PDA

View Full Version : wiring diagram

97LSi004
01-01-2005, 10:08 PM
i know wiring diagrams have been posted in the past, but i can't seem to find one for a 1997 svx.. i'm installing an aftermarket alarm with remote start.. i've read a few threads on the topic, i want to know the ignition switch wires, all black with certain stripes.. any help is appreciated.

rmjjensen
01-02-2005, 08:07 AM
the svx is cake:

12volts - black/yellow (+ ignition harness)
Starter - black/white (+ ignition harness)
Ignition - red (+ ignition harness)
Accessory - red/yellow (+ ignition harness)
Power Lock - orange (- center console switch)
Power Unlock - orange/green (- center console switch)
Parking Lights+ - red/white (headlight switch)
Door Trigger - white/red (- underdash light)
Trunk/Hatch Pin - yellow/blue (- light in trunk)
Tachometer - yellow (ECM)
Brake Wire - white/red (+ brake pedal switch)
Horn Trigger - green/black (- steering column)

When I did mine the ignition wires disconnect at a connector. From the connector back are the color listed above. From the connector up to the steering column they are different. So be sure to take note of the color changes at the connector. There's only 4 wires so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Also for parking lights it can be found at the fuse box, or even at that little "P" parking light switch on the dash - nice and easy.

Good luck.

97LSi004
01-02-2005, 09:20 AM
ok, so i'm almost finished, my unit has two wires for parking lights, one for the red/white connector you mentioned (the instructions say "Parking Light Relay Output"), another for the "Parking Light Relay Input", and as i can see we have switched ground parking light circuit on svx, is that correct?
in that case it tells me to connect it to ground

97LSi004
01-02-2005, 09:21 AM
never mind, i realize what i am doing wrong now.. thanks for the help rmjjenson

rmjjensen
01-02-2005, 09:24 AM
yeah guess u figured it on - give the relay input +12V ........so which audiovox/prestige unit did u get?