PDA

View Full Version : personal file db thingy

sith
04-12-2001, 01:28 AM
So, the personal file database thing (my version of the Y@hoo briefcase) is done, I need some people to help me test it before I put it live. If you're willing to help me out (basically I just need you to see if you can break it), jump on the irc channel at like 5pm CDT tomorrow. I should be there, otherwise jump and scream till i respond. I only need one or two people really, just want to see if theres a bug I'm missing, or if its user friendly enough.

Features currently present:
[list=1]
authentication linked to the forums, so if you're logged in in the forum you can have a briefcase
support for any type of file - images, documents, whatever (image files are automagically thumbnailed)
ability to create folders within folders within folders (and so on to infinity or the end of disk space) and files within those folders
easy (I think) interface for adding and deleting
[/list=1]

If you can think of more features that would be helpful, I'd gladly add them.

When it goes live (need to figure out exactly how to do this, chris?), you'll have a link within your profile page to your briefcase. Theres also a central interface that lists all the users who have active briefcases and such.

Anyways, hopefully I'll see a couple of you tomorrow. Later - Sith