PDA

View Full Version : ps pressure line

danrowski
12-22-2001, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I got this real bad power steering leak and it is spewing onto my exhaust and smoking really nasty. I was told that it may be the pressure hose that goes from the front, right by the radiator, to the back somewhere on the firewall. It seems that every time I turn my wheel it gets worse. It doesn't really leave any puddles though, that is the thing.....it seems to be only when I drive. Any info on this would help a lot. Oh yeah, is it difficult to change out?

Thanks,

Danny

Mr. Pockets
12-22-2001, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by danrowski
Hi,

I got this real bad power steering leak and it is spewing onto my exhaust and smoking really nasty. I was told that it may be the pressure hose that goes from the front, right by the radiator, to the back somewhere on the firewall. It seems that every time I turn my wheel it gets worse. It doesn't really leave any puddles though, that is the thing.....it seems to be only when I drive. Any info on this would help a lot. Oh yeah, is it difficult to change out?

Thanks,

Danny

Are you watching the level in the PS reservoir? If you have a bad leak in your power steering, it shouldn't be difficult to find the leak. And if it is leaking from a hose, that shouldn't be difficult to replace.

cdebban
12-22-2001, 08:18 PM
check the power steering pump it self it will leak from the top onto the exhaust. have seen this happen

Mr. Pockets
12-23-2001, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by cdebban
check the power steering pump it self it will leak from the top onto the exhaust. have seen this happen

Does it leak out of the o-ring between the pump and the reservoir? When mine needed to be replaced, no fluid was leaking out - it seemed to be sucking air in.

cdebban
12-23-2001, 02:31 PM
Yes it will leak out of the O-ring, but also will leak out of the pump itself.