PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing meet in Hagerstown, MD on 11-20-04

Chiketkd
11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Tom (svxfiles) and myself will be at Mason Dixon Dragway (http://www.masondixondragway.com/) for a test-n-tune on Saturday, November 20th.

Gates open at 10am, racing runs from 11am - 4pm and admission is $25 for racers and $10 for spectators.

It'll be cool if SVXers from PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, VA & WV are able to make it.

There might just be a 4.11/4.44 4EAT showdown! ;) :p

-Chike

svxfiles
11-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok, I'll be there.

4.11 vs 4.44 showdown, Huh?
Ok, Jesse, can I borrow your 14 pound seats?

And could you drive?
:D

PS; Do they have senior discounts?

Chiketkd
11-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by svxfiles
Ok, I'll be there.

4.11 vs 4.44 showdown, Huh?
Well, it'll be a friendly match up...

As long as we both head home with new personal bests, I'll call it a good day! ;)

-Chike

P.S. Bill (SVXRide), any chance you might be able to make it out there?

Matthewmongan
11-11-2004, 08:40 PM
i might. i was planning on being drunk but i guess i con do that afterwords (i turn 21 monday) give me a call later this week 443 744 2008.

Chiketkd
11-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
i might. i was planning on being drunk but i guess i con do that afterwords (i turn 21 monday) give me a call later this week 443 744 2008.
I'll give you a call tomorrow around lunch time. I assume your name is Matt? :p

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-11-2004, 09:04 PM
oh and if we drag you can tell all your friends that you took my virginity. never been to a track before.

Chiketkd
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM
oh and if we drag you can tell all your friends that you took my virginity. never been to a track before.
If you're turning 21 soon, you'll lose more than just your 'racing virginity' that weekend! ;) :D

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-12-2004, 05:08 AM
hahaha your a bit late on that one (depending on what your talking about)

svxfiles
11-12-2004, 07:53 AM
A drunken Monk, an aging pissed off biker, and Chi ke...

Chiketkd
11-12-2004, 08:50 AM
A drunken Monk, an aging pissed off biker, and Chi ke...
Ah, I see the trash talking has begun... :p

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-12-2004, 09:00 AM
i am a monk. laymon but a monk none the less. all we need is a pissed off biker dude.

svxfiles
11-12-2004, 09:01 AM
What?

:D

svxfiles
11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
That would be me :o .

Chiketkd
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
That would be me :o .
Ha ha ha! Tom as the drunk biker dude? This meet will have everyone there...

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-15-2004, 09:20 AM
hey if anyone here lives outside md could help me out that would be great. i just turned 21 today and i was trying to buy my dad a bottle of scotch as seen hear http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/liqueurs/glayva.htm only problem is that they dont sell it in maryland or deliware. and i cant order it because the "man" wont let me ship it into maryland. any ideas?

svxfiles
11-15-2004, 09:35 AM
I ordered it locally, here in Cumberland. They tell me it should be here Thursday, after one o'clock. I'll bring it with me Saturday, if it comes in. He said $25.00. Tom

Matthewmongan
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
god bless you

svxfiles
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
god bless you

He has.:)

Chiketkd
11-15-2004, 06:09 PM
I ordered it locally, here in Cumberland. They tell me it should be here Thursday, after one o'clock. I'll bring it with me Saturday, if it comes in. He said $25.00. Tom
I guess you'll really be coming to the meet as an aging pissed of biker with a bottle of scotch to turn our monk drunk! :p

-Chike

svxfiles
11-15-2004, 07:31 PM
If the monk gets drunk, it's all on him,
as a pissed off biker, it's on a whim'
I came to race, and go real fast,
to smoke your skinny Island @ss!
:D :D :D

Chiketkd
11-16-2004, 06:37 AM
:D :D :D
So my skinny ass will be smoked, eh? The trash talking continues... :D :D :D

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-16-2004, 07:16 AM
svxfiles, do you have a supercharged svx?

and did you know that macgiver is on spike tv right now?

svxfiles
11-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Not yet, but if I can hit the lottery tonight, I'll have JATO and NOZZ. ;) :D

Trash talkin is fun! :cool:

green_eyed_lady
11-16-2004, 10:49 AM
If the monk gets drunk, it's all on him,
as a pissed off biker, it's on a whim'
:D :D :D The preceding opinions are not necessarily those of management....:D :D :D

svxfiles
11-16-2004, 01:08 PM
DOH!!!

Chiketkd
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
The preceding opinions are not necessarily those of management....:D :D :D
Thanks Di! :D :D :D

-Chike

SVXRide
11-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Just got the go-ahead from the wife, so I'll be there bright and early on Saturday. I'll have "Austin the videographer" who will hopefully have a steadier hand with the video camera than he had last time we were at Mason-Dixon.
Chike - you will be bringing your custom 4HEAT brake band adjustment tools, right?
-Bill (realizing that now he HAS to get the ECU back in the car....)

Chiketkd
11-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SVXRide
Chike - you will be bringing your custom 4HEAT brake band adjustment tools, right?
-Bill (realizing that now he HAS to get the ECU back in the car....)
Nothing custom, but I'll bring the appropriate sized wrenches. What time will you be there Bill? I should be arriving around 9:30am before the gates open...

Also, will you be racing? Have you installed the new Solenoid C yet?

-Chike

SVXRide
11-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Chiketkd

Nothing custom, but I'll bring the appropriate sized wrenches. What time will you be there Bill? I should be arriving around 9:30am before the gates open...

Also, will you be racing? Have you installed the new Solenoid C yet?

-Chike

Chike,
"Custom" was a joke:D
My guess is that we'll be there around 10:00
I'll be running "C-less"...
-Bill

Chiketkd
11-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Chike,
"Custom" was a joke:D
My guess is that we'll be there around 10:00
I'll be running "C-less"...
-Bill
Cool. I'll look for you. I should be able to tighten up your brake band up a bit if I can break the lock nut loose. That can be a problem for a skinny, lanky guy like myself... :o

I will also need to wait until your engine bay is cool - but we have several hours to play with...

-Chike

SVXRide
11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Chike,
Thanks. I've had the lock nut loosened, as I able adjusted the band by around a 1/2 turn about a month ago -- definitely better now, but still some flare that I'd like to get rid of (another 1/4 turn, maybe?).
-Bill

Chiketkd
11-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Chike,
Thanks. I've had the lock nut loosened, as I able adjusted the band by around a 1/2 turn about a month ago -- definitely better now, but still some flare that I'd like to get rid of (another 1/4 turn, maybe?).
-Bill
Yeah, that's kinda how I do it as well. By little 1/4 turns then I lock it down and see how it drives. I actually need to tweak mine a little 1/4 turn tomorrow. I'll do my best to help you out Saturday! :)

-Chike

SVXRide
11-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Chiketkd

Yeah, that's kinda how I do it as well. By little 1/4 turns then I lock it down and see how it drives. I actually need to tweak mine a little 1/4 turn tomorrow. I'll do my best to help you out Saturday! :)

-Chike

Chike,
You're "The Brake band Man"! Thanks
-Bill

Chiketkd
11-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Chike,
You're "The Brake band Man"! Thanks
-Bill
Well I finished tightening my brake band up today and shifts are nice and firm again without the little flare I was experiencing. Seems like I'm not able to tighten my lock nut down enough to hold it in place - due to my...er...lack of upper body strength. :o

Hopefully it'll stay this time! ;)

-Chike

svxfiles
11-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Me tighten 4 u saterda

Chiketkd
11-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Me tighten 4 u saterda
I tightened mine pretty darn tight today by pulling on the wrench while bracing against the engine. The only downside I see to someone else (who's stronger) tightening the lock nut for me, is that if it ever slips again, I won't be able to break the lock nut loose... :p

-Chike

SVXRide
11-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Okay, today's weather forecast says rain starting this afternoon and continuing until around 6pm on Saturday. I take it that Mason-Dixon doesn't run in the rain?
-Bill (still trying to get his ECU installed after two days of helping his son with a "last minute" school project:rolleyes: )

svxfiles
11-19-2004, 10:55 AM
I just spoke with a mechanic in our shop who races at Mason- Dixon all the time.
He says, that if its raining, they won't let you race.
If the track is wet, they will let you run, but only give you the 1/8 mile times, untill the track is dry.
When the track drys, YEE HA, Chi ke beaten time! Er, I meant, back to the noble contest of speed.
Here is a link that Chi ke had for the latest Hagerstown weather.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/hbh_local.asp?zipcode=21740&metric=0&partner=accuweather&whend=3[

svxfiles
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Matt, I got the bottle last night. Tom

SVXRide
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Gotta love how they think they can give you the weather on an hourly basis (no rain 11 to noon, rain from noon to 1:00, no rain from 1:00 to 2:00)! I work with the scientists that come up with the instruments we eventually put in space and I've gained a great appreciation for the "art" aspect of weather forecasting. This all said, it looks like the front is coming in a little later than originally thought and we might just have some scattered showers to deal with.
-Bill

Chiketkd
11-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I'll be there tomorrow rain or shine! It's going to be a good day...

When the track drys, YEE HA, Chi ke beaten time! Er, I meant, back to the noble contest of speed.
Very funneh... :p I'll just let my right foot do the talking! ;)

-Chike

Chiketkd
11-20-2004, 07:39 PM
...is posted here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22804

We missed you Matt. Tom still has that scotch for your dad...

-Chike

Matthewmongan
11-21-2004, 03:35 AM
my friggin car broke down on 70 no more than 30 min away from the meet. unfortunately i didn't get svxfiles' message till nine that night. but i put on a new belt and its running fine again. i think god hates me.

Chiketkd
11-21-2004, 06:28 AM
I called Tom late last night and he told me about your p/s alternator belt breaking. I'm sorry to hear that. Luckily it's a $10 part at AutoZone/Advanced Auto.

Maybe next season. We plan to arrange another drag meet at Mason Dixon in the Spring.

-Chike

SVXRide
11-21-2004, 10:49 AM
my friggin car broke down on 70 no more than 30 min away from the meet. unfortunately i didn't get svxfiles' message till nine that night. but i put on a new belt and its running fine again. i think god hates me.

Matt,
Sorry to hear about your brake down! Sounds like we need to establish a cell phone calling tree for future events;) We could have had the entire crew over to get your car running!
-Bill (thinking that next time he'll bring his tool bag with him....)

TomsSVX
11-21-2004, 12:48 PM
hey guys if you are up to it, i am hosting a meet and eat on december 18th in jersey. stop on by got a couple people comming out so far.

Chiketkd
11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by tomssvx
hey guys if you are up to it, i am hosting a meet and eat on december 18th in jersey. stop on by got a couple people comming out so far.
That'll be a bit too far for me to travel at this time of year, and the 18th will be right after my dyno runs on the 15th with SVXRide...

-Chike

green_eyed_lady
11-21-2004, 04:57 PM
i am hosting a meet and eat on december 18th in jersey.

Too far for us, I'm afraid. :(

SVXRide
11-21-2004, 06:07 PM

Tom,
Before I say "too far", what exit are you off of the turnpike?
-Bill (married to a "Jersey Girl")

TomsSVX
11-21-2004, 07:33 PM

Tom,
Before I say "too far", what exit are you off of the turnpike?
-Bill (married to a "Jersey Girl")

im not sure, turnpike doesn't really go to where it is, its off the parkway, exit 63. if you want to do a search try rt 72 ship bottom NJ 08008