PDA

View Full Version : Turbo update (last)

SVXtasy
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi
This should be the last update before my turbo SVX is on the road. I have just gotten my ECUtune stage one and will be using it for the 87 oct. code to reduce timing so I can run more boost. The car is almost done just some minor piping stuff to do and that should be it. I have a few new pictures in my locker. Crossing fingers for next week. :)
Enjoy.

SVXtasy

Chiketkd
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Nice, nice, NICE!!! Those new pics look really cool...

That's pretty neat thinking to use the ECUTune Stage 1 chip to run the 87 oct code for the reduction in timing! ;)

With your turbo'd and intercooled set-up, how much boost would your car be able to run safely? Any guesstimate on how much the hp and torque increases will be?

Congrats and I hope everything gets wrapped up next week! :)

-Chike

svxsubaru1
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Great job. Just wondering how much timming is retarded with the ECU stage 1 on the 87 octane code, VS stock? Iam sure running it richer will also help. This has probley been asked before but what fuel upgrades are you going to do?

rob_4187
09-01-2004, 03:51 PM
What kind of turbo and intercoler are you using? How is the intercooler going to be mounted? The only suggestions i got from local shops were to hollow out the bumper and cut slits in my fender (like rx7s) and use a small water cooler.

SVXtasy
09-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Rob
The IC is a front mount. There are some good pictures in my locker of the set up. The turbo is a T3/T04E, 57 trim, .62 a/r, oil and H2O cooled, with a stage 5 hot side.

svxsubaru1
Thx! I have no idea how much the timing is reduced. When talking to ecutune I did not gat a reply to that question. About the fuel; there is a pic. In my locker of the additional injectors that I am going to be using with a HKS AIC that should be more fuel then I will ever need with the stock compression.

Chiketkd
Thx again! I have no idea how much boost I am going to be able to run but I think something like 5-8lbs I know that is quite a range but I am also at 5000 ft so that will help. I am not sure about the HP gains but if we look at similar setups on Subaru’s with a 10:1 compression. Even with low boost the gains are quite substantial.

homemade wrx
09-01-2004, 05:05 PM
what equipment do you have for monitoring?
You should have an EGT and Wideband O2 sensor...otherwise you won't know when things go bad or how much power you may be wasting. Any knock sensor?
Take it easy, Micah
just don't want to see all this progress go boom...

SVXtasy
09-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I have no illusions this project will go boom at some point. But thanks for the concern. I have an HKS CAMP system for the gauges; egt, boost, AFR ect… The CAMP sys is cool because I will have no ugly gauge pods in the car. take a look thee is a pic. in my locker

SVXtasy

homemade wrx
09-01-2004, 07:23 PM
cool glad to hear you have the bases covered...so if/when the engine goes boom do you plan on custom low compression pistons?

SVXtasy
09-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I dont have much money so i was thinking about using Turbo Leacy pistons.

svxsubaru1
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how much the 5spd will be able to hold, ecpecialy if its a cable operated one becasue no one seems to know.

So the HKS AIC adds injectors to the intake manifold the will start to work when the car sees boost? Were did you mount the injectors?

SVXtasy
09-02-2004, 03:23 PM
The 5-speed will hold if I don’t beet the hell out of it (we will have to see if I don’t). The last picture in my locker shows the location of the injectors. They are mounted in a custom mini-manifold right before the throttle body.

homemade wrx
09-06-2005, 10:35 PM
1 year update?...

TomsSVX
09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, with the stage 2v4 and all of that nonsense how is the car running anyway?? As you know I am digging into my own project and I would like to get in touch with you just to take notes from things you have experienced.. what plugs you are using and so on

Tom

SilverSpear
09-10-2005, 12:22 AM
I dont have much money so i was thinking about using Turbo Leacy pistons.

That i wanna witness... the greatest mystery of all MODS... :confused: :confused:

Loki
09-12-2005, 08:44 PM
So how do I get to your locker?

BTW: I still want my SVX back guys... nothing else matches it...

SVXtasy
09-13-2005, 02:37 AM
ok well i know i have not updated the website in sometime and i have been workign on the car but i have been very busy. the car is still slow. i cant figure out what is wrong with it, it feels liek the timing is beign reduced a huge ammount as soon as i start producing pressure. so i have no idea i have the eManage on the car but i have yet to tune it. the 370cc injectors are working well. the ecutune z32 maf is working. not much more to say. the car has problems lots of them i need to get a new TPS because mine is dead and i think this is part of the drivablity issues that i am having with the car. i drive it most weekends. i have also lost both of the stock o2 sensors due the the stupid place i mounted them in my setup. i will update the website sometime soon. sorry if i have not gotten around to answerign all the questions, school i hell and i need ot get through.