PDA

View Full Version : Sportline Aggressor Spring Heaven!

JDM_SVX_Strider
10-11-2004, 05:06 AM
On the ever-winding roads of this country's highway system, all you ever want is more maneuverability. I found it in the Sportline Aggressor Springs available at www.motorsportwarehouse.com. They dropped my JDM Alcyone nearly 2 full inches in front and 1.5 in back, but the best part is that according to my G-tech Competition Pro, my lateral skidpad went from .82 up to .92 on stock tires! I wonder where I could be if I install some Yokohama DNA 225/45, konis, and some 10mm spacers. Anyone out there have the perfect SVX suspension setup?

1992 JDM Alcyone SVX LS-L: Bradi Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads, Sportline Aggressor Springs, Stage 1 Shifter, HotWires Earth Kit, Inazuma, Cone Filter w/ no resonator.

b3lha
10-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by JDM_SVX_Strider

1992 JDM Alcyone SVX LS-L

Would you mind explaing this? Either your car is a JDM Alcyone SVX, or it's a USDM Subaru SVX LS-L.

It cannot be both. Perhaps you could post your chassis number and some pictures and we could tell you what it really is.

Phil.

Earthworm
10-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the site Strider. It's good to see your results from the suspension upgrade.

I would really like to borrow a g-tech to see actual numbers for the improvement as a result of my mods.

(Ground control coilovers w/Koni strut inserts)

I'd be really impressed if we could get these cars to reach 1.00 lateral G's!

I would probably need better tires before I could reach that level. The Yoko AVS db S2's that I have are a great all-around tire but definately won't give me ultimate dry traction.

Phast SVX
10-11-2004, 01:14 PM
JDM_SVX_STRIDER,

Hey welcome to the network! i have a friend who is currently staying in tokyo for a semester. He says he sees a red/maroon one driving around is that you! Also, he HAS to come home with some jdm parts for me, any suggestions of yards close by?
phil

SubaSteevo
10-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by b3lha

Would you mind explaing this? Either your car is a JDM Alcyone SVX, or it's a USDM Subaru SVX LS-L.

It cannot be both. Perhaps you could post your chassis number and some pictures and we could tell you what it really is.

Phil.

Maybe he bought one of the SVXes on ebay that keep popping up with JDM engines for some reason :rolleyes:

JDM_SVX_Strider
10-11-2004, 03:16 PM
From what I have seen over here in Japan, there are three models of SVX. The embarrassing 4 cylinder with FWD, a BOXER with FWD, and a BOXER with AWD. Mine is the latter, and has all the same options as a USDM LS-L. Sorry if I threw y'all off there. I guess I didn't fully explain that.

As for your buddy at college, ask him where he's seen that car. If I'm in downtown, I'm usually on the Chuo expressway, Minato Mirai, or Roppongi.

SubaSteevo
10-11-2004, 03:20 PM
From what I have seen over here in Japan, there are three models of SVX. The embarrassing 4 cylinder with FWD, a BOXER with FWD, and a BOXER with AWD. Mine is the latter, and has all the same options as a USDM LS-L. Sorry if I threw y'all off there. I guess I didn't fully explain that.

As for your buddy at college, ask him where he's seen that car. If I'm in downtown, I'm usually on the Chuo expressway, Minato Mirai, or Roppongi.

There is no 4cyl SVX ;)

JDM_SVX_Strider
10-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Of course not with the years '92 - '97. Back in the mid 80's, the Alcyone was powered by a 1.8 liter 4 cyl. A few FWD's were out there, but mainly AWD. Emabarassingly underpowered, even when they installed a turbo on it. Hopefully this clears that up.

BUT THAT'S ALL A DIGRESSION!

Back to the point of this posting, I was originally looking for suspension advice about my '92 Alcyone. Anyone got any bright ideas about that, short of what was previously annotated?

FlagstaffSVX
10-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Should I say it? Naw, I'll let someone else take care of that... :D

Welcome to the club Strider. JDM = cool. :cool:

Green1995SVX
10-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Up until 91, the Alcyone was an XT, not an SVX. It became the model we know and love in 1991 as the Alcyone SVX, and was only offered in japan in awd, 6 cyl form. In 1992, the svx was offered in the Version E, and Version L forms. The Version E had purple ecsaine interior, and the Version L had black leather interior with 4 wheel steering. Optional on all models were: Cruise Control, Sunroof, Airbag, and Trunk mounted CD Changer. :)

Version E:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Green1995SVX/6846.JPG

Version L:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Green1995SVX/6845.JPG

THAWA
10-13-2004, 12:36 AM

I think you're confusing waht a boxer is, all subarus except the 360 series, the justy, the traviq, and the sambar series have boxer engines AFAIK

Weebitob
10-14-2004, 07:52 PM
I always thought the SVX can obtain .92gs' on the skipad stock? :confused:

Pure_Insanity8
10-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Weebitob
I always thought the SVX can obtain .92gs' on the skipad stock? :confused:

I have seen .84 and .87 from reputable car magazines... and I think only once that I've seen a .92, and that was from a mag that I found to be less than accurate in most cases.

Motorsport-SVX
12-31-2004, 10:32 PM
I havent heard from you but glad everything worked out well.
If you get a chance, post some before and after pics :)

svxfiles
01-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Earthworm
Welcome to the site Strider. It's good to see your results from the suspension upgrade.

I would really like to borrow a g-tech to see actual numbers for the improvement as a result of my mods.

(Ground control coilovers w/Koni strut inserts)

I'd be really impressed if we could get these cars to reach 1.00 lateral G's!

I would probably need better tires before I could reach that level. The Yoko AVS db S2's that I have are a great all-around tire but definately won't give me ultimate dry traction.
I recomend the G-tech, I've run three simultainiously, and the results were very consistant, pix in my locker.
Naturally, after I just bought three, the price went down:rolleyes:

But at $30 plus shipping why not get your own?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46100&item=7938585556&rd=1 :cool:

justiceSVX
01-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Woah! What a deal! Where's the catch? DOes this version of the g-tech alert the authorities whenever you're speeding or something?!

svxfiles
01-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by justiceSVX
Woah! What a deal! Where's the catch? DOes this version of the g-tech alert the authorities whenever you're speeding or something?!
If it does, I AM SO BONED!!!!!!!!

deruvian
01-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by svxfiles

I recomend the G-tech, I've run three simultainiously, and the results were very consistant, pix in my locker.
Naturally, after I just bought three, the price went down:rolleyes:

But at $30 plus shipping why not get your own?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46100&item=7938585556&rd=1 :cool:

Get my own?! That's exactly what I just did! Thanks for that link man... I'm hella stoked now! I've never seen a Gtech for a price that low. Here's hoping that it actually works. :D

Bobb
01-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Matt, Do you know the guy selling the G-techs on E-Bay? Take care, BOBB

ThetaReactor
01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Think that's just the first-gen model, actually. The newer ones have little LED shift lights or summin'...

They're gray, too, I think.

thundering02
01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
It is the original and severly cheap and thats why they are now so cheap and I have bought mine off of ebay but it was for 40 dollars about 2 months ago. the unfortunates is that Ive only used it once.

immortal_suby
01-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobb
Hey Matt, Do you know the guy selling the G-techs on E-Bay? Take care, BOBB

Don't know him, but I wouldnt bother with a first gen gtech - I have one and it is more a pain in the neck to use than anything. The newer ones look like they have alot more features and an easier to use interface.
Although - 30 bucks ain't too bad a deal. I felt ripped off after paying $140 for mine and when I used it wasnt that impressed.

Come to think of it, I loaned my gtech out about 6 months ago to a friend and haven't missed it until now!

svxfiles
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
I havent heard from you but glad everything worked out well.
If you get a chance, post some before and after pics :)
BEFORE
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/23489.jpg

AFTER
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxfiles/23812.jpg

1.75" drop in front, 1.5" drop in back, with a LS-L lightened 163lb.

Motorsport-SVX
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I plan on putting a set of those springs and same rims
on a black Svx I have here waiting for a trans.
Thanks for the pics :D
I need to put your car up on our site tonite

SilverSpear
01-03-2005, 07:14 AM

Strider, I am glad the forum gained a 100% Japanese guy, finally.... So long I wondered what is like the SVX's in Japan. Everybody know that Japan produces cars which are not all made for the whole world, but rather for only their country... when you said you have 4 cylinder SVX, I didn't have hard time believing it even though I thought it was impossible.. but I even expect one day to hear of a certain twin turbo 3.8L SVX or even a V8 SVX (having another manufacturer's engine in it)... GUYS JAPANESE TUNERS ARE A NUTCASE ON THEIR OWN!!! don't be surprised of anything that might pop out of Japan concerning cars tuning..

Strider we are a very curious forum, we like to grab to anything that might modify our beloved car... we are very much interested in seeing some mods done on Japanese SVX's. once I saw a japanese forum concerning the SVX (I forgot the e-address) showing a red one with a bunch of Japanese guys around it... I hope you can keep us posted with some pics of that gr8 car...