PDA

View Full Version : caliper info to compliment upgraded brake thread?

SVX10
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd like to get some input on rebuilt/aftermarket calipers. I need to get new ones all the way around...mine all have torn boots around the pistons. I'd be interested in doing a rebuild if not too difficult, but I don't really want to waste a ton of time on it.

I already purchsed re-manufactured ones from Auto-Zone (I think they were Fenco), and they SUCKED! First off they sent me two driver's side calipers even though the boxes were marked with different part numbers, and then the one that i did install would not realease. Collin was there...it was not pretty. It was as though they powder coated the entire assembly, including the slider pin, so it could not move at all. The pistons would not retract either.

So, anybody know where I can get a set of used ones that are in good condition, where I can get a set of rebuilt ones that don't suck, or any other options? I'm gonna get slotted rotors and new pads (per discussion in upgraded brakes thread), but there's not much on calipers in there. TIA

-Mat

Beav
12-26-2004, 08:00 PM
When you buy from the 'A' place you pay less and you get less. Try NAPA, their calipers are quality remans. Or just do them yourself, if you can find kits. Kits are becoming more difficult to come by since everyone started supplying remans a few years ago.

AFBeefcake
12-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I got a set that I was planing on rebulting and powed coating. The first set I did came out great. I got to find the time to start sand blasting the parts.

I think it took me about 2 hours to reasemble the all four calipers with the rebuld kits.

AFBeefcake
12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
I started the sand blasting today. So if you or any one is intrested let me know.