PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow SVXers

svx_james
06-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Hello all my name is James Hughes from Canberra i study forestry and science as a double degree, i own a black 4WS SVX and i love it to bits ;) . I have owned it a year and purchased it from Howard in Sydney, a great bloke. I am sorry i havent been posting on this forum i have been busy with my university degree or maybe it was just nerves :( . I woud be honored to take photos of the 4WS mechanism under my car, but im far from being a mechanic :(
I hope everyone will except me in the SVX clan ;) :D and sorry for not posting before hand.

grnSVX96
06-10-2004, 11:02 AM
How good is that !!
what was the history on how this car got in to Oz, what extra bits other than the obvious does it have over the std Oz cars..extra buttons etc fire off some more photos for your locker:p

svxistentialist
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Hello James,

You are very welcome to the network.

One of the members in the UK has a 4ws model also, real nice car.

A few pics in your locker would be good alright.

With a name like Hughes, you must have at least some Irish blood in you so that's a good start.;)

{OK, OK, I know I am biased:rolleyes: }

Welcome mate, and like green96 says, give us more info.

[Tongue hanging out\] {Don't have a Smilie for that, the sticking out tongue one does not convey anticipation!!:D }

Joe:)

JDW-SVX
06-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Welcome!

:D

........mmmmmm.........4WS AND 4WD...............!

Let's see some pictures...........!

:D :D

Jason.

Jamsvx
06-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi James

Glad you made it here - was down in Canberra on Tues but a flying visit so could not catch up

Anyways, great to have an ultra-rare SVX here

Cheers

James

*what a great name!!*

LarryIII
06-11-2004, 04:40 AM
Hello james,

Welcome to the SVX family.

Enjoy the ride.

svx_james
06-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Thankyou all for the very warm welcome :D i would be honored to tske these photos, problem is im not sure what im taking pictures off:( any help telling me were i should take them, is the 4WS mechanism towards the back, sorry im not sure :( i have exams in a week for my university so i may not get the pictures till i finish but ill be sure to have them soon, along with more photos from my baby ;)

grnSVX96
06-11-2004, 10:21 AM
take some shots externally from the rear with whees turned on lock so we can see the 4WS !! and also a shot of dash lit up with all your warning lights happening I think you'll have extra goodies indicating 4WS ...and do you have any buttons around your auto shift ..our models only have the Manual button on the shifter itself..then perhaps later up on a hoist a pic looking into rear wheel wells would be of interest to the technical folk as well as folk like me who would just look at the pic and say like Ricthie Benaud ...simply marvellous !!...anyway pics at your earliest convenience...AND how did this car get into Oz anyway... a special import...its nearly as good as having the rare 'yellow' SVX ..one only in Oz

Look forward to hearing and seeing more:p

Reece
06-27-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by svx_james
Hello all my name is James Hughes from Canberra i study forestry and science as a double degree, i own a black 4WS SVX and i love it to bits ;) . I have owned it a year and purchased it from Howard in Sydney, a great bloke. I am sorry i havent been posting on this forum i have been busy with my university degree or maybe it was just nerves :( . I woud be honored to take photos of the 4WS mechanism under my car, but im far from being a mechanic :(
I hope everyone will except me in the SVX clan ;) :D and sorry for not posting before hand.

James,

Welcome. That now brings the total (that I know of) in Canberra to 7. 3 Silver, 2 Charcoal/Black, 1 Bugundy, and my son spotted a Pearl White one (with recent plates) yesterday out in Gungahlin. I'm currently o/s and won't be back for a couple of months but when I get back it looks like we definitly have the numbers for a dedicated Spring-time event in Canberra. What do you think?

Reece

svx_james
06-29-2004, 01:09 AM
yes i think thats an excelent idea ;) it would be great to see some other svx's in canberra, they always seem to be hidden from me when im driving, i think i have a curse :(
Great idea though and id love to meet up :D