PDA

View Full Version : I finally got one!

Techygeek
12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Hi all

After a very long search I finally managed to get hold of a 91 SVX. It's done 110,000kms and it's in great condition. As expected is an absolute dream to drive.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with it.

oab_au
12-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Gid'ay mate hope you enjoy the model as much as us. If you have any problems, just call out.

Harvey.;)

Chiketkd
12-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome! :)

-Chike

Jamsvx
12-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Well done! That looks excellent!!

I cam empathise completely with you - I searched long and hard for mine and loved every minute of it!

Safe driving and long may the E4AT last!

Cheers

James

svxistentialist
12-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Easy on the welly through Wellington speedtraps!

Enjoy the car. As Harvey says, we all do.

Welcome to the Forum and a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Joe

Techygeek
01-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Cheers all!

Unfortuantely I've had my first little disaster. Early last week one of the hoses to the power steering pump burst and made a bit of a mess. I've had the hose and connector replaced/repaired and all seems OK now, but the subaru guys think there may have been some damage to the pump itself. After hearing the price of a replacement pump I really hope not!

oab_au
01-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Techygeek
Cheers all!

Unfortuantely I've had my first little disaster. Early last week one of the hoses to the power steering pump burst and made a bit of a mess. I've had the hose and connector replaced/repaired and all seems OK now, but the subaru guys think there may have been some damage to the pump itself. After hearing the price of a replacement pump I really hope not!

Yeh I had the return hose blow off mine, heaps of smoke:D . The return hose is just held on by a hose clamp, and the engine movement seems to work it off. I replaced the hose and clamp and wire tied, the hose clamp back to the rack to prevent it from coming of again.
Don't think it would hurt the pump, it would have to run for a while with no oil to hurt the vanes. As the steering is so hard to turn without the assist, you don't drive very far without it.:D

Harvey.;)

fraz
01-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I can recommend waiuku car spares for svx parts. We have got lots of crap off them for a pretty decent price. I was ther today and they ahve about 3 svx's and 2 half svx's
Ask for weasel. No ****, thats his name :)

If you want performance, you can fit a 'sweet' power steering pump. We had one on out stockcar and it was identical to the original svx item