PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Mini Meet

SVX-FF
08-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Ok
This is for all the people that could not make it to Reading. I am thinking about starting a Twin Cities Mini Meet (TCMM). <--yes no?
Anyway I know that Anoka has a lot of car events through out the summer. I will be checking tem out to see if we could have a meet there too. I am not sure what it will take but I'm game. Beside why should all the Eastcoaster have the fun. :p
It you have an idea please let me know. Other than that sigh uP!!!

1. SVX-FF

Steve

Earthworm
08-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Can we have something further north? :p

We don't get much in terms of meets in the central areas. How many members are in or within 1 state/province of MN?

SVX-FF
08-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Earthworm
Can we have something further north? :p

We don't get much in terms of meets in the central areas. How many members are in or within 1 state/province of MN?

So far it is just you and me. Mark and SvxNordic87
had some intrest in it. That is all that I have heard from.
Ferther north would be cool too. I have no idea were so I am open to sugestion.

Steve

Earthworm
08-09-2004, 05:22 PM
How long of a meet would you suggest? (single day/entire weekend)

SVX-FF
08-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I was thinking about a gathering in Grand Rapid, MN during the fall. There is a road called Edge of the Wilderness (http://www.visitgrandrapids.com/link_outs/scenic_byway.html) that we could go for a drive on. The Americana Motel (http://www.visitgrandrapids.com/link_outs/americana_motel.html) has rooms for $33.00 a night. Somthing like a Friday night, Saturday show than drive, dinner, drinks. About the same as what was done in Reading.
Any other ideas or sugestions would be great.

Steve

P.S. some time in September I think too

SvxNordic87
08-10-2004, 09:46 AM
It'd be awesome to have a mini meet, but wouldnt it be more convenient for most people if it was close to the cities? I'd definetly be in if it was within like an hour of the cities. Hopefully more people will sign up so it can happen.

Earthworm
08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Grand Rapids would be ok. It's still further for me to drive than you but I don't mind that.

I only drive through there when going to meets. I've never stopped.

I'll be busy the first weekend in September because of a car show but other than that my schedule is open.

http://www.cruisindauphin.com/

Earthworm
08-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Actually I was just checking and the best weekend for me would be the 18/19.

I'll probably be attending car shows every other weekend in September.

Sept 4/5 - Cruisin' Dauphin
Sept 12 - 10th Annual Flashback Weekend – Manitoba’s largest FREE car show
Sept 26 - 12th Annual Toy Run

Actually if anyone is interested in attending any of these shows let me know and we'll hook up.

I recommend the Dauphin show. It's a nice drive and lots of entertainment in addition to the car show.

SVX-FF
08-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SvxNordic87
It'd be awesome to have a mini meet, but wouldnt it be more convenient for most people if it was close to the cities? I'd definetly be in if it was within like an hour of the cities. Hopefully more people will sign up so it can happen.

I am open to sugestions. I do not know this area to well. I will need help in a place or places to do this. Grand Rapids will offer us a nice "vacation" away from the city and a good country drive. I really miss seeing hills and little mountains.
You are looking at about 250 buckd for the whole weekend. thats not a bad deal. If not give me another idea.

Steve