PDA

View Full Version : S4 Japanese Catalogue for Sale

Jamsvx
11-14-2001, 06:40 AM
I thought that I would advertise it here first rather than Ebay....at least give the gang first go!

I am selling a mint condition Subaru SVX version S4 catalogue.. full colour, about 20% larger than A4 - naturally in Japanese!:p

I will give it till this time next week (midnight Wednesday 23rd November) to see how people respond.

Payment: em.....US funds or International Money order in Australian dollars

Postage: Buyer pays, their choice of air or surface mail or courier...I will make inquiries for the buyer and advise of the cost.

Price: Here's the tricky part. I'm not selling it below $70US dollars. Why? Because I think, from comparision to items that I have bought, bid on or seen sold, to be worth it.

If you want to pay more, then post the price in the thread. My preference is not for private email deals because:
a) I am offering here first since this is where I think it would be most appreciated
b) I think whoever is willing to pay/wants to pay should have the ability to at least get a week to think about it....ie, not a case of the first person who sees the thread gets to buy it before anyone else sees it! That favours night-owls like me and the like:D

Anyways, thought I would offer it here first.

Regards

James

PS: a picture of the cover is in my locker.

cocacola08
11-14-2001, 07:01 AM
Randy will be breathing down your neck shortly i'm sure.

cocacola08
11-14-2001, 07:02 AM
I would too, but 70 is slightly out of my range

Jamsvx
11-14-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by cocacola08
Randy will be breathing down your neck shortly i'm sure.

How come?

Jamsvx

svxcess
11-14-2001, 03:35 PM
James,

Did you get my email? Would you be willing to sell me the Japanese S4 catalog for 145.00AUD, plus air shipping? If so, please advise shipping cost and I will send you a USPS International Postal money Order for the entire amount.

I have 2 other Alcyone SVX catalogs in Japanese but not this one. With the size of your collection of SVX material, why are you selling this?

I now have UK, German, and Japanese brochures for the SVX. I also have a contact in Leone, France which has tracked down a French SVX brochure. It will be interesting to see how the French market a sexy car like the SVX...

Please let me know.

Jamsvx
11-15-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by svxcess
James,

Did you get my email? Would you be willing to sell me the Japanese S4 catalog for 145.00AUD, plus air shipping? If so, please advise shipping cost and I will send you a USPS International Postal money Order for the entire amount.

I have 2 other Alcyone SVX catalogs in Japanese but not this one. With the size of your collection of SVX material, why are you selling this?

I now have UK, German, and Japanese brochures for the SVX. I also have a contact in Leone, France which has tracked down a French SVX brochure. It will be interesting to see how the French market a sexy car like the SVX...

Please let me know.

That works out throught the currency conversion. If no one else wants it, then its yours.....I gave it a week so your very rapid response shows you are as obsessed as I am!!

Our "bidding wars" have demonstrated that!:D

With the size of my collection????? :confused:

The French take on it would be very interesting.....seeing the different marketing perspectives is what makes it so interesting.

Thanks for the interest!

Regards

James

cocacola08
11-15-2001, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jamsvx

How come?

Jamsvx

Well that is if he doesn't already have it anyway?

But since he hasn't posted on it yet, I'm guessing he already has one.....

Or i could just stick foot in mouth again....

Jamsvx
11-17-2001, 04:56 PM
SVXCESS is buying the S4 catalogue.

Its going to a good home :)

Thanks for looking

Jamsvx

Aredubjay
11-17-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by cocacola08

Well that is if he doesn't already have it anyway?

But since he hasn't posted on it yet, I'm guessing he already has one.....

Or i could just stick foot in mouth again....

Nope, didn't join in on this one. I've pretty much gotten all the brochures I want: Prototype; 92 Pre-debut; 92 Showroom -- all US versions, of course. I really don't need to pay "big money" for something I can't read. :D The only "little extras" I've gotten are the R&T Guide and a Post Card announcing that the SVX won the Popular Mechanics Design and Engineering Award for 1992 -- oh, and the "Drive so fast you'll get so many tickets, you'll lose your license" ad, because I was well on my way. :D The back of the post card reads, "A Great new automobile is known by the company it keeps --- Subaru SVX is the only car under $30,000 (based on the MSRP as of 4-10-92. Does not include dealer prep., inland transportation, tax, license and title fees. Dealer's price may vary) selected for the Popular Mechanics Design and Engineering Award 1992 -- Other Award Winners included Dodge Viper R/T, Mercedes Benz 600 SEL and Cadillac Seville. To experience the thrill and sheer driving pleasure of the Subaru SVX, stop in our showroom and ask for a test drive. To set up an appointment, please clal me at the following:"

Of course, the card had never been stamped with the dealership's name nor had it been posted. Plus, one of the only reasons I bought it is because it features . . . yes . . . a Pearl/Black SVX on the front. :D