PDA

View Full Version : The Official Unoffical Confirmed Reservation Thread

Rotorflyr
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
I figured we should seperate the list of confirmed reservations from the other Reading thread, so here it goes.

Once your reservation is confirmed, add your name to the list:

Confirmed Room Reservation List:
1. svxcess
2. CigarJohnny & Mrs. CigarJohnny
3. Ciscokid
4. Rotorflyr, Mrs Rotorflyr & Baby Rotorflyr

MNYPNNY
01-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Ok, so I'm sure I'm screwing up the thread.....
but I really want to be there this year.....
and driving is out of the question.....
so who wants to sponsor my airfare? :D

n00b on demand
01-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah michelle that would be one longggggg drive for ya!

Motorsport-SVX
01-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I was actually trying to consider driving out there
and somehow take a week away from the shop.
While out that way try to see my sister in Cinn and maybe
even some family in NY.

Subafreak
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
5. Subafreak and BajaMama :D (Unofficialy confirmed:rolleyes: )

Subafreak
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx

Well you may get enough to get down here but getting back is another question.:D

MNYPNNY
01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Are you saying I could be kidnapped? ;)

Ciscokid
01-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Flying round trip from Grand Junction to Lancaster, PA will only cost 575.00 if you fly Fri and return Sunday. If you stay until Monday, the price is 525.00.

Not too bad....start a Tsunami relief/airfare fund.

MNYPNNY
01-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Ciscokid

Flying round trip from Grand Junction to Lancaster, PA will only cost 575.00 if you fly Fri and return Sunday. If you stay until Monday, the price is 525.00.

Not too bad....start a Tsunami relief/airfare fund.

"...only..."
I think I'm probably flying to Pittsburgh....... if I decide to do it

Subafreak
01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Are you saying I could be kidnapped? ;)

Well......I might take you home.:D

MNYPNNY
01-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Subafreak

Well......I might take you home.:D

:eek:

Seraph
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
5. Subafreak and BajaMama :D (Unofficialy confirmed:rolleyes: )
6. Seraph and ______________ (any cute girls that want to drive to Reading with me from Chicago)

Ciscokid
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Seraph...if any of those cute girls have friends in the Boston area just PM me :D

newsvx
01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I was finally able to make reservations. It appears that the "RESERVATION" office does NOT have any indication of the SVX Meet. I called the hotel and they transfer your call to "RESERVATIONS" - don't let them do that. Deal with the hotel itself. They are aware of the meet. They'll even provide a confirmation number ;) .

So the is now:

1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
5. Subafreak and BajaMama (Unofficialy confirmed )
6. Seraph and ______________ (any cute girls that want to drive to Reading with me from Chicago)
7. newsvx

See ya there!!
Harry

MNYPNNY
01-12-2005, 10:36 PM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
8. thndrmtn92svx (it's too expensive to fly to Chicago and ride with Lwin.... lol)

Motorsport-SVX
01-12-2005, 10:58 PM
What are the dates for the meet ?

shelfy
01-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
What are the dates for the meet ? the same dates i will be in tucson. :( :)

Rotorflyr
01-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Dayle,
Friday, April 8 through Mid-Sunday, April 10 , 2005

GreenMarine
01-13-2005, 07:49 AM

Dude... you can get a tickett there cheaper than I could drive there for!! Serious, just call United or Delta up and ask... I bet that ya can get a tickett for right around $100 if ya book it this week... Book EARLY!!! and save $$$ :D:D

GreenMarine
01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Rotorflyr
Dayle,
Friday, April 8 through Mid-Sunday, April 10 , 2005

I am gonna try to get there to the meet... It all depends though... This is gonna be the last meet that I'll still be in the Marines. So in 2006 I'll be a civilian too and in the same boat as all of you as far as requesting time off and junk... If I don't bring the SVX this time then I'll be in my GF's Jetta TDI... The SVX is under ongoing "construction" and will be reciving a NUMBER of upgrades when I get it back... I really hope to get it back soon though :):)

MNYPNNY
01-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Dude... you can get a tickett there cheaper than I could drive there for!! Serious, just call United or Delta up and ask... I bet that ya can get a tickett for right around $100 if ya book it this week... Book EARLY!!! and save $$$ :D:D

Nope, nowhere near that cheap. I'm flying out of a tiny little airport. Costs as much to fly from here to SLC or Denver as it does to then fly somewhere from there.....
But I did find a decent airfare, it's all good. :D

svxfiles
01-17-2005, 02:34 PM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
8. thndrmtn92svx (it's too expensive to fly to Chicago and ride with Lwin.... lol) [/B][/QUOTE]
9. svxfiles & Green_Eyed_Lady (one room)
10. MrHoots,(Dave) and boxer6,(Nick) (another room)

I just got off the phone(800-339-0264) and they tell me there are no more king size beds:( and probably no ajoining rooms.

mikecg
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
8. thndrmtn92svx (it's too expensive to fly to Chicago and ride with Lwin.... lol) [/B][/QUOTE]
11. MikeCG (probubly got an extra bed if anyone needs)

I called today and reserved.

Subafreak
01-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

I am gonna try to get there to the meet... It all depends though... This is gonna be the last meet that I'll still be in the Marines. So in 2006 I'll be a civilian too and in the same boat as all of you as far as requesting time off and junk... If I don't bring the SVX this time then I'll be in my GF's Jetta TDI... The SVX is under ongoing "construction" and will be reciving a NUMBER of upgrades when I get it back... I really hope to get it back soon though :):)

And I thought the Miata was weak.:rolleyes: :)

Ron Mummert
01-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by mikecg
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
8. thndrmtn92svx (it's too expensive to fly to Chicago and ride with Lwin.... lol)
12. Ron M.

LarryIII
02-14-2005, 01:58 PM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
12. Ron M.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add us to the list:

13. Larry III & The Beautiful Naviguesser (SUBYDOO & PEARLY... along with the Meet Monster & the Message 40 Gremlin and maybe some good canoli for the Friday nighters)

LarryIII
02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Monday I tried to get into a room with a king size bed and they told me that they had 5 reserved for the SVX Meet but that they were all taken.

They were willing to give me a room with a king size bed at the normal non-discount rate of $109.95 + 6% PA tax. Sounds fishy to me. Would the 5 SVXers out there who reserved the rooms with king size beds, please contact me, and does anyone want to switch to the rooms with 2 queen size beds.

Thanks.

svxfiles
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Monday I tried to get into a room with a king size bed and they told me that they had 5 reserved for the SVX Meet but that they were all taken.

They were willing to give me a room with a king size bed at the normal non-discount rate of $109.95 + 6% PA tax. Sounds fishy to me. Would the 5 SVXers out there who reserved the rooms with king size beds, please contact me, and does anyone want to switch to the rooms with 2 queen size beds.

Thanks.
Larry, back on January 17th ;
I just got off the phone(800-339-0264) and they tell me there are no more king size beds and probably no ajoining rooms.
:confused:

Ciscokid
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Would the 5 SVXers out there who reserved the rooms with king size beds, please contact me, and does anyone want to switch to the rooms with 2 queen size beds.

Thanks.

I am 1 of the 5 with a King. I say whomever helped set this up needs to get us more rooms but if it comes down to us getting only the 5 you can have my room, just make sure you reserve something (hell, even the cleaning closet would work) so I have a room too :D Please make sure it is NON smoking....thanks!

LarryIII
02-17-2005, 04:45 AM
Cisco,

Thank you. I have already reserved a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds.

Can we switch? Let's PM each other to work out the details.

CigarJohnny
02-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Glad you were able to work something out, Larry. I am one with a king-size bed but there is no way we'd give it up. You know I love ya but I gotta draw the line somewhere. Besides, the wife would string me up if I gave it away. This is a mini vacation for the two of us. :)

Next time, if you know you are coming, don't wait to reserve a room. What's the old adage? "If you snooze you... sleep in a queen sized bed". No one who comes to the meet is ever a loser. ;)

Johnny (Psyched for this meet!)

LarryIII
02-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Cigar J,

We have not worked out anything yet. I PM'd Cisco but haven't heard anything yet.

See you at Reading.

Ciscokid
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Larry

I thought I PMed you back. I have no probs switching, one bed or two makes no difference. If I go solo I can always allow drunk people to crash in the room, lol.

Call the hotel and see if they need any type of notice or if we can just switch on the day we arrive. I can't see a problem...they still rent the 2 rooms to 2 people, there is no difference in my eyes.

Just let me know if I need to do anything.

Later
CK

svxcess
02-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Just spoke to Helen Helms at the Holiday Inn Morgantown about the room situation.

We originally asked for 35 rooms (30 rooms and 5 king rooms) As of this morning she had 1 king room left (4 had been reserved). She did not know who told Larry that all of the kings were taken.

As of today, she removed five of the remaining queen rooms from the block and replaced them with five king rooms. As the situation changes we may change the ratio.

Currently there are 13 rooms reserved among 12 members.

Remember, the reservation cutoff date is Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thats only two weeks away... and counting...

LarryIII
02-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Well we now have a no-smooking room with a king size bed at the SVX meet dicounted price.

Thanks for your help Francesco & John.

Ron Mummert
02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryIII
[B]Well we now have a no-smooking room with a king size bed at the SVX meet dicounted price.

I always prefer a king-sized room with a smoking bed.

But thats just my style.

Ron. (Smooking?!?!)

svxcess
02-25-2005, 12:13 PM
(Smooking?!?!)

I think Larry meant to say he had a NO-SMOOCHING room :D

LarryIII
02-25-2005, 05:48 PM
As Rosie always says,"Spelling counts."

So I guess I failed and there will be no smooching or even smooking.

Rotorflyr
02-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Well we now have a room no-smooking with a king size bed at the SVX meet dicounted price.

That's not so bad, when I did window guard/security door installs years ago, my partner (a jamican guy named Peck) had "No Somking" written on both the visors (both sides even). So being the wise ass I was(am) I asked him if Somking was some jamican ritual....(it was funny at the time)

Oh and Larry, I not only plan to do some smootching with my wife I also plan on doing some smooking as well (once the baby is asleep that is) ;)

edit: And if no one has, I'll PM those on the initial sign-up list who aren't the confirmed reservation list and remind them of the cut off date for the discount rate (provided Im not real busy at work)

SVXRide
02-25-2005, 08:16 PM
I called today, and I've got a room confirmed. Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue as Larry did, i.e. "I don't have any record of a block of rooms for an SVX group" (quoting "Cheryl" of the Holiday Inn Morgantown - at least I dialed 800-339-0264 to speak to her).
I got a room with two queen size beds for $109.95/night, which I'm guessing is NOT the special SVX rate.
John H. - is there another phone # I should use, or should I just call back on the 800 number and ask for Helen Helms?
-Bill

svxfiles
02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Thats the right # Bill.
Call back.
I called the other day to get one of the king sized beds, the ones that did not exist on January 17th:rolleyes: and they only had me down for one room, and now not only are king size available, but adjoining rooms are as well:confused: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

SVXRide
02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Tom,
will do...even the "Cheryl" I spoke with suggested that I call back on Monday
-Bill

svxcess
02-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SVXRide
John H. - is there another phone # I should use, or should I just call back on the 800 number and ask for Helen Helms?
-Bill

Call and speak to Helen Helms directly. Her extension is 181. I will send her copies of the posts in this thread so she can see the difficulties we have been having.

Rotorflyr
02-26-2005, 09:54 AM
So I've PM'd all those who were on the initial sign-up list (including those close enough to commute) who's names aren't on the Reservation list with a reminder of the cut-off date,
This is the current Confirmed Reservation List:
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
6. Seraph and _ (any cute girls that want to drive to Reading with me from Chicago)
7. newsvx
12. Ron M.
13. Larry III & The Beautiful Navigusser
14. SVXRide

Also, just for the record, when I called for my reservation, the guy I spoke to had trouble finding our group in the system, but eventualy did.

SVXRide
02-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by svxcess

Call and speak to Helen Helms directly. Her extension is 181. I will send her copies of the posts in this thread so she can see the difficulties we have been having.

John,
thanks! I'll give Helen a call on Monday.
-Bill

Subafreak
02-26-2005, 01:35 PM
I seem to have ended up with two reservations for a non-smoking king room, at the special SVX rate of $0.00:confused:

I guess I need to cancel one of them, but I'm just really hoping that I will have a room when I show up and at the correct rate. Altho $0.00 would be OK too.:D

Rotorflyr
02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Freak,
Did you get confirmation #'s for either of the reservations?
Can you cancel on-line like you booked?

Subafreak
02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Rotorflyr
Freak,
Did you get confirmation #'s for either of the reservations?
Can you cancel on-line like you booked?

Uh, yes and yes. Why do you ask?

Rotorflyr
02-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Cause as long as you have a confirmation # then they have to give you the room and there is a chance you will get it at the rate it was booked at ;) and if you can cancel one of them on-line then do so, cause if you have to talk to someone you won't get the other room for free for sure

MNYPNNY
02-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I have a confirmed room.....

svxcess
02-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SVXRide

John,
thanks! I'll give Helen a call on Monday.
-Bill

I believe she is off on Mondays, so Tuesdays are usually a good time to reach her.

Rotorflyr
02-27-2005, 05:23 AM
I have a confirmed room.....

Yep 'chelle and your #8 on the list :p

svxcess
03-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I called today on my followup email to Helen Helms, concerning the registration issues we have encountered. I found out that Helen is no longer with Holiday Inn, her last day being last Saturday.

The new representative for our account is Tony Reyes. He seems very friendly and competent. He immediately apologized for any inconveniences we may have experienced.

He is keenly aware of our concerns and any questions should be addressed directly to him.

They also had a change in their 800 number direct access. You now call 1-800-HOLIDAY and will be eventually routed to them.

Their direct number is 610-286-3000. Tony's extension is 134.

calmone
03-04-2005, 07:03 AM
there used to be a link to the web site for the hotel, does anyone know what the web address is!

newsvx
03-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Here it is: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/mgnpa?irs=null

Harry

calmone
03-07-2005, 08:30 PM
yup, i got one with beds and all. see ya's next month!

newsvx
03-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Great! We'll see you there!!!! This will be the best one yet!!
Harry

Aredubjay
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I called today on my followup email to Helen Helms, concerning the registration issues we have encountered. I found out that Helen is no longer with Holiday Inn, her last day being last Saturday.

The new representative for our account is Tony Reyes. He seems very friendly and competent. He immediately apologized for any inconveniences we may have experienced.

He is keenly aware of our concerns and any questions should be addressed directly to him.

They also had a change in their 800 number direct access. You now call 1-800-HOLIDAY and will be eventually routed to them.

Their direct number is 610-286-3000. Tony's extension is 134.

I called yesterday. After a long runaround, I left my name and number. Haven't gotten a call back yet. I guess I'm gonna have to call Tony. :rolleyes:

MPtyza
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm a friend of the user excaliber, and I just reserved the room for the two of us. She was the previous owner of the SVX that benebob is using as his racecar. I think I can say for sure that she'll be there with her '93 Impreza, and I may have my '91 Legacy Turbo with me.
I've been reading this forum for about two years or so, ever since I first saw her SVX.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we're coming, and reserved a room.

GreenMarine
03-09-2005, 07:45 AM
What exactly is the "SVX Meet Rate" for these rooms??? $109 doesn't sound like much of a deal... I was hoping for something around the price of $50-$60 would be alright... I'll call today or tomorrow if the rate is cheaper... if it isn't then I'll be staying somewhere else for the meet, if I can make it :rolleyes::(

newsvx
03-09-2005, 08:23 AM
I believe the SVX Club rate is $77.64, which includes all taxes.

Harry

svxfiles
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I just called the hotel, 800-339-0264, and spoke to Raj.
He verified that the rooms were $69.95+tax, totaling about $77.65.
But the CUTOFF DATE IS TOMOrROW, 3-10-05!
It could not hurt to double check your reservations.
See you there, Tom.

It will be more fun than a sack full of puppies! :)

Aredubjay
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm now confirmed (do I have to take communion? :D ) -- One, non-smoking-King. I guess NOW, I GOTTA be there, huh? Nothing like getting in under the wire. :eek:

newsvx
03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I just called the hotel, 800-339-0254, and spoke to Raj.
He verified that the rooms were $69.95+tax, totaling about $77.65.
But the CUTOFF DATE IS TOMOrROW, 3-10-05!
It could not hurt to double check your reservations.
See you there, Tom.

It will be more fun than a sack full of puppies! :)

THERE WAS A TYPO IN THE PHONE NUMBER. The correct number is 800-339-0264. Another number is (610) 28603000.

Get those reservations in - tomorrow's the cutoff!!!!!!!

Harry

svxfiles
03-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Thank you, Harry.

Yano. :)

GreenMarine
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm confirmed and set up with a "Non-smoking double Queen room" :D:D

However, this will be the second year that I won't be there in an SVX :(:(.... Just spoke to Shane and he said that we are still working on getting the Drivers side Head examined :(... Oh well, I'm kinda glad because the TDi Jetta gets around 750 miles per tank :D:D, and that's on only 14 gallons of Diesel!! We'll see you guys up there!!! :cool:

svxfiles
03-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm confirmed and set up with a "Non-smoking double Queen room" :D:D
:cool:

"A Non-smoking double Queen room".

Chris, is there something you want to tell us? :o

J/K :D

Aredubjay
03-09-2005, 11:31 AM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
6. Seraph and _ (any cute girls that want to drive to Reading with me from Chicago)
7. newsvx
12. Ron M.
14. SVXRide
15. Aredubjay
16. GreenMarine
17. Calmone
18. MKP

Who Else!?

GreenMarine
03-09-2005, 01:25 PM
"A Non-smoking double Queen room".

Chris, is there something you want to tell us? :o

J/K :D

Hahahha, man.... I didn't even notice that... :rolleyes::D:cool:

MPtyza
03-10-2005, 07:56 AM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
12. Ron M.
14. SVXRide
15. Aredubjay
16. GreenMarine
17. Calmone
18. MKP & excaliber

just fixed your post to include excaliber :)

Aredubjay
03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
just fixed your post to include excaliber :)

Cool. Now, surely, with 40-plus people coming, there will have to be more than 18 rooms reserved.

AND, who's got the "Hospitality Suite?" :D

SVXRide
03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid
7. newsvx
12. Ron M.
14. This room now available.... :(
15. Aredubjay
16. GreenMarine
17. Calmone
18. MKP

-Bill (coming to grips with the fact that sometimes being the father of three kids does interfere with one's SVX time...)

green_eyed_lady
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
14. This room now available.... :(

-Bill (coming to grips with the fact that sometimes being the father of three kids does interfere with one's SVX time...)

Not another birthday party?!!!! Bill, you should have planned those kids better. :D

SVXRide
03-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Diana,
Nope...no birthday this time....my wife - having just reviewed the "family calendar" last night - informed me that Devin's command performance in her school's production of "Annie" is Saturday night and that she'd be heart-broken if I missed it - especially if it was because of a "car thing" :rolleyes:
-Bill (also still getting used to having daughters....)

Aredubjay
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Diana,
Nope...no birthday this time....my wife - having just reviewed the "family calendar" last night - informed me that Devin's command performance in her school's production of "Annie" is Saturday night and that she'd be heart-broken if I missed it - especially if it was because of a "car thing" :rolleyes:

Being a thespian, myself, I can totally understand. Now, birthdays are another thing. I'm leaving for Reading on my son's 17th. :eek: I'm dead.

newsvx
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Diana,

Bill,
Please try to KEEP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Harry (sure is nice to have an empty nest!!!!!!)

MNYPNNY
04-04-2005, 03:17 PM
In 3 days I'll be in PA!!! :D

Rotorflyr
04-04-2005, 03:42 PM
:rolleyes: So will Me and Da Fam! :rolleyes: :D :p

MNYPNNY
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
It's a lot farther for me! :p

Earthworm
04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
It's a lot farther for me! :pBut you're getting there faster.