PDA

View Full Version : starting problems/MANY OTHERS--PLEASE HELP

SVXtc
12-29-2001, 12:42 PM
About 4 months ago, I had a new headunit installed. I hadn't had any problems with it. About 3 weeks ago, I had my transmission rebuilt. Sometimes the car won't start. I bought a battery about 5 months ago so I don't think it could be that. My dad suggested that when the stereo was installed, it screwed up other things. Has anyone else had a problem like this after putting in a new stereo or having their transmission rebuilt? What other problems have people had after getting the car back after having the tranny rebuilt? I have a LOT of problems. You name it, I probably have it. I have all types of codes coming from the car. I'm taking it back to the tranny shop guy to have it looked at again. He thinks it might be a communications problem between the ecu and the tcu. I am so angry. I pay $2200 and it still shifts bad and every other problem imaginable. PLEASE HELP ME.

Aredubjay
12-29-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SVXtc
About 4 months ago, I had a new headunit installed. I hadn't had any problems with it. About 3 weeks ago, I had my transmission rebuilt. Sometimes the car won't start. I bought a battery about 5 months ago so I don't think it could be that. My dad suggested that when the stereo was installed, it screwed up other things. Has anyone else had a problem like this after putting in a new stereo or having their transmission rebuilt? What other problems have people had after getting the car back after having the tranny rebuilt? I have a LOT of problems. You name it, I probably have it. I have all types of codes coming from the car. I'm taking it back to the tranny shop guy to have it looked at again. He thinks it might be a communications problem between the ecu and the tcu. I am so angry. I pay $2200 and it still shifts bad and every other problem imaginable. PLEASE HELP ME.

I'm going to copy this to both Chris Debban's SVX message board as well as "Technical Questions" perhaps you'll get a little help there.

SpeedVX
12-31-2001, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone, im new to the site. I read this post and i had to share. I just installed a new head unit in my car too, but now i cant get my car to start although the new unit works great. Here's what happened.

-A friend was helping me put in the new unit. we didnt disconnect the battery. during the work the dash lights flickered once. We soon realized we didnt know what wires went where in the new unit's harness so we packed up for the night and i decided to get on here and find a diagram. So i drive it home but everytime i pressed an interior light button, the dash lights went out...weird. ....anyway i get the wiring info and i start it the next day and the car begins shaking. I quick turn it off and try starting it again, but all it will do is turn over. I tried charging the battery....nothing, checked all the fuses and found the one i blew in the main fuse box in the engine and replaced it. Finished wiring the stereo and it works fine but the car still won't start. Its so close to starting....its like it just wont stay running, almost like its being starved of something.

-any ideas very much appreciated!!!-

cdebban
01-07-2002, 09:15 PM
it sounds like you need to be persistent at the Trans shop these are touchy to work on and require special tools, if it did not have communication probs before they rebuilt it should not have them now unless they caused them!