PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear

moshols vx
11-08-2004, 11:32 PM
This morning the unthinkable happened- i was showing my friend a shortcut.
She was driving behind me. very close. The road was wet...her car is old with rather average brakes.....u can imagine what happened next...

I came to a roundabout. There was a car coming on and usually i would shoot through (as friend expected). I stopped. Bang! hmmmm best friends running into each other is a bit embarrassing. We both got out of our cars in hysterical laughter. svx handled it very well- all intact, just some lost paint across the back bumper- someone recently scraped it when parked so i needed some repairs anyway. Her bmw on the other hand sustained a very dented bumper and loss of grill. whoops

JDW-SVX
11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Look on the bright side - now you have a perfect excuse to replace your rear bumper!

:)

It is nice to know that the SVX can handle a rear impact like that without causing any damage to the body!

Jason.

Chiketkd
11-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by JDW-SVX
Look on the bright side - now you have a perfect excuse to replace your rear bumper!

:)

It is nice to know that the SVX can handle a rear impact like that without causing any damage to the body!

Jason.
Agreed. Glad no one was hurt! ;)

-Chike

MisanthropyV
11-13-2004, 07:48 AM
That sucks!

I likes Arthur's story alot better...At least his story didn't result in damage...

Ummm...bumpers...You're probably better off getting a second hand one from Japan or something. I wouldn't know. All I know is Subaru Australia will charge you a HEAP for a new one...
Look on www.subaruparts.com (is that right Jason???)

Paulie...