PDA

View Full Version : I KNOW you wanna!

MisanthropyV
10-29-2004, 07:52 PM
So, who's up for it, huh? Anyone keen for a cruise on 6th or 7th of November??? Huh, huh, huh???

I'm pretty keen to head on out there and make an impression on all those people who don't know what an SVX is.

I'm keen to cruise ANYWHERE. Any suggestions???

Keen Paulie:D

JDW-SVX
10-30-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by MisanthropyV
So, who's up for it, huh?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Moshol...........Arthur.............

...........where are you?????

:confused:

.........and where is MRS-17J hiding? I haven't seen it (or ANY SVX) lately!!!!

:D

Jason.

Chris_8472
10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Anyone Interested In Cruising In Canberra? There must be a few SVX's out there? Lets do the 7th, I have to work on the 6th hehe!

pylon500
11-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Hi Folks, I've actually been looking forward to doing a drive somewhere, mainly inspired by the fact my SVX has been running well lately.
This'll probably jinx it though! :mad:
Unfortunatley on Saturday night I'll be going to a pretty big engagement party, then returning home to host two visiting families staying with us for said party.
Trust me I'd love to go on a drive, just to get out of the house!! ;)
The only down side I see to getting out looks like being the weather, which is forcast rain for the whole weekend.
I can't even hide in my shed and paint my plane (it's the humidity) :(
Been trying to think of ways to come by $25k to go buy the yellow SVX,
But I'm not allowed to rearrange the mortgage repayments! :D
Arthur
ps, any photos of said SVX yet?

MisanthropyV
11-01-2004, 07:27 PM
That's a pitty Arthur. You haven't been able to come on either of the last two cruises we've been trying to organise. That sucks!

Well, it's up to everyone where and when we go on a cruise, so please post some suggestions. I'll also be in Sydney the weekend of the 27th of Newcastle for a wedding, so we may also be able to go one day that weekend, if that's sounds better (or we can go on both days:) ).

Just give us all a message and tell us when you're avaliable to come on a cruise. I'm sure we're all keen!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

P.S. I removed the cone filter I have and replaced my stock airbox. I THEN dropped in a K&N panel filter. OMG! Highly recommended. The car is the fastest it's ever been. Even faster that when the ECU rom was installed!!! And the best thing is it's washable cotton, so I won't have to buy another filter again (hopefully).

Paulie:D

pylon500
11-04-2004, 07:11 AM
the fastest it's ever been
Just a quick ps to my last post, got a bit of a shock the other weekend when while cruising at quiet ;) SVX speeds down the M5, I noticed people starting to slow up and naturally figured there was a cop up ahead. :mad:
I was right, but what got to me was the fact that he was a slim 6 foot guy in his late fifties, dressed in 'civvies', driving a white VRX(?) Magna with flashing blue lights on the parcel shelf. :eek:
He had just finished writing a ticket for some guy in an MR2, and was walking back to his car when our eyes met.
Fortunately there was a lot of traffic behind me/ in front of him, so I left the area post haste!! :D
Thinks.... Could an SVX outrun the 3.5L all wheel drive Magna? :confused:
This may seem like only one story, but add this to the two guys in civvies I saw get out of a blue Camry after pulling up some hoons in a clapped Commodore in Mascot.....
"Tread carefully, as our freedoms are disappearing!" :(
Arthur.

MisanthropyV
11-07-2004, 04:59 PM
I bought a G-Tech Performance timer the other day, so if anyone is interested in their 0-100, 1/4 mile, and HP to wheel readings, we'll have to have a cruise soon.

For some reason I'm only running 16.08@91.1MPH with a 0-100@7.90SEC...Weird...

Anyways...

Paulie

Chiketkd
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
I bought a G-Tech Performance timer the other day, so if anyone is interested in their 0-100, 1/4 mile, and HP to wheel readings, we'll have to have a cruise soon.

For some reason I'm only running 16.08@91.1MPH with a 0-100@7.90SEC...Weird...

Anyways...

Paulie
Paulie,

questions for you about that G-Tech run:

1) What approx altitude were you at?
2) What was the temp?
3) How did you launch?
4) Was your gear selector in 'D' or did you shift the auto?
5) Did you have any traction problems?

Your trap speed is great (even though g-techs are notorious for indicating higher traps than at the track) which indicates your car is making good hp.

Your SVX will have 3.70 gears which will put 4% more torque to the ground than the US 3.55 gears. My buddy AmazonParrot ran a 15.84 @ 88 mph in a 3.55 geared SVX a few weeks ago...

-Chike

Earthworm
11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
For some reason I'm only running 16.08@91.1MPH with a 0-100KPH@7.90SEC...Weird...Fixed your post (I think)

Chiketkd
11-08-2004, 05:59 PM
I actually picked up on that David as I grew up in Barbados that uses the metric system. A 0-100km/h time of 7.90 is equivalent to ~7.5-7.6 seconds to 60mph.

-Chike

MisanthropyV
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
alrighty...

My bad fellas. It was a 0-60MPH in 7.90 sec and a 1/4 mile in 16.08 seconds@91.1MPH.

Chike. Are you sure about the times being good??? I thought it was supposed to do 15.7 1/4 mile stock. My rear diff says 3.545 on it too. The air was about 17 degrees celcius at about 10 metres above sea level. I tried all different methods of shifting from D, to 3, to shifting through gears, to power mode off, but the 16.08 was in the D position. No traction problems, just floored it. Any suggestions? Will reving the engine and dropping D hurt my baby???

I am, however, running 17 inch wheels. Maybe that makes a little difference.

The time above were the best times I got. My times ranged up to about 0-60MPH in 8.40sec and 1/4 mile in 16.20 seconds.

Earthworm. Thanks for the change. I forgot that bit...

Paulie.

Chiketkd
11-13-2004, 08:31 AM
alrighty...

My bad fellas. It was a 0-60MPH in 7.90 sec and a 1/4 mile in 16.08 seconds@91.1MPH.

Chike. Are you sure about the times being good??? I thought it was supposed to do 15.7 1/4 mile stock. My rear diff says 3.545 on it too. The air was about 17 degrees celcius at about 10 metres above sea level. I tried all different methods of shifting from D, to 3, to shifting through gears, to power mode off, but the 16.08 was in the D position. No traction problems, just floored it. Any suggestions? Will reving the engine and dropping D hurt my baby???

The time above were the best times I got. My times ranged up to about 0-60MPH in 8.40sec and 1/4 mile in 16.20 seconds.

Paulie.
Paulie,

I don't want to tell you to do anything that will damage your trans, but I always brake torque the engine to the T/C stall speed (~2500rpms) and launch from there. That's how I got my 15.32 at the track (as well as how AmazonParrot got his 15.8).

Stock SVX 1/4 mile times will vary due to differences in weight. In USDM SVXs, the awd LSi & LS-L models are heavier than the awd L and LS models by ~100lbs.

The temp and altitude were ideal (17 Celcius = ~58 Farenheit) during your runs. I'd honestly suggest that you do a few more runs and leave your shifter in 'D' for consistency.

-Chike

MisanthropyV
11-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks mate. I'll give it a go on the way home from work tomorrow. It'll be about 11pm then. Perfect temp.

I'll keep you posted.

Paulie.

Also, how hard are you pushing on the accelerator and how hard on the brake when you're about to launch??? Do I just release the brake and floor it from there when I'm ready to run???

Not really important. I'm sure practice makes perfect...

Thanks Chike...

Chiketkd
11-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Also, how hard are you pushing on the accelerator and how hard on the brake when you're about to launch??? Do I just release the brake and floor it from there when I'm ready to run???
Paulie,

I press my brake pretty hard to make sure my car doesn't creep forward at the dragstrip (will cause an automatic red light). I press my accelerator pedal down pretty hard to make sure the revs remain at the stall speed when I launch. I always leave my shifter in 'D' and keep the skinny pedal planted against the firewall during the entire run! :cool:

Keep me posted. I'm sure you'll lower your time by at least 0.2-0.3 secs this evening if you get a good launch.

-Chike

oab_au
11-14-2004, 02:49 PM
alrighty...

Paulie.

Paulie are you sure that the diff says 3.545 on it?

If it has the diff lock fuse. then it should have 3.7 diffs. Its an Aussie model, is't it????????

Don't rev the engine and pull it into D, it will cause the forward clutch to burn up.

Harvey. ;)

Chiketkd
11-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by oab_au
Don't rev the engine and pull it into D, it will cause the forward clutch to burn up.
Yeah, never do this. I hope you didn't think that was what I was implying. I always leave my shifter in 'D' while braking hard and bring the revs up to the T/C stall speed of ~2500rpms...

-Chike