PDA

View Full Version : Lambo Kit for $60 ????? believable???

SilverSpear
12-23-2004, 04:53 AM
Guys I have been contacting LamboDoors for a kit for the SVX, they replied me but couldn't believe my eyes !!!! the price!!!
this is our conversation:

Danny: I would like to know how much it costs the lambo doors on the SVX, do you have any pics?

Thank you in advance
Danny Eid

Lambo Doors: Hi Danny,

Lambo Doors can be applied to the Subaru SVX. Price of our kit is $59.99US including shipping. You can order it here:
http://www.lambodoors.com/order.html

-LamboDoors.com

That's nuts !!!! let's make a group buy !!!! I want it, I want it, I want it................................................ .I will buy it !!!

huck369
12-23-2004, 05:19 AM
That is only instructions on how to do it,.... it does NOT come with any hardware.....you could probably find the instructions on-line for free, if you looked hard enough....

Just my thoughts on it....

SilverSpear
12-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by huck369
That is only instructions on how to do it,.... it does NOT come with any hardware.....you could probably find the instructions on-line for free, if you looked hard enough....

Just my thoughts on it....

they said I can purchase the kit..... not instructions, are you sure???

SilverSpear
12-23-2004, 06:57 AM
mmm, you are right. I checked again... man !! I feel stupid !:eek:

mohrds
12-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by SilverSpear
I feel stupid !:eek:

Welcome to my life :D

thundering02
12-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Get pics of this "kit" I may be in for a group buy if its good enough(quality)

SilverSpear
12-24-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by thundering02
Get pics of this "kit" I may be in for a group buy if its good enough(quality)

I will do it over here, I just need accurate measurements of it
it won't cost much over here
just need the freakin dimensions. I contacted joe2rule for dimensions, still didn't reply yet...

godspeed94
12-24-2004, 04:23 PM
count me in if it happens...... Silverspear if you make em, I'll buy em...........................Happy Holidays

thundering02
12-25-2004, 01:43 AM
<<<< I contacted joe2rule for dimensions, still didn't reply yet...>>>>> Not so ure he exists anymore

<<<<count me in if it happens...... Silverspear if you make em, I'll buy em...........................Happy Holidays>>>
If you can keep them say under 200 I am pretty much a gaurantee unless my trans goes out shortly before the release (it already slippin slightly)

justiceSVX
12-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I might be mistaken, but isn't the problem the sheer weight of the SVX's doors? It can be done, but they're goign to be VERY heavy...ala guilletine if they come down on your hand.

Seraph
12-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I have the instructions. You need HEAVY modification to the SVX to have it fitted. I also know of the sources who carry the hinges and the air lifts. You are looking at around :) 1000 USD for a good unit.

Seraph
12-25-2004, 09:02 PM
If you want to make them, I'd put the ISO of the instruction online for you to download. Make sure the freeking doors stay up and you got an order.

NapaBavarian
12-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Be smart- buy it for $60 and sell copies for $10 :)

SilverSpear
12-26-2004, 11:31 PM
<<<< I contacted joe2rule for dimensions, still didn't reply yet...>>>>> Not so ure he exists anymore

<<<<count me in if it happens...... Silverspear if you make em, I'll buy em...........................Happy Holidays>>>
If you can keep them say under 200 I am pretty much a gaurantee unless my trans goes out shortly before the release (it already slippin slightly)

I am planning to do them with double shocks for each door...

SilverSpear
12-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Seraph
If you want to make them, I'd put the ISO of the instruction online for you to download. Make sure the freeking doors stay up and you got an order.

SERAPH !! if you go the dimensions for the SVX and the instructions, send them to me or put them online !!! I can do it, but as you know I need to dimantle the SVX door to make them, I won't be driving my car for a few days but if you got what I need, I can manufacture them and plug them it in no more than an hour...

godspeed94
12-27-2004, 06:16 AM
You can also use the shocks that are weighted at 100lbs. It should be enough to make the door move easily. I think that is what they use with the doors for the SUV. Also see If you can build them so the open as close to 90deg as possible. SWEEEET!

SilverSpear
12-27-2004, 06:32 AM
What keep me motivated in life is the one thing know as "nothing is impossible". though this belief I managed to make the kit you see in my locker... also when I say I can do the Lambos, it means I can do the Lambos !!! it is even easier than fiberglass...

godspeed94
12-27-2004, 06:47 AM
I have nothing but faith in you that it will get done. Looked at the pics in your locker. Can You make me a front bumper like that of the skyline in the pics, also your rear bumper? Pm me if it can bedone and how much you'll need from me............

SilverSpear
12-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by godspeed94
I have nothing but faith in you that it will get done. Looked at the pics in your locker. Can You make me a front bumper like that of the skyline in the pics, also your rear bumper? Pm me if it can bedone and how much you'll need from me............

PM'ed you

deruvian
12-28-2004, 12:54 AM
In your other thread you stated that you could get them done for $250... And, to be totally honest, if you can do it and sell it for approximately that price, I will definitely purchase a kit.

Shall we start a list of potential buyers?

1. SilverSpear
2. deruvian

I think that this will be much more difficult and trying than most other cars, but good luck. If you can get it done, I'm down. I'm still about 50% skeptical, though... Which, in my experience, is just enough confidence to try anything once. :D

(I will also be tempted to fly over to Lebanon and personally make you a sandwich).

SilverSpear
12-28-2004, 01:04 AM
guys one thing, labor is cheap over Lebanon, and we have a place over here where they manufacture anything you want... the mechanism is not what worries me but rather finding the struts (I still need to search for it) I will also be installing two struts rather than one ... but still waiting for the measurements... Seraph help !!

thundering02
12-28-2004, 01:30 AM
1. SilverSpear
2. deruvian
3. Thundering02

I'm more than willing to get in on this group buy.

godspeed94
12-28-2004, 06:52 AM
1.Silverspear
2.Deruvian
3.Thundering02
4.Godspeed94

Count me in!

SilverSpear
12-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by godspeed94
1.Silverspear
2.Deruvian
3.Thundering02
4.Godspeed94

Count me in!

LOOOOOOOOOOL, all of you guys wanna buy the kit !!! but I still didn't get any measurements, or tried it on my car !!!! if you want that kit, help me out with what I need just to help you with what you need !!!!!!!!!!!!!L:D :D :D L

deruvian
12-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Measurements of what?

thundering02
12-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Door, fender clearance, posible door swing, door weight, possible door movement.

thundering02
12-28-2004, 05:03 PM
oh and mounting points and their location.

deruvian
12-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Door, fender clearance, posible door swing, door weight, possible door movement.

oh and mounting points and their location

Couldn't he measure most of these things on his own?

Also, SilverSpear, I have noticed in the past that it is easier and more effective to PM Lwin (Seraph).

SilverSpear
12-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by deruvian

Couldn't he measure most of these things on his own?

Also, SilverSpear, I have noticed in the past that it is easier and more effective to PM Lwin (Seraph).

I have already PM's Seraph (2 days ago) to send me the measurements as he have stated, but still he didn't yet....
I don't wanna go though it until "I see a road ahead" in this issue... if not, I will have to walk blind, make a lot of mistakes and probablyend up with a doorless SVX !!! just Joking !!! no really I wanna do it right...

Does anybody seeing Seraph online in these couple of days??

deruvian
12-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Whenever I've tried to ask Seraph a question, either by asking in the forum or sending him a PM, I usually have to wait a few days to hear back from him. Be patient. He's just a busy guy I suppose, but he'll get around to you eventually I'm sure.

Have you tried sending a PM or email to njboys808? He was the original scissor door guy. Last I heard, he had his SVX up for sale, but he might still have some measurements, etc. Since he probably doesn't use these forums anymore, I would send him an email.

SilverSpear
12-29-2004, 01:21 AM
his last post was like 8 months ago, he has no available email adress and I have already PM'ed him like 2 weeks ago with no reply... any idea who bought the lambo kit from him?

deruvian
12-29-2004, 01:50 AM
It's a long shot, but you can always ask an admin for his email address... Tell the admin that the ability to contact him is in the best interest of the network? lol... ;)

SilverSpear
12-29-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by deruvian
It's a long shot, but you can always ask an admin for his email address... Tell the admin that the ability to contact him is in the best interest of the network? lol... ;)

Ok, I will do it....:D

joe2rule
01-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Guys,

I apologize for not replying sooner but very busy at work.

First, let me say that lambo doors on the SVX have been done (not perfectly) but notheless done!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/joe2rule/21782.jpg

This image was my inspiration! A couple of points:

1) My car will look like this by the end of the year ;-) but better!
2) The doors weigh closer to 200lbs
3) The require 300ft pd dual struts to easy lift and maintain a 90 degree angle and lift.
4) The best kit is sold in CA (the only one I would ever recommend) for $1000.
5) Proper installation (in the US) should cost $1000-1500, depending on where you are and who is doing it. The price is high because of the steel safty beams that go through the doors for structural integrity (more work to dismantle and install than a civic)

Side note - the company that you can buy the kit from will also recommend an installer if one is available in your area.

6) the lambo car kit in this picture was purchased and installed for $2000 (not the CA company) and the doors issues staying up and closing properly. So be careful, all lambo kits are not alike and more importantly- you get what you pay for!

Good luck and if I can help you in any way, PM me.

JT

SilverSpear
01-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by joe2rule
Guys,

I apologize for not replying sooner but very busy at work.

First, let me say that lambo doors on the SVX have been done (not perfectly) but notheless done!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/joe2rule/21782.jpg

This image was my inspiration! A couple of points:

1) My car will look like this by the end of the year ;-) but better!
2) The doors weigh closer to 200lbs
3) The require 300ft pd dual struts to easy lift and maintain a 90 degree angle and lift.
4) The best kit is sold in CA (the only one I would ever recommend) for $1000.
5) Proper installation (in the US) should cost $1000-1500, depending on where you are and who is doing it. The price is high because of the steel safty beams that go through the doors for structural integrity (more work to dismantle and install than a civic)

Side note - the company that you can buy the kit from will also recommend an installer if one is available in your area.

6) the lambo car kit in this picture was purchased and installed for $2000 (not the CA company) and the doors issues staying up and closing properly. So be careful, all lambo kits are not alike and more importantly- you get what you pay for!

Good luck and if I can help you in any way, PM me.

JT

PM'ed you, of course ...

Seraph
01-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Sorry been busy. I'll ISO the CD later tonight.

joe2rule
01-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Spear,

Unfortunately, I could not find the measurements but I found the company in CA that has the lambo kits that work with SVXs. I am sure if you ask them for the specifications (without telling them that you are developing a similar kit) they will give you the specs and whatever else you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944911343&category=36475

good luck and keep us posted.

Joe

SilverSpear
01-08-2005, 12:53 PM

PLEASE SOMEBODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEASUREMENTS, DIMENSIONS, ANYTHING...................
PM ME, PUT IN ON THE NETWORK.....................

svxcess
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Here is a close-up photo of the Diablo vertical door hinge from Chaser Aerodynamics, with the two gas-filled struts providing 300 pounds of lifting force.

http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/OSkit1_bg.jpg

SilverSpear
01-10-2005, 12:25 AM

???