

TOm

n00b on demand
02-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok so heres the update....march 12th im going to drop my uncle off at the airport in the city which i hate because i loathe driving in NYC. Anyway Omar called me up and said he wants to go down for this meet on the 13th and he will be taking his car. So I will ask for the weekend off (12th, 13th) and it looks like Omar and myself will be there. I need an adress or something so i can put it in mapquest and see how long of a drive this is going to be and what time we should leave and all that good stuff. Omar thinks its gonna take 3 hours :rolleyes: ....maybe with the way he drives...and i really mean that :D

TomsSVX
02-27-2005, 07:00 PM
the adress is listed in the thread somewhere. it said it would take me 4.5 hrs from LBI which is not far from philly. I think it will list you at least 5hrs but a 4hr trip is probly what u will have. At least now i can go a have some fun in maryland before i go to the meet.;) ;) now that I do not need to drive u anymore. Well happy driving and seee u all there.

Tom

Chiketkd
02-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
I need an adress or something so i can put it in mapquest and see how long of a drive this is going to be and what time we should leave and all that good stuff. Omar thinks its gonna take 3 hours :rolleyes: ....maybe with the way he drives...and i really mean that :D
So you don't have to dig for it, here's the address:

21344 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713

It'll take you right to the dragstrip.

-Chike

n00b on demand
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
At least now i can go a have some fun in maryland before i go to the meet.;) ;) now that I do not need to drive u anymore. Well happy driving and seee u all there.

Tom

Geez man i aint know it was like that!! :rolleyes:

n00b on demand
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM

So you don't have to dig for it, here's the address:

21344 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713

It'll take you right to the dragstrip.

-Chike

Thanks chike that will be great

n00b on demand
02-28-2005, 10:32 AM
wow its only 284 miles from my house. Thats not even what i expected. This is getting better and better....i'll call Omar tonight and let him know. He really wants svxfiles to check out his car to see whats up with it. SVX'ers r nuts man....to drive that far so someone can check out your car because we trust no one else....we rule!!!!...i drove 2 hours to see burgandybeast just so that i can get my new stereo installed :D

TomsSVX
02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
hey no offense man. ;)

Tom

Chiketkd
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (his brother, brother's g/f and g/f's sister are coming as well!)
Rufus
LarryIII (and his wife Rosie)
Soobiesvx93
Bxsvx

-Chike

P.S. I'm sorry to see Benebob and Hocrest not make it. Hope they have an awesome time autoxing their SVX racer this weekend. :)

SSSVX
03-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Chike, this is getting more people and sounds interesting to me. 3/13 is not a bad day, if I do come, I am not going to race but just to spectate. Do you guys have other plans/schedules on this meet? :) Do some of you are going to work on the cars? It's about 150miles from my place............

Chiketkd
03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by SSSVX
Chike, this is getting more people and sounds interesting to me. 3/13 is not a bad day, if I do come, I am not going to race but just to spectate. Do you guys have other plans/schedules on this meet? :) Do some of you are going to work on the cars? It's about 150miles from my place............
Only real plan other than racing is a group lunch/dinner somewhere in town for those people that can stick around.

I know Bxsvx wants Svxfiles to look at his car, but other than that, I don't think anyone will be really working on the cars. It's going to be a great test-n-tune day and fast times should be had by all who race!

Hope to see you there... :)

-Chike

n00b on demand
03-02-2005, 08:55 AM
man i really can't wait for this...im so amped up!!!

n00b on demand
03-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Myxalplyx
Rufus
LarryIII (bring some canoli's!!!)
Soobiesvx93
Bxsvx

fixed your post for Larry :D :D :D

TomsSVX
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Myxalplyx
Rufus
Soobiesvx93
Bxsvx

-Chike

P.S. I'm sorry to see Benebob and Hocrest not make it. Hope they have an awesome time autoxing their SVX racer this weekend. :)

Also add a friend of mine that will be going as well as long as the weather says yes. Anyway i need to find a hotel around there so we can crash out and maybe party(slight possibility;) ) anyway anyone with some info on a good place thats not too expensive let me know. BTW anyone who feels like joining let me know.

Tom

svxfiles
03-02-2005, 10:02 AM

Also add a friend of mine that will be going as well as long as the weather says yes. Anyway i need to find a hotel around there so we can crash out and maybe party(slight possibility;) ) anyway anyone with some info on a good place thats not too expensive let me know. BTW anyone who feels like joining let me know.

Tom
Here's a link.:) http://www.masondixondragway.com/Hotels.htm

Super 8 is $50.00+tax for a two double bed room with no limit on occupancy. No bar or pool, 10 miles away.

Venice Inn has two double beds for $60.00 plus tax, $65.00 for a single king. No pool, no lounge.

Days Inn is $52.00 plus tax for two double beds, Max of two people.

Quality Inn has two double beds for $59.00 plus tax. No bar or pool.

Clarion Inn has both an indoor pool, and a bar. It's $???
Twice now I've called and been put on hold:mad:

green_eyed_lady
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM

Clarion Inn has both an indoor pool, and a bar. It's $???
Twice now I've called and been put on hold :mad:
For those of us who know how to use search engines......
Clarion Inn (Dual Highways, Hagerstown) rates are:

StandardDOUBLE
$85.50(USD) Total
(incl. $12.50 taxes/fees)

StandardTRIPLE
$97.50(USD) Total
(incl. $13.50 taxes/fees)

StandardQUAD
$111.50(USD) Total
(incl. $14.50 taxes/fees)

Probably a little much for just a place to crash :) .

svxfiles
03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by green_eyed_lady

For those of us who know how to use search engines......

Mmm, Fire, GOOD! Mmm, Change, BAD!

Trog LIKE pretty Lady, MMMmmm!

SVXRide
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Oooooo, Diana dishing a little "how to use the computer" smack on Tom!:eek: :eek: :D
-Bill

Chiketkd
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Oooooo, Diana dishing a little "how to use the computer" smack on Tom!:eek: :eek: :D
-Bill
:D :D :D

-Chike

Chiketkd
03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Rufus unfortunately can't make it on the 13th...

Svxfiles
Green_eyed_lady
SVXRide
Newsvx
Chiketkd
Myxalplyx
Tomssvx (friend, brother, brother's g/f and g/f's sister are coming as well!)
Soobiesvx93
Bxsvx
SSSVX (maybe)

-Chike

SVXRide
03-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Looks like I might be out unless I can figure out a way to get my youngest daughter's birthday party moved....
-Bill

svxfiles
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
The wheather for the thirteenth says 40f high, 28f low, and a 10% chance, of me SMOKING ALL FOUR!:Dhttp://www.masondixondragway.com/2005%20Schedule.htm

This is the schedule link, there is another test and tune on the 20th.:)

benebob
03-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Such a beautiful day here today! Was 37 when I left the house this morning. High was lower 50s. Made for a great day of skiing in a t-shirt.

Chiketkd
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Such a beautiful day here today! Was 37 when I left the house this morning. High was lower 50s. Made for a great day of skiing in a t-shirt.
Too bad your Auto-X meet was cancelled due to snow... ;)

http://xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3810

-Chike

P.S. Seriously Ben, I apologized to you and Dave over on the XT6 network - see Huck's sticky. It's time to give it a rest!

n00b on demand
03-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Chike I understand where your coming from. I took off from work on the 6th for the meet but i came into work anyway because it got rescheduled..no big deal. I wouldnt wanna travel 6 hours to maryland only to find out it was closed...then maybe get stuck over there and not be able to come back. Chike's right....time to give it a rest.

benebob
03-07-2005, 06:07 AM

Too bad your Auto-X meet was cancelled due to snow... ;)

http://xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3810

-Chike

P.S. Seriously Ben, I apologized to you and Dave over on the XT6 network - see Huck's sticky. It's time to give it a rest!

Snow on the ground in a lot that is shaded and isn't plowed. They gave it every chance but it didn't get up above 35 all week until Saturday.

Besides, I'm just saying how BEAUTIFUL of a day it was yesterday;) and by the way that is exactly what they were calling for from Tuesday on..

LarryIII
03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Chike,

Weather this weekend is forcast to be rain and snow showers. If the weather is that rotten, we will not come.

Friday aftrernoon we are going to the Phila. Flower Show (oldest & biggest in the country). Subaru is a sponsor. We are going to wear our SVX shirts and Subaru SVX ball caps. The should shake up the cute models on the 2005 Subie cars.

svxfiles
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Yesterday in Cumberland, an hour West of Hagerstown, it was 67f, a perfect beautiful day. :)
It's now 21f, cold, windy and we have 1 to 5" of snow predicted! :confused:

Did I mention that I hate winter?!

TomsSVX
03-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I am also sorry to say that if the weather do not cooperate we will also not be going. Depends what the forcast says on friday as we are leaving on saturday if all is well. Please keep us updated on the conditions.

Tom

Chiketkd
03-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I am also sorry to say that if the weather do not cooperate we will also not be going. Depends what the forcast says on friday as we are leaving on saturday if all is well. Please keep us updated on the conditions.

Tom
Makes good sense Tom. :)

There was no racing last weekend in Hagerstown, and it doesn't look like there'll be any this coming weekend either due to the forecasted snow...

There's another test-n-tune on 3/20. Not sure if we should shoot for that date instead, or just scrap this entire drag meet idea. Benebob has really soured my feelings towards scheduling/attending any more SVX meets in the future... :rolleyes:

I was on the fence about Reading before - I definitely won't be attending now.

-Chike

svxfiles
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM

There was no racing last weekend in Hagerstown, and it doesn't look like there'll be any this coming weekend either due to the forecasted snow...

There's another test-n-tune on 3/20. Not sure if we should shoot for that date instead, or just scrap this entire drag meet idea. Benebob has really soured my feelings towards scheduling/attending any more SVX meets in the future... :rolleyes:

-Chike
Chi ke, THAT just stinks! Reading is a GREAT time!
Dude, Reading is a month away.
Who knows, maybe you will get the apology you deserve.
You can not control the weather, you did what you thought best.
Heck I am only an hour away, and don't want to go there to get turned away, like last time. Tom.

n00b on demand
03-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Chike you shouldn't skip reading because of this. Ive never been to reading but i know meeting with SVX people is a great time. Theres no one else in the world except us that share the love for the SVX. It should be great to meet with 80 or more people who share that same love for the car. I probably won't be going but if you have the opportunity then you should go.

benebob
03-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Benebob has really soured my feelings towards scheduling/attending any more SVX meets in the future... :rolleyes:

-Chike

Maybe it is time to develop a thicker skin as I was/am a lot nicer about the situation than many would be. I was/am just irritated by the way the cancellation was handled without thought to those who had already committed to go out of concern for those who were interested to go. Like I've stated had you waited until a firm weather report had come out or until Wednesday or Thursday I wouldn't have cared a bit afterall it is winter and weather changes daily or had you posted the weather and asked for everyone's input. I'm more than understanding but to say simply because of the weather forcast 8 days ahead and since a few individuals had conflicts (just look at how many had conflicts with the 13th).

If you're soured simply chalk it up to a learning experience. As a planner for Reading can you imagine what we've had to deal with over the past 3 years? You need to learn to take the good with the bad. Simply by crawling up like a turtle doesn't help. Am I mad at you? Not at all but I will voice my opinion when needed as I understand if you don't than people will never understand their errors for the future. Will I treat you differently at Reading than anybody else? Of course not, I'm too nice of a guy to do something like that. Point is, it is nobody elses loss but your own if you decide that you're not going to Reading because of one person. If that was the case for everybody there probably wouldn't be Reading meet with more than one participant.

green_eyed_lady
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Maybe it is time to develop a thicker skin...
Not EXACTLY an apology...............

benebob
03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Not EXACTLY an apology...............

Why would I apologize for something that I didn't do wrong in the first place? Maybe I'd feel differently had it not been for the pm response I've received commending my efforts to remain civil but also to get the point across. I simply don't feel that Chike needs to feel like he isn't welcome at Reading (which in my book he is more than welcome) nor do I think he should be jaded regarding setting up any future meet that he so desires. Hopefully this will help him to better understand the need to be straight with everyone and cancel/reschedule based soley on need rather than desire and my guess is the next time he schedules something he will take everyone into account before changing plans.

TomsSVX
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
he did take everyone into consideration. As we know, the racing was cancelled. I would have been seriously PO'd if I drove from east Jersey to this track to find out there was nothing happening. I do believe an apology is in order for him as he went out of his way to set this up in the first place. It stinks that you needed to rent a trailer for your car for no reason but there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. the meet was cancelled so all of us planning a 2 day trip could make arraingements for the next week or cancel all together. Chike did what he should have done, no questions asked. You seem to be the only one who is sore about this whole fiasco.

Chike I hoe to see you at reading because I will probobly not be attending the meet on the 20th. It sucks that we can't go but I am no longer concerned about getting rooms at a hotel or anything like that. Please tak this to heart and come along to reading, good times will be had by all.

I cannot believe I am getting involved in this as it is not in my natyre to poke and prod in other's business. Please no one take offense to what I have written but from the outsider's prospective this is what I see.

Tom

benebob
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
You seem to be the only one who is sore about this whole fiasco.

Tom

Correction, the only on that has the only one who has posted about it. As I stated and will state again. You cannot cancel something based on a weather report 8 days out because it is as accurate as using a shotgun for target practice. My apology is simply telling Chike that I harbor nothing against him and hope him success in his meet and that he should take this into advisement for the future. Yes it was cancelled but that was never my point. I fully expected it to be cancelled as your typical drag racer won't venture out in sub 50 degree temps as it isn't good on drag radials.

n00b on demand
03-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Well if the meet is still on for the 13th which i dont think it is...i wont be able to make it i think because i have 2 midterms on monday and i might have to work sunday to make some extra cash. IF anything is up let me know....

svxfiles
03-11-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.weather.com/activities/health/allergies/weather/tenday.html?locid=21740

Once again, the weather is not good for this weekend. :confused: .
There is another test and tune on the 19th and 20th,(the 20th, thats my son, Daves 16th birthday!!!) the next one at Hagerstown is not till April 29th.
I would love to have this meet. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Tom.

LarryIII
03-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Fri. night & Sat. look rotten. However Sun. seems OK. I will wait and see also. Rosie does not want to go, so If I come, it will be alone.

Chiketkd
03-11-2005, 07:35 PM
...the meet is cancelled for this weekend. If the weather is icy/snowy on Saturday, the drag strip won't open Sunday with day time high of just 37*.

Might be better to shoot for the 20th. Either way, I won't be able to attend. Tom (svxfiles) is in charge of the drag meet from this point on. ;)

-Chike

Amazonparrot
03-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Point is, it is nobody elses loss but your own if you decide that you're not going to Reading because of one person.

Correction...Chike, it's my loss if you don't come, I was hoping to have a local friend come up with me, and possibly share the cost of a room, I'm not sure that i want to make the journey in my rickety car by myself :( C'mon man, we'd have each other :p

TomsSVX
03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
aw thats so cute :D :D :D ..

Anyway Benebob I understand where you are comming from and your response is respectable. As long as everyone who is listening knows, no one has any resentment towards the other members, there was a problem with weather and Chike made the move that he saw fit. It was his meet and he made the call. Anyway it is good to hear that there is no rivalry here as it is the last thing we need as there are so few of us aready.

Tom

Myxalplyx
03-12-2005, 05:30 PM
So, does this mean the meet for tomorrow is cancelled? I need to decide whether to go to the Frackville autox or this drag meet.

svxfiles
03-12-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.weather.com/activities/recreation/outdoors/weather/tenday.html?locid=21740

Sorry, the weather seems to stink, lately. :mad:

I am hoping for a good 20th, but , hey, it's winter. So who knows.

If and when this event takes place, it will be stellar!

Into each life, a little rain must fall.

OK, I'll shut up now.

Myxalplyx
03-12-2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.weather.com/activities/recreation/outdoors/weather/tenday.html?locid=21740

Sorry, the weather seems to stink, lately. :mad:

I am hoping for a goog 20th, but , hey, it's winter. So who knows.

I just clicked that link. Snow is expected early and then it's supposed to clear by 9p.m. Right now it's 7:40p.m. and no snow.

I just needed to know because I may be attending an autox event. I miss going to events and would like to come out to one tomorrow. Thanks!

svxfiles
03-12-2005, 05:48 PM
If you go, call me. 301-707-3437, and I'll be there. It will take me one hour.

Even if the track is closed we can have a mini meet. :cool:

But , much better if the track is open. :D

LarryIII
03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Did anybody show up at the track, yesterday?

newsvx
03-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Larry,
No, it was canceled - and the track was closed anyway.

Harry

svxfiles
03-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Today, in Hagerstown, it will get up to 53f, with a 20% chance of rain. But I'm working untill 2:00, and then Dave has 10-15 friends coming over at 3:00, for his Birthday party/sleepover. :eek:
Tomorrow has the same high, but with a 50% chance of rain.

Maybe we can try again after Reading. :) Tom.

Chiketkd
03-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Today, in Hagerstown, it will get up to 53f, with a 20% chance of rain. But I'm working untill 2:00, and then Dave has 10-15 friends coming over at 3:00, for his Birthday party/sleepover. :eek:
Tomorrow has the same high, but with a 50% chance of rain.

Maybe we can try again after Reading. :) Tom.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Tom and I will keep everyone posted. We'll try to re-schedule another drag meet for sometime in May...

...and I'll be in attendance. :)

-Chike

svxfiles
03-19-2005, 05:31 PM
...and I'll be in attendance. :)

-Chike

Total bummer, Dude. :( I'll be in Hagerstown.

:rolleyes:

Chiketkd
03-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Total bummer, Dude. :( I'll be in Hagerstown.

:rolleyes:
Now that's just silly! ;) :p

-Chike

P.S. I got it! ;)

SVXRide
03-19-2005, 10:01 PM
funny, I thought you'd be in WVA :rolleyes:
-Bill (yeah, I got it too... ;) )