PDA

View Full Version : MUST SELL '92 Touring

micah
11-19-2001, 05:12 PM
Guys,

I have a pearl/black '92 with the Touring package. I had intended to keep this car as a winter driver but I recently took a pay cut and I'm in dire financial straits.

The car has 82k miles. The transmission was rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago.

Flaws:
-Small paint scuffs on FR and LR bumper. I'll get pix ASAP.
-It's got that mystery security problem where the keyless doesn't work.
-Dye wearing on steering wheel.

Other than this the interior and exterior are in A-1 condition. Mechanicals are perfect. I bought this car at 50k miles and it has had Mobil 1 put in ever 3k miles.

I am going to get a payoff quote tomorrow but I believe it will be in the low $5k range, and that's what I need to get. Tell your friends!

Edit: The car is located in central SC but I will deliver anywhere practical. I _really_ need to ditch this car...

Thanks in advance,
mbs

Aredubjay
11-19-2001, 06:24 PM
Micah,
Sorry to hear about the financial difficulties. Seems like they're hitting us all. Best of luck to you. Sorry you have to sell the car. If it were possible, I'd take yours . . . and Jeff's . . . and Huck's Laguna . . . and . . . . :D

immortal_suby
11-28-2001, 04:13 PM
My dad has had me looking for a nice southern SVX for him for a while now. He wants me to buy one, drive it here for long enough to fit a tranny cooler and assure that it is in good shape and then he will drive it up to NY where he lives. If you're still going to sell it I'd like to take it for a test drive and check it out. As long as there is nothing wrong with it I think your price in the 5k region is reasonable. If it's in better shape than mine he may just get the old switcheroo. I don't live very far away so let me know when a good time to take a test drive would be.

Green1995SVX
11-29-2001, 11:21 AM
Every day I realize more and more how much i got shafted on my car. $7000 for a 95 L with a bad transmission. As-Is and 91,000 miles. I could have done better. Much better. And to think it was on the lot for 12,900. YIKES. I wish i knew then what i know now. Oh well. Buyer Beware eh? :D

-Mike

Aredubjay
11-29-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Every day I realize more and more how much i got shafted on my car. $7000 for a 95 L with a bad transmission. As-Is and 91,000 miles. I could have done better. Much better. And to think it was on the lot for 12,900. YIKES. I wish i knew then what i know now. Oh well. Buyer Beware eh? :D

-Mike

Here, Mike. Let me make you feel better. Try $8,990 for a '92 LS-L with 109K miles and a LEGACY transmission, "As is." Feel better now?

Green1995SVX
11-29-2001, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Here, Mike. Let me make you feel better. Try $8,990 for a '92 LS-L with 109K miles and a LEGACY transmission, "As is." Feel better now?

Much beter, thank you randy. :rolleyes: ;) :D

-Mike

calmone
12-02-2001, 09:47 AM
my advise (although i find it hard to take myself) is that after one buys a car NEVER go back to the ads and see what else is available. ya always find a better deal a week after you made your buy!

Aredubjay
12-02-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by calmone
my advise (although i find it hard to take myself) is that after one buys a car NEVER go back to the ads and see what else is available. ya always find a better deal a week after you made your buy!

Very true. I think, in the auto sales business, it's called "Fishin' upstream."

carpedick
12-07-2001, 08:59 PM
I agree with all of you. I always end up finding a cheaper one. I think I made out decently, 92 lsl, 47.5k, tranny needed rebuild 20k later, bought it for 8900. It's horrible that these cars have dropped so low. I'm always seeing them sold for under 5, as low as 3 on ebay...

Aredubjay
12-08-2001, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by carpedick
I agree with all of you. I always end up finding a cheaper one. I think I made out decently, 92 lsl, 47.5k, tranny needed rebuild 20k later, bought it for 8900. It's horrible that these cars have dropped so low. I'm always seeing them sold for under 5, as low as 3 on ebay...

Thank you, carpe, you've made me feel much better now.

I paid 8990.

carpedick
12-08-2001, 12:28 PM
I know and for 60k more.....bummer