PDA

View Full Version : Caliper Rattle

CDG
06-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I have had a rattle in the front end for as long as I can remember, I replaced my front pads with some Ceramic pads and that improves the braking a bit, but Ceramics do tend to squeek once in a while. Anyways, while I replaced the pads I noticed that the calipers were pretty loose.
Since each caliper has one perminent slider and the other is a bolt, so you can remove it and swing the caliper to replace the pads. I have not looked into the caliper construction, but are there bushings in the caliper sliders, or must I replace the calipers, sliders and the bolts to remove the rattling caliper problem?
I read threw some posts where other have had the same problem and replaced the calipers, that resolved the problem, I'm willing to do this but would need a source for rebuilt calipers???

lee
06-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Before buying rebuilt calipers, first check to make sure the bolt that the caliper rotates on is snug. Several of us have found the bolt to be loose, which contributes to the issue. Pull back the rubber sleeve where it connects to the hub...and I think a 12mm wrench will tighten it up.

CDG
06-13-2004, 11:03 AM
So the slider bolt did appear to be loose, that could be my issue, I'll check that today. Thx.