PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic Needed

Reverend
11-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Hello all SVXers. I live in orlando, and unfortunately I'm leaving any time soon thanks to the transmissino difficulties I'm having. That is assuming I wanted to leave. I guess my car just loves first gear so much, that it doesn't want to shift out of it, either that or the other gears did something to piss off my car.

Anyway, I'm looking for a mechanic to work on this transmission, at the very least give me an idea of whats going on under the hood. I've never had tranny work done on any car, and my mechanic does not do trannies.

Where do I go folks?:confused:

Earthworm
11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately most mechanics will not want to open up a 4EAT. They will replace them though.

Reverend
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Sense I posted that, I got the error code from the blinking power light by moving the shifter around and turning on and off the manual switch. According to the TCU the error is the vehicle speed sensor #2, which may mean that my tranny isn't kaputsky, right?

So I guess a better question is, does anyone know any mechanics in central florida who know SVXs, and can replace a speed sensor, where the heck it may be. I'm showing my ignorance here I know.

Earthworm
11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
So to confirm you got error code #33?

Reverend
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
That would be correct, sir. Three long, three short.

Or maybe my car's possesed and was trying to get out part of an SOS to me. :)

GreenMarine
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
If I were closer and had tools I would love to come down and wrench on your car for alittle bit man.... However, the Marines don't let me out all that often :rolleyes::(

Try "SolarWRX"... He used to have a SVX but now owns a WRX... He is in FL too and may beable to help ya out :)