PDA

View Full Version : New Guy With Problem!

tatman
11-27-2001, 10:01 PM
Hi all. I have a serious problem. I apologize ahead of time, because this will be long. My poor svx has been in the shop for about 2 months now. It would run great for about 15 minutes, then it was a real bear to try and keep running. I took it to a local garage(not the smartest thing I ever did) First off it took them a week and a half to get the proper cable. They hooked it up to their diagnostic unit and said the sensors were bad(o2, crank, cam). Needless to say, It took a while to get the sensors in(still waiting on the crank sensor). Didn't fix anything. Service engine soon light went out though. Now they ordered a computer for it. I don't know if this will fix it or not. It better. They said that one side was running real lean(think driverside). They are at the point of removing and replacing parts to see what will fix it. I am not real happy. I don't know if this is enough info for anyone to help. If not ask away and I will find out the answer. I hope somone can give me a lead so I can help those retards out and get my *&%$&%* car back. Thanks. I hope! Take care.
Brian

Aredubjay
11-27-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by tatman
Hi all. I have a serious problem. I apologize ahead of time, because this will be long. My poor svx has been in the shop for about 2 months now. It would run great for about 15 minutes, then it was a real bear to try and keep running. I took it to a local garage(not the smartest thing I ever did) First off it took them a week and a half to get the proper cable. They hooked it up to their diagnostic unit and said the sensors were bad(o2, crank, cam). Needless to say, It took a while to get the sensors in(still waiting on the crank sensor). Didn't fix anything. Service engine soon light went out though. Now they ordered a computer for it. I don't know if this will fix it or not. It better. They said that one side was running real lean(think driverside). They are at the point of removing and replacing parts to see what will fix it. I am not real happy. I don't know if this is enough info for anyone to help. If not ask away and I will find out the answer. I hope somone can give me a lead so I can help those retards out and get my *&%$&%* car back. Thanks. I hope! Take care.
Brian

First of all, Brian, welcome to the Network. Sorry it had to be under these circumstances, but, once things begin to get fixed, come here and have fun. Secondly, how close are you to Reading (actually Morgantown?) We're planning our annual meet their on the 5,6 and 7 of April. You can be one of 30 SVXes there. Hope you can join us.

Thirdly, your mechanics didn't really need a cable. There is a self-diagnosis procedure that could tell you about the various sensors that may have gone bad -- but, that's past history. If you hang around here long enough, you'll learn more about the car than you'd EVER want to know -- and, may I add, from good people.

Fourthly -- go here and print out this chart, and see if any of the symptoms match. Then, take a copy to your mechanics:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/aredubjay/vwp?.dir=/My+Folder&.dnm=General+Engine+Troubleshooting.jpg&.src=bc&.view=l&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/aredubjay/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bFolder%26.src=bc%26.view=l

Fifthly, Beav or Chris will have to take it from here. They're knowledgable and trustworthy REAL SUBARU mechanics.

Again, welcome!