PDA

View Full Version : Colorado meet Sept 25th - Steamboat Springs

MNYPNNY
07-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi all.
I'd like to arrange a meet in Steamboat Springs on September 25th in conjunction with the Colorado Cog Rally race. See http://www.coloradocogrally.com/default.aspx

We can meet early on Saturday morning at a centralized location (yet to be determined) then find a good location to watch the action, and of course, cheer Subaru.

If you need lodging suggestions, just let me know.

See you there!

shelfy
07-31-2004, 12:33 PM
i think this will work for us!

Green1995SVX
07-31-2004, 02:22 PM
Wow that sounds really fun

shelfy
07-31-2004, 05:36 PM
you comin' mike? :D

DearPrudence
07-31-2004, 10:11 PM
:(

I seriously doubt my baby will be recovered by then, but I might go anyway. It's close enough to SLC to make a weekend trip out of it.

:D

MNYPNNY
08-01-2004, 12:00 AM
any and all are welcome.... svx or not...

tancred
08-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Oh you know I will be there michelle for moral support....I will bring my SVX, looks like every paycheck from now til then will be going towards getting my SVX re-refixed. LOL..damn SVX...

tancred
08-04-2004, 09:01 PM
I am debating if i should bring both SVXen and enter one in the rally just for the meet. I have my parts car running, and i wouldnt really care if it hit a tree or 2 or 4.

Uncamitzi
08-05-2004, 10:15 AM
I've got it marked and will plan on it.

tancred
08-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Ooooh mitch is gonna come down too..its gonnna be just like old times...

Alycone
08-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I wanna go to CO, that was one of the states I missed on my last road trip. Probably too far away to go this fall though. :(

shelfy
08-19-2004, 08:40 PM
sounds like this meet's actually going to happen! yay, michelle! :)

MNYPNNY
08-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Even if there are only 2 cars I don't care. I think the rally is going to be fun. I spoke with the rally organizers today and they will have a spectator's guide posted on the website right after Labor Day. We can then figure out a good location from which to watch. I'm still trying to find a good, easy-to-find location for us all to meet. Steamboat doesn't have very many large parking lots along the main drag. For anyone coming over from the front range, a nice drive would be to take I-70 west to the Wolcott exit, then head up through Oak Creek. Nice little twisty drive.

boundsie
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Any new info on this meet? The wife and I are thinking about going just to give her Suby a little cruise. Also, we've never seen a real rally. Sounds like a neat trip. We might drive interstate over to Laramie and then down and take the twisty road straight east from Steamboat on the way back to Nebraska.

shelfy
09-13-2004, 09:43 PM
i think it's still happening. i am still planing on attending. :cool:

MNYPNNY
09-14-2004, 08:09 AM
I waiting on a spectator's guide from SCCA. They are supposed to be mailing one out to me today. Then I will post more details. However, my preliminary plan includes us all meeting for breakfast on Saturday morning. Once I have the spectator's guide, I will post a reminder thread over in Babble.

subymtnguy
09-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Hi Michelle and the rest of the Colorado gang! I am still around and check the forum every few days. Have been VERY busy with work, and a couple of real estate deals...

Not sure if I will be able to make the meet this time; however there is a possibility....

Michelle- please e-mail me your cell# , I seem to have misplaced it! :(

Uncamitzi
09-17-2004, 08:57 AM
I'm going to try to leave work early on Friday (next) What is the the get there plan?

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:14 AM
I was hoping to have a spectator guide already so I could find out where watching locations are and what time everything starts. They were supposed to mail me one, but I haven't gotten it yet.
My idea is to meet for breakfast at 8:00 or so on Saturday morning. There aren't many places in Steamboat for several cars to meet up (at least no place convenient), so I figure if we park wherever and all meet at the restaurant, we can coordinate from there. We'll be staying Friday night in Hayden and Saturday night in Steamboat.

Got my alignment done and 4 new tires! Penny's ready to roll!

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok, so I just checked the website and the race is scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, so I guess we need to decide what time we want to meet. I need that spectator guide!!!!

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:31 PM
So I now have the spectator guide and I have it figured out. I've even determined which of the stages will be our best bet to watch. In my locker are two pages which explain the superspecial and the service area. I think these are probably the most accessible and happen at the best time of day.
We should meet in Hayden around 8:30 or so for breakfast. There's a nice little hometown restaurant on the main road through Hayden which has great breakfast. It's called the Food Mill. (Nothing like Mel's Diner in Reno, Mitch!) I'll try to get Penny parked right on the street in front of the restaurant so you all know where. However, Hayden's not that big of a place! We have to be at the superspecial event before 10:45. After that we can go to the service area for a bit as the cars come through. After that, we can figure out whatever else we want to do. I'll bring a few copies of the pages from the spectator guide to hand out.
Sound like a plan?

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh, and there is a display of vehicles and a fan appreciation event Sat evening as well. Later in the evening they are going to be showing video from the day's race at one of the sports bars we like to go to in Steamboat. Will probably be really crowded, though, would be my guess.

There are 2 STis competing, and a total of 9 Subarus across all classes.

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by boundsie
Any new info on this meet? The wife and I are thinking about going just to give her Suby a little cruise. Also, we've never seen a real rally. Sounds like a neat trip. We might drive interstate over to Laramie and then down and take the twisty road straight east from Steamboat on the way back to Nebraska.

Are you going to be able to make it west?

MNYPNNY
09-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah again, if anyone needs directions, let me know. There are also generalized maps posted on the Colorado Cog Rally website (see link in first post).

shelfy
09-20-2004, 10:52 PM
bump! :)

UT_SVX
09-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know how long it really takes to get to Steamboat from Salt Lake? Mapquest says 6 hours 48 min. but I went there quite a few years ago and it doesn't seem like it took that long. I am trying to see if I can maybe leave early Saturday and meet y'all and then drive home that night. So if anybody knows that drive let me know. Darren

MNYPNNY
09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
I think mapquest and yahoo exaggerate. They both send you I-80 when I think US 40 may be faster. True it's not interstate, but I think it's a shorter distance.

Darren, I'll PM you my cell phone number.

Uncamitzi
09-23-2004, 10:58 PM
go down to Price and through Grand Junction. US 40 is pretty two lanish (new word) and you have to slow to 35 or 25 every time you go through one of the 200 cities between here and there. Also when I did it last year they were working on it from the Utah border to Steamboat Springs.... But if I leave early I may try it anyway

MNYPNNY
09-24-2004, 12:03 PM
(only 9 "cities" between the CO border and Steamboat on US 40)

*ducks*

Uncamitzi
09-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
(only 9 "cities" between the CO border and Steamboat on US 40)

*ducks*

Leaving now... 12:45pm....

We'll see you there... I'll call you when I get into Colorado