PDA

View Full Version : "Car for sale, part car"

SVXsnubb
06-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Hallo

I have read this forum about the car Pottsy informed us about.
And also about Joe´s car. Sorry to hear that.

What happend with the car? Is it sold or not?
Peters idea, as a spare car, sounds interesting for me to, even for a resonable price and far away.
I need also some parts.
Used car parts is deficiency shortcoming here in Sweden.
I have found only one SVX at a wrecker here.

Lars

pottsy
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Still fiding out whether the car is still for sale - I have a good feeling that it is. I know Joe is after rear bodywork and associated kit - he's got first call on this since to date he's the only one to ask for it.

It would be great if one of us had a field/garage somewhere we can store the car and any other that come around so that we have a common source as required. We have this problem that since we are not an owners club like some of the traditional outfits in the UK for Triumph/MG etc etc - we are at a distinct disadvantage in this area - and at the behest of the Subaru rip off merchants.

Not sure how best to move forward in this area.

Perhaps we can have a chat 'in the round' over a few beers on the summer meet in Billing Aquadrome - by the way - I'm going but still dont know who to book in with - its all gone quiet!!!

Its a big move to make but perhaps we should create a formal owners club - this might well be an alien idea to many to hate the idea of such an organisation since our cars are relatively new - but lets face it, they have had a relatively short life in sales terms, spares are in short supply and we need to stick together!

A bit cheesy for me to say this since I've only owned my SVX for a number of months but I've had a large number of classic cars in the past (and lets face it - thats what they are classed as for insurance purposes - if not you are getting ripped off with the wrong policy) so we need to be pragmatic.

Perhaps I'm wide of the mark - if so let me know - but as 'nobody' has stressed in his posts, spares are a rip off, so any source there is out there (ie parts cars) we should secure for the common good. Other owners clubs have the finances to secure such cars - we do not - perhaps we should think about it.

Pottsy