PDA

View Full Version : Final Hotel Rates For Reading Six

svxcess
09-13-2004, 07:04 PM
(This is a duplicate of the post on the Reading VI Planning Thread to make sure that it gets noticed.)

I just finished speaking with Tara Mieczkowski, Group Sales Rep. for the Lancaster Holiday Inn, (site of last year's meet). Their hotel has also gone through a major renovation as well, but there is still the inconvenience of the limited bar facility and the Greyhound bus stop in the parking lot is still operating 4 times a day.

She gave me an initial offering of $80.00 plus tax for two double beds and $84.00 plus tax for the king suite.

After a lot of convincing from my end, she came down from that original price to the following rate:

Rooms with two double beds are $53.00/night, plus 11% tax for a total price of $63.27/night. She is also offering the king suite for $57.00/night plus 11% tax for a total of $63.27/night.

Personally, I felt I should not have had to talk her down to the lower rate. She said that it was because of their renovation, I informed her that her competition (Morgantown) renovated as well and their price came down from what it was 3 years ago. It was only after she was convinced how much she raised our price over last year that she reconsidered.

Here are the final rates for both hotels as of Monday, September 13, 2004

MORGANTOWN HOLIDAY INN (original location)
Two queen beds or one king bed for 69.95/night plus 11% tax. Total: $77.64/night

LANCASTER HOLIDAY INN (last year's location)
Two double beds for 53.00/night plus 11% tax. Total: $58.83/night or
One king bed for 57.00/night plus 11% tax. Total: $63.27/night

These prices are based on a reserved block of rooms similar to last year (25-30).

In all fairness, maybe Larry III and myself, or any other club member who is interested, should make a visit to each of them to ascertain first-hand what we can expect.

NomadTW
09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
a VERY key consideration is does the morgantown location have a public computer in the lobby. how else could we auction some piece bent glass for an exorbinant sum of money to some guy who is't even there.;)