PDA

View Full Version : READING SIX ROOM CONTRACT SIGNED!

svxcess
11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL!

I received the room contract yesterday from Holiday Inn Morgantown and signed it and sent it back. For more details on the contract see this thread:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22439

The only important thing to remember is that the cutoff date for reservations in this block of rooms is Thursday, March 10, 2005 After that, any rooms in the original reserved block are returned to the main hotel availability and any reservations made after that date are provided on a space available basis, with no guarantee of the preferred rate.

Give them a few days to get this contract in the system and then you can call and reserve your lodging. I have already been the first to guarantee a room and at present there are still 34 rooms left. Let's see if we can make this meet so successful that we have to increase the number of rooms needed before the
new year. As you reserve your room, add your name to the list.

Rooms Reservation List
1. svxcess

Rotorflyr
11-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Whats the rate code??

svxcess
11-16-2004, 12:41 PM
No need to remember a rate code. Just tell them you are with the "SVX CLUB" when you call to make your reservations and they will give you the rate.

LarryIII
11-17-2004, 05:01 AM
John,

What are the dates for Reading 2005 ?

svxcess
11-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Friday, April 8 through Mid-Sunday, April 10 , 2005

LarryIII
11-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Thanks John.

CigarJohnny
11-18-2004, 06:46 PM
I have tried unsuccessfully now for two days to make a reservation. Yesterday they were upgrading their computer system and could not make any reservations past the end of this year, then today neither the day or evening shifts heard of the "SVX club" or our special low rate. I finally just left a voicemail for Helen Helms asking her to call my cell when she gets in tomorrow. That said, I will add myself to the reserved list. :)

Rooms Reservation List
1. svxcess
2. CigarJohnny & Mrs. CigarJohnny

CigarJohnny
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
I was noticing the "Attractions" near the hotel and could not help but notice the following:
=======================
Attractions

Maple Grove Raceway (6 MI/ 9.66 KM )
Vanity Fair Outlets (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
Lancaster Outlets (25 MI/ 40.23 KM )
Adamstown-Antiques (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
King of Prussia-Mall (26 MI/ 41.84 KM )
=======================

With luck they will have a "run what ya brung" day that weekend. I predict a lot of SVXen running the quarter mile. :D

CigarJohnny
11-20-2004, 06:36 AM
And it's official. Reservation confirmed. Unfortunately Helen (hotel sales coordinator) never returned my phone call but I just called and they finally have us in their new computer system. And the countdown begins!

Rooms Reservation List
1. svxcess

SVXer95
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
I was noticing the "Attractions" near the hotel and could not help but notice the following:
=======================
Attractions

Maple Grove Raceway (6 MI/ 9.66 KM )
Vanity Fair Outlets (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
Lancaster Outlets (25 MI/ 40.23 KM )
Adamstown-Antiques (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
King of Prussia-Mall (26 MI/ 41.84 KM )
=======================

With luck they will have a "run what ya brung" day that weekend. I predict a lot of SVXen running the quarter mile. :D

Did anyone look into this further?? I think it would be a cool chance to hit the strip.

benebob
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by SVXer95

Did anyone look into this further?? I think it would be a cool chance to hit the strip.

I did look into it last year. It is a little early for them to be running that time plus I don't think they run on Sundays which would probably be the prefered day.

Incidently I run winter autox there and did look into the thought of getting an event on the Sunday last year. There wasn't a whole lot of interest in people willing to commit to stick around for 1/2 of Sunday. If there is a genuine interest I'll look into it again but in reality to get someone to put on the event we're looking at over a thousand dollars at a place like that.

Johnny, Glad to se you're staying in a room this year:D :D

Ciscokid
12-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Rooms Reservation List
1. svxcess
3. Ciscokid

Me be confirmed :D Can't wait

Subafreak
12-31-2004, 09:58 AM
OK so what is the trick? I just tried to make my reservations and they have no idea what I'm talking about. "What does SVX stand for?":rolleyes:

Who do I have to talk to get a room here?

:(

Rotorflyr
12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Didn't think there was a trick, when I made my reservations, didn't have a problem, Just told em' the dates and that I was with the SVX club.
Could the problem be that your a Freak? :D

benebob
12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Subafreak
OK so what is the trick? I just tried to make my reservations and they have no idea what I'm talking about. "What does SVX stand for?":rolleyes:

Who do I have to talk to get a room here?

:(

Holiday Inns must talk to eachother. You're probably just banned worldwide for your little elephant incident.:D

Subafreak
12-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the help guys:rolleyes: :D

Anyway, I first tried to make the reservations online and I type in SVX on group rate and it came up. The amount was $0.00 but the rooms were there. After I filled in all my info and clicked confirm it went to a screen that sayed the page was no longer valid:mad: A few minutes later I noticed I had a conformation E-mail:confused:

So now I have a conformation number for the room on the right dates but the amount is still $0.00:confused: What are that chances I'm gonna get a free room when I show up with my conformation number:cool: or will I be left with no room at all?:mad:

Rotorflyr
12-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys:rolleyes: :D
After I filled in all my info and clicked confirm it went to a screen that sayed the page was no longer valid:mad: A few minutes later I noticed I had a conformation E-mail the amount is still $0.00 :confused:

Thats a tough call, If you don't call to check you may show up to no room, and if you do call, and the room is reserved, you can bet you won't get it for free once they see that.

Personaly, I would call and make sure the room is reserved.
(course a free room would be nice!)

Seraph
01-11-2005, 12:07 AM
A few minutes later I noticed I had a conformation E-mail:confused:

I say... bring the email in as proof. They need a good IT guy. I wonder if I can stay for free, if I fix their mail server.

Seraph
01-11-2005, 12:16 AM
An error occurred.

The data for this page has expired

Will try tomorrow AM

Seraph
01-11-2005, 01:33 AM
On the second thought, I got 2 reservations. So... anyone else need a room? :D

Yeah and it charged me 0 too.

MNYPNNY
01-11-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm going to need a room, but I'd really like to share with someone.....

svxcess
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Its only been 5 minutes... don't everyone rush to take Michelle up on her request :p

Aredub and the first lady are coming, so the Presidential Suite is already taken

Seraph
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
I'm going to need a room, but I'd really like to share with someone.....

Should I offer?

MNYPNNY
01-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah....
So no one cares to share....
I'm booking my own room with 2 beds.... I have room... will sell for premium..... :D

MNYPNNY
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok... so I got the "error" too... what should I do? Call the property and verify? I think so.....

MNYPNNY
01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
So I called the actual property. They are having a computer problem... I will call them tomorrow.... hope I dont end up double-booked....

GreenMarine
01-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey Michelle, you can share a room with me and my GF :D:cool: j/k..... I don't think that ya would really want to do that :rolleyes: