PDA

View Full Version : Smallcar's kit, heads and corners

SilverSpear
01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Guys I received today the headlights and corners from smallcar. I also received two silicone tubes and two O rings. I noticed that I will have to cut my original headlights and corners just to fit them....I didn't receive any instructions with them, ... any help? anybody with previous experience?

Seraph
01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SilverSpear
Guys I received today the headlights and corners from smallcar. I also received two silicone tubes and two O rings. I noticed that I will have to cut my original headlights and corners just to fit them....I didn't receive any instructions with them, ... any help? anybody with previous experience?

I'd personally remove the headlights by baking them. (look for my instructions on how to clean headlights).

Then cut them and install them. Otherwise, you get so much crap in your lights while cutting it's a pain to clean.

I now have 3 sets of clears I can sell (in like 2 days).

justiceSVX
01-08-2005, 01:12 PM
dude, the instructions are on the website, right on the same page you ordered them from. they also clearly state that you have to do all that yourself.

http://www.smallcar.com/svx/hlk.htm
http://www.smallcar.com/svx/corners.htm

n00b on demand
01-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Seraph please let me know how much you want for the clears. If the price is right i will be interested as my passenger side headlights keep yellowing after 2 days of cleaning.

ensteele
01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by justiceSVX
dude, the instructions are on the website, right on the same page you ordered them from. they also clearly state that you have to do all that yourself.

http://www.smallcar.com/svx/hlk.htm
http://www.smallcar.com/svx/corners.htm

Dude - he may have purchased them from ebay. :(

You know what happens when you ASS U ME something - right! :)

justiceSVX
01-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ensteele

Oh, didn't think of that. Well, anyway, I gave him the links.. wasn't trying to be ajerk or anything.

Seraph
01-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Seraph please let me know how much you want for the clears. If the price is right i will be interested as my passenger side headlights keep yellowing after 2 days of cleaning.

PM me. It depends on all the front, just the headlights or if you are going to send back the core.

L

SilverSpear
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM

mmm what are you saying? what about ebay?
guys i also realized I have to cut my original front lenses... yes CUT !! does it seem right? anyone did it?
it's not like baking the headlights to take out the whole front assembly, but rather take it out, clean the headlight inside, cut the front lens and glue the smallcar replacement...

Rotorflyr
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Danny,
Yeah they have to be cut. (did you check out the link for instructions??)

SilverSpear
01-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Rotorflyr
Danny,
Yeah they have to be cut. (did you check out the link for instructions??)

not until now... Will they hold in your opinion? have anyone installed them?

Seraph
01-10-2005, 12:58 AM

not until now... Will they hold in your opinion? have anyone installed them?

Yes.

They look good. But you do have to cut them. Like I said before, open the headlights first (bake them), then cut the OEM clear part then glue the other one back on. It'll look a lot nicer. Trust me. I've taken apart every piece of light on the SVX and I have 2 extra sets so I can afford to screw up. You do not want to screw up.

Seraph
01-10-2005, 12:59 AM

it's not like baking the headlights to take out the whole front assembly, but rather take it out, clean the headlight inside,

GOOD LUCK.

SilverSpear
01-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Seraph

and I have 2 extra sets

Are you interested in selling me a set (one right and one left headlight) ? PM me if yes with the price....

Seraph
01-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Sure I'll sell you a set.

Do you want it finished or unfinished?

Here's how to clean your headlights (bake and remove your headlights BTW)

http://www.stars-gazer.com/~svx/faq/headlights_cleaning/index.html

SilverSpear
01-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Seraph
Sure I'll sell you a set.

Do you want it finished or unfinished?

Here's how to clean your headlights (bake and remove your headlights BTW)

http://www.stars-gazer.com/~svx/faq/headlights_cleaning/index.html

I don't want the conversion set, but rather the stock ones. I wanna keep them aside just in case....

Rotorflyr
01-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Danny,
If Lwin doesn't have them check E-bay if your looking for stock headlights, I believe there is a set on there now

SilverSpear
01-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Flyer
I always keep track of things sold on ebay, but the problem is that the problem lies with shipping costs, payment method and customs over here.
for shipping, when sellers know that I live in Lebanon, they start boosting shipping up. for example for $180 for the four rotors, they are asking $354 for shipping when i got them from an ebayer 2 years ago for $45 as shipping.
for payment method, the only way i can pay is through my Visa card. Lebanon is not listed on Paypal. I tried Bidpay, but the transaction always failed...
and for customs over here, they charge 30% of the invoice bill.

the only seller I managed to do business with is smallcar. the guy Rob is very nice to charge me around $14 for shipping the clear heads and corners, process my Debit Visa, and took care of my bill for customs over here.

will buy all what I need from him. If I can find a similar seller, i will do business with...

Rotorflyr
01-11-2005, 03:38 AM
I kinda figured shipping might be a little pricey, and didn't realize that Lebanon wasn't listed on Paypal......Have you tried dealing with Dayle (motorsports warehouse)?

SilverSpear
01-11-2005, 03:50 AM
I asked dayle for the reverse gauges, he charged me 60$ for them without shipping.... i made some calculations, and ended up with $100+ (price + shipping + customs...) you judge on that.
Unlike Smallcar, his shipping quotes are high to Lebanon..

Seraph
01-11-2005, 09:37 AM
The lights are heavy. Let me see what the shipping will be. Since I am going to loose my core, I'll have to charge a little more on the core.... How about 120+shipping? I am going to check with UPS later tonight when I get back from work.

SilverSpear
01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
PM'ed you, by UPS don't think about it... try USPS

Seraph
01-12-2005, 09:36 AM
ok

SilverSpear
01-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Seraph, is it just me or i see that the Smallcar corners don't exactly fit?? the edges are not bend enough to fit... Anyone?

ensteele
01-15-2005, 11:03 AM
You've said it all when you say "Smallcar"!!!:(

Seraph
01-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Seraph, is it just me or i see that the Smallcar corners don't exactly fit?? the edges are not bend enough to fit... Anyone?

Yes they don't fully fit sort of like OEM. but they do fit enough to look ok after it is done. I am seriousely looking into redoing the corners my way. The headlights are fine.

SilverSpear
01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
You've said it all when you say "Smallcar"!!!:(

Are the Guys so bad?

Speedklix
01-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I save money at customs by stating that it is a gift.

SilverSpear
01-17-2005, 03:11 AM
If things arrive at the airport with a label "GIFT" they open the package, re evaluate the item and tax it accordingly...

:D :D :D

customs over here are not that stupid !!!