PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Lower seat cushion

WestCoastSVX
11-29-2001, 10:08 AM
I am looking for a front seat cushion, I only need the lower half. The foam on my driver's seat is damaged to the point that the outside bolster is almost non-existent. I noticed this when I replaced my worn leather and tried to "enhance" it with duct tape:D , but there is still a lack of support in that area.

I am thinking that the driver and passenger seat cushions are the same as far as the foam piece I'm looking for is concerned. Also it shouldn't matter if it is from a cloth or leather seat, and of course color is no concern either. I've struck out so far with everyone parting out SVXes, because if there seats are still in good condition of course they are selling them as a whole. But maybe someone has a spare set of junked seats sitting around with torn coverings, etc.

rufus
11-29-2001, 01:35 PM
Troy-

What are you willing to pay for said cushion? I am going to pick up some wheels from a guy in New Jersey who is parting out his car. The seats look to be in nice shape, and I would be interested in the cover only (mine is a little worn). I may go ahead and buy the entire seat from him, if he doesn't want too much for it. I can add what you are willing to pay for the cushion to what I am willing to pay for the leather, and see if he'll take it for the whole seat. If you are interested, let me know by Friday night (11/30). Remember, I have only seen the seat in a photo so far; I may change my mind when I see the condition in person, so I cannot guarantee I am going to buy it.

-Mike

WestCoastSVX
11-29-2001, 02:07 PM
Mike - I'd pay $25 + shipping for one in real nice shape. Go ahead and add that into your offer and I'll hold off on anything else until I hear otherwise from you. Thanks!!!

rufus
11-29-2001, 02:23 PM
I'll let you know this weekend if I get it or not.

rufus
12-03-2001, 10:22 AM
Troy-

I did not buy the seat, so alas no cushion to send you. As it turns out, they looked a lot better in the pictures than they did in real life. Not that they looked bad, just not better than the ones I have.

Anyway, good luck, and if I find a potential deal on a seat in the future, I'll keep you in mind.

-Mike

WestCoastSVX
12-03-2001, 11:36 AM
Thanks for keeping me in mind. And good luck in finding some leather too.