PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Shore MeetII

TomsSVX
11-17-2004, 11:37 AM
This will be the seond time I have held this meet. We will be meeting at a public lot as you first get on Long Beach Island. once we have established ourselves, we will take a ride over to our local Applebees where we can get some grub and chat. I know it will be kinda cold so bring some clothes to maych the heat. Anyway It is right off Rt 72 In Ship Bottom NJ 08008. It is exit 63 off the Garden State Parkway. For anyone comming from the west contact me for directions rt70,539,or 38, or any other route you would be taking, i can walk you through it best I can. Come on people and turn out for this SVX meet.

1.Tomssvx

Hocrest
11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
ummm...

Are you going to tell us when? Or should we just go to the public lot now and wait for others to show up :D:D:D

benebob
11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Where is everyone? I've been waiting here in the lot for 15 minutes!!!!

When you looking at. Not much more free weekends for me as ski season is just around the corner.

TomsSVX
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
sorry i forgot to enter the date.

December 17th Saturday
10am-whenever you feel like leaving.

Matthewmongan
11-18-2004, 03:29 AM
i have court on the 14 so if i dont loose my licence for 6 months ill be there.

n00b on demand
11-18-2004, 02:41 PM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93

TomsSVX
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
sorry my mistake the 17th is a friday i meant the 18th sorry for any confusion

LarryIII
11-19-2004, 05:23 AM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93
3. Larry III & The Beautifu Naviguesser (Maybe)

Gary (MoreIBNR) please come, we can all share hilarity again; like we did at Reading.

TomsSVX
11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
as long as you bring the svx this time;) no worries porsches are always welcome too. i hope to see this get to be a bit larger than last time, which shouldn't be too hartd to do, we just need to beat having 3svxi there:D

Matthewmongan
11-21-2004, 05:26 PM
apparetly the belt braking was just a symptom of a larger problem. for some reason the pully is tweeked and the damn belt broke on my way back to salisbury today, again. the car is going in the 12th of dec for fixin and a tune up so im not sure if i can make it, but ill try.

TomsSVX
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
check the tensioner pulley. is it loose? mine was and i kept throwing belts too. just tighten up the bolt and u should be fine. just a suggestion. also, don't tighten the tension adjuster too much or else you are bound to warp the bearing and tweek the pulley.

Matthewmongan
11-21-2004, 08:09 PM
i looked at it on the side of the road and the pully itself is off axis. it pulls the belt half off and the belt shreads itself on the lip of the pully.

TomsSVX
11-21-2004, 09:08 PM
make sure to bolt it rides on is tight. could just be held by the tensioner and the loose bolt is allowing it to twist off axis. i dunno cuz i don't see it just a sugg.

benebob
11-28-2004, 12:08 PM
I might make the meet. That is if I'm welcome with a non-SVX. Mine is stored away for the winter and with my winter weekend job starting soon (would be the number #1 reason I'm not 100% I can make it) I don't know if I'd have time to winterize it prior to storage.

excaliber
11-29-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah,

the same thing goes for me as benebob, if i was still welcome, without an svx (sold mine to him) i got an impreza now but i still love an svx just as much or more than alot of people.

thanks

TomsSVX
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
ok, everyone is allowed to come svxless or not. I would just like to get the total count of how many will be attending.

1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93

Hocrest
11-30-2004, 04:15 PM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93
4. Hocrest (maybe)

benebob
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93
4. Hocrest (maybe)
5. Benebob (if the snow guns remain silent).

MoreIBNR
12-01-2004, 06:13 AM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93
4. Hocrest (maybe)
6. MoreIBNR

As long as you DO mean Saturday - (unless my calendar is off, isn't the 17th a Friday?)

MoreIBNR
12-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by MoreIBNR
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93
4. Hocrest (maybe)
6. MoreIBNR

As long as you DO mean Saturday - (unless my calendar is off, isn't the 17th a Friday?)

LarryIII - I will bring you a present (as long as I don't forget).

LarryIII
12-01-2004, 10:40 AM
TomSVX,

Saturday is Dec. 18 on my calendar. So I guess the NJ SVX II Meet is Sat., Dec. 18th at 10:00 AM in the parking lot directly to the right after the 4th bridge on Long Beach Island, NJ.

Rosie & I will be there.

TomsSVX
12-01-2004, 11:07 AM
you got it, i had later on corrected the date it is the 18th around 10am i will post signs on the last bridge for any new comers. well i hope to see you all there, i might swap the radiators in my cars so i can bring my 5speed.

LarryIII
12-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Tom,

I posted about this meet on the Yahoo SVX site to drum up further interest.

A Fake Vision
12-02-2004, 10:42 AM
the agony of early mornings!! i will not be able to come that sucks..... december i cannot get off at all...grrr oh wellz im gearing up for reading :D see you guys later
dave

TomsSVX
12-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Larry: awsome i would love to see a good amount of people out there

Fake Vision: I am sorry you cannot make it, i will be going to reading this year though so i will see u there.

BTW: for anyone attending the Jersey Shore meet, you can't laugh at the body work that still needs to be done to my 5speed, it should be completed by the end of the winter season, as long as my better half allows me to.;)

MoreIBNR
12-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by tomssvx

BTW: for anyone attending the Jersey Shore meet, you can't laugh at the body work that still needs to be done to my 5speed, it should be completed by the end of the winter season, as long as my better half allows me to.;)

you are right-we can't laught at what hasn't been done yet, but we CAN (and will) laugh at what is there - because that's the way we are :D

excaliber
12-03-2004, 12:46 AM
with a ton of luck, good directions, and maybe a buddy for the ride, hopefully i can make it!!

oohh, make me lucky # 7

7. excaliber

ps. tom...post your phone number so i can call for some directions, please....that is if it's okay

thanks!!

LarryIII
12-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Excaliber,

from Coatsville, take US rte. 30 to the Sckullkyll Expressway and over the Walt Whitman bridge to NJ. Take I-295N to rte. 70E.
Rte 70E to rte 72 S (or E). to Long Beach Island. on the 4th bridge stay in the right lane and hang a hard right immediately at the end of this bridge. Go 1 black there is a huge parking lot on your right. Good Luck.

TomsSVX
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
My number is (609) 276-7279 call me for any info needed, i will be there at around 9:30 so if anyone is there early they will know they are in the right spot. also, if you are on your way and 10:00 rolls around and you are not there yet, give me a call so we know not to go anywhere before you get there.

vollball81
12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Its a big MAYBE. i can get off work... see if the lady wants to go...

n00b on demand
12-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MoreIBNR
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93 (maybe)
4. Hocrest (maybe)
6. MoreIBNR

Maybe for me too. There are a few more SVXers here im trying to get go....Joey ( namaah)...and Omar (BXSVX)....im gonna call em and see if they wanna go. Pray that i get a day off from work!

mikecg
12-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, I cant go. I'll be in Florida. I'm scheduled to come back on the 18th.

TomsSVX
12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
im sorry to hear u won't be able to make it. I may be mistaken, but aren't you going to be the first ecutune stage 3 customer? maybe we could have a mini-meet when it is installed so we can all drool over your SVX. Anyway, it is still on and it is the first weekend i have for my winter break so i will have a huge load off my shoulders by then.

n00b on demand
12-07-2004, 07:27 PM
I am going to be asking for that day off when I go into work on thursday. If all goes well the other SVX guys will come also. So there will be a convoy of 4 SVX's from NY headed to jersey. Can't wait to see the look on those other car ppls faces :D . Hopefully i'll get the day off.

-Tom

TomsSVX
12-08-2004, 02:39 PM
sounds awsome subie. I can't wait for finals to be over, cuz that means my meet will be on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta swap put the radiators for the meet so i can bring my 5mt. is everyone as excited as i am? maybe it will snow too!!!! that would be sweet.

n00b on demand
12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
OK well i wrote in that i want dec 18th off so i will get it. You can now count me in for the meet. Now all i need is an exact address so that i can plug it into mapquest....or directions from the tappan zee bridge.

TomsSVX
12-10-2004, 11:36 AM
[918-999] Shore Rd
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

this is the best i can do for an exact adress. As long as you can get to parkway exit 63 and head Rt. 72 East you will have no problem finding it. I will post signs for the turn because its a hard right and easy to miss, just remember its right off the 4th bridge on 72 so stay right on the 4th bridge and make the absolute first right. You will see The Quarter Deck in front of you when you should be making the turn. Well i hope to see you all there.
Tom

n00b on demand
12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
That should do just fine for an exact address.

TomsSVX
12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/tomssvx/23003.bmp

This is a map i pulled off Map Quest it kinda describes the place.
Anyway, if you have any trouble finding the place you all have my number and you can call me

Tom Johnson
(609) 276-7279Cell

Guard-TL-
12-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I just got a surprise vacation from my job.......I'm there :cool:

TomsSVX
12-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Guard-TL-
I just got a surprise vacation from my job.......I'm there :cool:

oooohhhh, i hope you didn't get sacked.:(

TomsSVX
12-11-2004, 01:27 PM
hey where in Philly are you? I go to school at Temple and i am always there. I can tell you a faster way to get here than taking 70 if that was your plan. well get back to me

Guard-TL-
12-11-2004, 04:34 PM
hey where in Philly are you? I go to school at Temple and i am always there. I can tell you a faster way to get here than taking 70 if that was your plan. well get back to me

I live about 10 min. away from Temple :eek:

and directions would be greatly appreciated :)

TomsSVX
12-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Well take broad out to Vine. Hope off onto vine and take 676 to ben franklin. Its very short distance. Then take 30(bridge and road after) stay off to the left once off the bridge. Follow signs for rt. 38. Take 38 all the way down until it turns into one lane. Once it turns to 1 lane, you will see 2 sets of lights. Stay to the right but only go thru the 1st light then turn right at the second.This turns you onto Magnolia. This is quite a ways down 38 probly like 20 miles. Follow Magnolia all the way to the circle. This is a junction of 70, 72, and magnolia. Take 72 East all the way down to Long Beach Island. Once you reaches the bridges at the downslope of the fourth bridge make a hard right and you are there. Well if you have any problems let me know just call me up. Ill cya there.

n00b on demand
12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I see that your planning on leaving the meet place at 10 am? Well i just checked mapquest and it is 125 miles away from my house....thats to 918 shore road. So that would take appx 2 hours and some change depending on traffic. So 10am is kinda early lol. We would have to leave here ay 730 the latest lol

TomsSVX
12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
nononono i plan on meeting there at around 10am were will not be leaving there until earliest 11am because that is what time the Applebees closest to me opens. I would like to get in some time to check out you cars and meet new SVXers. SO try to be there by lets say...1030? sound good to you?

Anyway, i almost crapped myself saturday night. I was sitting in WAWA parkinglot waiting for my better half to get her coffee and low and behold, an SVX pulls in. This was the first SVX I have seen in well over 6 months (besides the 2 infront of my house). I introduced myself, asked if he was on the network(NO!!). He told me it's his wife's car and she is more of the enthusiast(He proceeded to tell me he was a stay at home dad:p :p ;) ) Well i opened up my invitation for him and his wife to join us on Sat and he said we might see them there. Anyway i hope to see them there he own a bourdoux(spelling?) 94 LE FWD w/ all suede interior. It was a sharp car said something like 300k on the clock. It had it's dents and dings that i could see but all around not bad.

So getting back on topic, i am studying for finals right now(not working out as you can see) and i am excited as heck for this meet. So i hope to see all of you out there. THis should be pretty fun.
Tom

n00b on demand
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Yea sounds good...should be a convoy of 3 or 4 from NY. See you there!

LarryIII
12-14-2004, 08:37 AM
To Tomsvx:

I just posted a reminder about this meet on the Yahoo SVX site. I hope you don't mind. I don't want to steal your thunder.
See you Saturday.

TomsSVX
12-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I am no Zeus! Thats awsome, i want more people to show. Is this incentive that you will definately be attending again this year? I hope so, especially with your trouble you have been having, getting away from that and having fun with us is a must!

LarryIII
12-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Tom,

To paraphrase the immortal words of Douglas McArthur, "We shall return."

TomsSVX
12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
excellent news i am excited. I just finished my two hardest finals with questionable sucess but i got two more tomorrow and one more tonight. so i am pretty pre-occupied so i can keep busy until sat.

Hocrest
12-14-2004, 02:29 PM
1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93 (maybe)
4. Hocrest (probably not)
6. MoreIBNR

It's not looking good for this Saturday...:(

I need to make a run to Connecticut, to pick up a 4EAT and some other Soob stuff. :D

Have a blast, get some pics.

TomsSVX
12-14-2004, 02:37 PM
sorry to hear that buddy i will try to document.

joe2rule
12-14-2004, 02:44 PM
I will be there!

1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93 (maybe)
6. MoreIBNR
7. Joe2Rule - Silver***** ;-)

TomsSVX
12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
awsome i am getting antsee

benebob
12-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by joe2rule

5. Benebob (Bowing out as the snow guns have begun dumping plenty of white stuff and I will be working all day Saturday in the bitter cold, not just drooling over SVXs).

TomsSVX
12-14-2004, 05:31 PM
aw man we lost another. crapola!!!! well i wish you guys could make it. sorry.

n00b on demand
12-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by joe2rule
I will be there!

1.Tomssvx
2. Soobiesvx93 (definite)
6. MoreIBNR
7. Joe2Rule - Silver***** ;-)
8. bxsvx
9. namaah

i added two more to the list that i know are coming.

n00b on demand
12-15-2004, 07:26 PM
ok looks like bxsvx is out....he has a final saturday morning.

TomsSVX
12-15-2004, 07:32 PM
i know the feeling. I am finally done!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear he can't make it. Does anyone have a digital camera that works well? The one i can use eats batteries in minutes.

n00b on demand
12-15-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm going to try and bring my friends but that also eats batteries in minutes. I think im just gonna bring a regular camera with me too.

excaliber
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah things are still looking great for the meet, and another tidbit of good news..........im also bringing another member along witch happens to be my best friend, but yeah we'll be there providing there's no major problems.

C U there guys!!!

hope my SVX t shirt gets here in the mail in time to wear it!!

thanks as well for the directions!

LarryIII
12-16-2004, 04:52 AM
To all SVXers who are attending the NJ Shore II SVX Meet,

We should arrive on Long Beach Island at about 10:15-10:10:20 AM in the parking lot. On the way there, we will stop off in the Cherry Hill area and pick up cookies, cake and various other edible yummies ( none for me thanks, I'm doing the lo-carb, lo-sugar thing....well maybe just one). So bring a container of your favorite (coffee, tea, soda) morning brew and we can eat in the parking lot. Bring napkins & Plastic knives & forks, etc. Someone bring a shotgun to keep those pesky seagulls away (lego my egggo, you **#$%&** gull).
See everyone there Saturday morn.

Larry(chomp, chomp) III

PS: Oh, did I mention canoli? :D :D

n00b on demand
12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Dont worry larry....i'll take care of the seagulls ;)

benebob
12-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by excaliber
yeah things are still looking great for the meet, and another tidbit of good news..........im also bringing another member along witch happens to be my best friend, but yeah we'll be there providing there's no major problems.

C U there guys!!!

hope my SVX t shirt gets here in the mail in time to wear it!!

thanks as well for the directions!

Have a good time Excaliper. Wish I could go but the snow is calling.:(

joe2rule
12-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Guys,

I am getting my right wheel bearing replaced as I type. IF all goes well, I am there on Saturday with my 6.3mp digital camera so no worries...

Earthworm
12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
I'm doing the lo-carb, lo-sugar thing....That means no pasta there Larry!

Tim
12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Aw man, if only I didn't have finals on Saturday also :(

TomsSVX
12-16-2004, 08:37 PM
well listen guys i am really happy everyone is getting ready and they are excited as I am. Who like WAWA coffee? It is just the greatest coffee ever!!! anyway I will bring some for you all. I suggest you bring gloves ect. and dress kinda warm. It should't be too bad but it's still gonna be cold. Well i will see you all there.

Also, remember no laughing at my body damage(hey i didn't do it!):confused: :) Ill cya all you there and we are gonna have some fun.

Tom

MoreIBNR
12-17-2004, 07:16 PM
No, Larry, you did NOT mention canoli. Make sure you have at least one for me!!!

Originally posted by LarryIII
To all SVXers who are attending the NJ Shore II SVX Meet,

We should arrive on Long Beach Island at about 10:15-10:10:20 AM in the parking lot. On the way there, we will stop off in the Cherry Hill area and pick up cookies, cake and various other edible yummies ( none for me thanks, I'm doing the lo-carb, lo-sugar thing....well maybe just one). So bring a container of your favorite (coffee, tea, soda) morning brew and we can eat in the parking lot. Bring napkins & Plastic knives & forks, etc. Someone bring a shotgun to keep those pesky seagulls away (lego my egggo, you **#$%&** gull).
See everyone there Saturday morn.

Larry(chomp, chomp) III

PS: Oh, did I mention canoli? :D :D

Namaah
12-17-2004, 09:28 PM
So bring a container of your favorite (coffee, tea, soda) morning brew ...
Larry(chomp, chomp) III

Um... I have no cup holders... I dont wanna spill anything inside... OMG IM NOT GONNA HAVE COFFEE... =-( and then the tears come down...

TomsSVX
12-17-2004, 10:05 PM
i will bring a good amount of coffee. If you show up early call me up and ill jet down there and if you know ur gonna be late call me so we know where you are.

n00b on demand
12-18-2004, 05:30 AM
OK im about to head out to meet Joey and then onto Jersey! See you all there.

n00b on demand
12-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Just got back from the meet. About 270 miles round trip. Im left with a quarter tank of gas. Had a great time guys! Nice meeting you all. On a sadder note I think my tranny fluid is turning brown :(

TomsSVX
12-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I hope this doesn't mean you are selling her?

n00b on demand
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
I hope this doesn't mean you are selling her?

haha nah tom why would i sell? BTW it wasnt brown...i was just paranoid. :)

TomsSVX
12-23-2004, 04:03 PM
You are not paranoid unless they are really trying to get you, and with an SVX, they are really trying to get you;) :D :D :D

n00b on demand
12-23-2004, 08:15 PM
You are not paranoid unless they are really trying to get you, and with an SVX, they are really trying to get you;) :D :D :D

oh i know :)

LarryIII
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Finally had the Reading 6 pictures developed and to my surprise guess what I found.

TomsSVX
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
cool pics larry Thanks for digging them up. It was nice remembering that meet i had a lot of fun talking to you guys.

Tom

n00b on demand
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
alriteeeeee thanks larry! :D