PDA

View Full Version : Sign up: Dyno Meet in Wuakesha WI early Jan.

Phast SVX
12-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Hey all,
Well there is now offically an AWD Mustang dyno in South eastern WI, JC automotive in wuakesha. Im planning on going there in early Jan and need to see if someone else will come get a dyno wth me becuase mustang dynos are known for their low power readings, so the more SVX's we have the more we can compare our poweroutputs so im proposing we have a meet their(obviously even if you dont want to take runs ;) ) They are charging 3 runs for 80 bux with AF, so kinda hard to pass up anyways! have been reading about people who have gone there from nasioc and the evo forums and besides coming back with consistantly low numbers they say the people that work their are absolutely great, in it for the love. So im going to start a signup thread

1)Phil Gantz

SVXer95
12-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Have an address? I may be interested, but it would have to be before Jan 6th....

Also not sure on the distance. $80 is good, but $80 plus $40 in gas is not as good.

Phast SVX
12-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by SVXer95
Have an address? I may be interested, but it would have to be before Jan 6th....

Also not sure on the distance. $80 is good, but $80 plus $40 in gas is not as good.

K J Auto, LLC
401 E. Wilmont Drive
Waukesha, WI 53189

Wuakesha is about a half our west of milwaukee, considred a suburb.
phil

SVXer95
12-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm in if we can do it before Jan 6th.

C'mon Greg, this means you should come too!;)

Phast SVX
12-20-2004, 10:45 AM
how bout wed the 5th?
phil

SVXer95
12-20-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm down, the earlier the better. I have to start packing so I can head back to school on Friday.

SVXer95
12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Phast SVX

1)Phil Gantz
2)Collin Milliken

Phast SVX
12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm down, the earlier the better. I have to start packing so I can head back to school on Friday.

that sux! im not even done with school yet....have one exam left tomorrow. Where do you go that starts so early?
phil

SVXer95
12-20-2004, 12:04 PM
I have a unique schedule....

I go to Kettering (GMI) and it has a co-op program. My school semesters go from July to October and January to March. The rest of the time I work in engineering at a bearing manufacturer in Indiana. The only time I get vacation time is when I take off from work. I actually get two weeks this time - working until Thursday, then take some time off.

It is a little weird, but I like it. Never matches up with anyone elses breaks though.

Keep me updated on the Dyno meet. I'm sure we can grab a few more people...

Chiketkd
12-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Hope you get a good group to go in January Phil. Best of luck...

-Chike

Phast SVX
12-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Hope you get a good group to go in January Phil. Best of luck...

-Chike

Chike,
Thanks a lot! up for a drive? :D

Bump for the midwest!!!

phil

Chiketkd
12-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Phast SVX
Chike,
Thanks a lot! up for a drive? :D
Ha ha! That's way to far of a drive to make in the dead of Winter. :D

I'm sure we'll meet up one day though...

-Chike

SVXer95
12-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Bumpppppp

C'mon Chicago and WI people, where you at??

SVXer95
12-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Chiketkd

Ha ha! That's way to far of a drive to make in the dead of Winter. :D

I'm sure we'll meet up one day though...

-Chike

But the winters are much more fun over here:D :D
You know you wanna.....

drivemusicnow
12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm up for it.

Phast SVX
12-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
I'm up for it.

I really hope the midwest can pull off a better showing then this

1)Phil Gantz
2)Collin Milliken
3)drivemusicnow
4)Rob

Chiketkd
12-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Glad to see Rob is going to make it.

Damn, you guys already have double the people that Bill and I had at Altered Atmosphere on 12/15....

-Chike

SVXer95
12-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Phil,

Do you know how they do the runs? I was thinking about making a run, then dumping in some toluene, letting it mix/learn, then running again. Do you think that would be possible? Or do they jsut do consecutive runs?

SVXer95
12-31-2004, 08:41 AM
Is this still on? Plans finalized? I am assuming we will need cash for the runs.

Phast SVX
12-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Collin,
Im still planning on it, and bringing cash. Its a shop, not a tuner shop, so they may take credit cards etc. Rob is planning on coming too, as is a friend of my with a WRX with a bit of power(fm all bolts ons,, utec, etc) but as far as SVX's go we have something to test against with the four of us. What time will just depend on whats best for everyone and wha they say when i call on monday(ill post right away)
Im working on getting their phone number and gonna call on monday to let them know we are coming out. They make runs back to back becuase the price is included with setup time. We get 3 runs for 80, im assuming they wouldnt mind you adding in some toulene. I am running xycol in my car as of right now.
phil

BUMP BUMP COME ONE PEOPLE

Berlin
12-31-2004, 05:06 PM
What day and what time I might be able to make it.

Phast SVX
01-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Berlin
What day and what time I might be able to make it.

Wednesday, and posting time Monday when I call. 1ish?

phil

SVXer95
01-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Everything sounds good, but I may or may not be able to make it. As of today, my car is still in the shop (has been for a week) and will hopefully be done by Monday. If not, I might not make it. I have to install knock sensors as soon as I get it back from the shop. It would be pretty pointless to do dyno runs with bad knock sensors.

I will know for sure on Monday.

Knightwulf
01-02-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll likely show up just to visit, but as my SVX isn't geared for performance there's really no point in my paying for the dyno run.

drivemusicnow
01-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Thats pretty much what i'm going to do... i WANT to dyno the eclipse.. but i don't see the worth in it for my "budget" racer.

SVXer95
01-04-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm in pending we don't get slammed by snow. If the roads are open, I am there.;)

Phast SVX
01-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm in pending we don't get slammed by snow. If the roads are open, I am there.;)

Ive been calling the last 2 days and dont seem to be have the right number for them(used infomation) or tehy dont answer their phone. So our going may turn into a meet. Pending the weather of course.....ill check in around 8 am to see how we are doing and we can decided then....
phil

SVXer95
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, this weather has decided for me. It has already started to come down pretty hard here, and this is supposed to be the least of the snow. I think this is a little too far for me in the weather. Would probably turn into a four hour drive.....each way.

I'll be back in town in the spring. Maybe we can try again then. Hope you guys have a good meet.

Phast SVX
07-30-2005, 05:41 PM
well its been a while but im looking to make a go for this again. Will be dynoing stage 1v4 and stage 2v3 back to back, so a few hands would be nice to swap the roms and maf sensor in a timely manor not to rack up the charges. anyone interested? im going to see if i can get a phone number for them tomorrow, as i lost it last time. Lets see whos not busy on wed the 10th?
thanks!
phil

here it is
K J Auto, LLC
401 E. Wilmont Drive
Waukesha, WI 53189

Phast SVX
07-31-2005, 04:18 PM
bump,
come on midwest guys!!! I mthinking of going to GRD. anyone????
me and chicane are going so far.
phil

Berlin
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
GRD? Whats this.