PDA

View Full Version : Sound clip of KC exhaust

SVX10
04-01-2001, 07:52 PM
Well, in an attempt to address the issue of KC vs. Stebro vs. custom exhaust, I made a sound clip of my SVX accelerating through 1st gear. Because of the simple fact that I am using a low end laptop, I have a loose heat shield and some crappy recording software, it isn't real accurate, but it give a slight idea as to how the KC exhaust sounds. If somebody else would take up recordings of stock, Stebro, and custom exhausts, that would be awesome. I tried to attach the file, but it's a .wav file, so I can't. Is there a a way to change it?
SVX10

Note: Edited by SVX Admin
(file type is a .wav and the file has been changed to match -- also .wav has been added as a possible file attachment now)

SVX10
04-01-2001, 07:57 PM
Well, I tried to make this file downloadable, but I'm having trouble making it work on my computer. If it doesn't work for anybody else, give me some info on how to make it work. Thanks

cdigerlando
04-01-2001, 08:54 PM
Great job! Mine sounds a bit different. Probably due to the turbo and the lack of two converters. I have not been able to run the rpm up as much as you did. Sounds great.

Phast SVX
04-01-2001, 09:10 PM
That dosnt sound too bad. Ill get a clip of my flowmaster setup and the 18" resinator and put it up.

Red SVX 92
04-01-2001, 10:17 PM
I had to rename the file to .wav instead of .mp3 to make it work.... Try it, and see if it works for you.

tober76b
04-02-2001, 02:17 PM
the .wav worked for me -- even autoplayed.
how did you have your microphone setup?
toby

SVX10
04-02-2001, 06:24 PM
I taped a regular microphone to my bumper about 2" from my exhaust tip. I ran the microphone wire through the trunk to my laptop in the front seat...I closed the trunk, but not completely. I didn't want to crush the microphone wire. That's all. I had to make a few runs at different distances from the tip. Still want to hear some of the other setups.
SVX10

joeaux
04-02-2001, 06:49 PM
In a word: sweet! Sounds sweet. The boxer makes a very distinctive, throaty sound that I've always loved. Heard a WRX? Nice.
-joe-

SVX10
04-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Well, I heard a WRX on a commercial last night...AWESOME! I can't believe how good of a commercial Subaru made for the WRX, it actually made me want to buy one. Well, now I've heard a WRX, but still no other SVX's. Is anybody still gonna do that, or should I delete this thread? Not trying to be a prick, just don't want to clutter up the message board with dead threads.
SVX10

cdigerlando
04-05-2001, 06:39 PM
I should try that with my KC exhaust. The turbo and the single high flow cat produce a slightly different sound. Inside the car you can hear the wooshhhhh of the turbo spinning up, and the blow off valve squeeking when you let off the accellerator. A whole bunch of new sounds to get used to. When I removed the resonator and made a cold air cone intake extending into the fender, you could hear a ferrari like sound from the SVX, that you can't hear now with the loud exhaust.

The WRX is very quiet. I do not have the STi exhaust. The boxter engine reminds me of a volkswagon engine only much quieter. You can also hear a slight wosh of the turbo, but a lot less than the SVX.

Ferrari vs Volkswagon. I prefer the ferrari sound. I still prefer the SVX in a lot of ways to the WRX. However the WRX drives like a little race car. Very nimble quick when moving, and really pulls to pass. Can't wait till they come out with a K&N. Then I will do the STi exhaust. Those will be all the mods it gets until stuff needs to be replaced. I may even do something different than the STi.

svxboy
04-06-2001, 12:51 AM
I will soon try to post the sound of my exhaust system. -Greg