PDA

View Full Version : ECUtune Stage 1 OBDII signup

Landshark
06-04-2004, 04:00 AM
if you are interested in a ECUtune Stage 1 for your 96/97 SVX, AND actually have the money ($179) and want to purchase one, sign up here!

1. Landshark

Chiketkd
06-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Count me in! From what Michael said, seems like the cost will be somewhat greater than $179 as we'll need to cover the cost of development for the OBDII ECUs.

2. Chiketkd

P.S. If not a lot of people sign-up, and the cost of the $600+ part is shared by a few people, the price may be a little out of my reach until August. Hopefully we'll be able to get the price down to <$300. Want to be completely upfront about this from the start. ;)

alltrac
06-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Yes, I want one too. Michael, make sure you don't use a OBDII ecu from California as they have a different code. My car was first sold in Oregon so I should be alright.

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac

alltrac
06-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Three people that sucks. Come on where are all the 96/97 owners. Your cars are not collectables so sign up.

Landshark
06-05-2004, 09:43 PM
sign up folks! depending on whether i can get a Stage1/Stage3 has a direct effect on how long i'm keeping this car. i realize that i really need more power than the 'ol SVX is providing. it just isn't giving me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Chiketkd
06-05-2004, 10:40 PM
alltrac and Landshark, could either of you take some pics of the inside of your OBDII ECU and send it to Longassname? I literally spent the entire day working on my car with newsvx, Ron Mummert and svxcess and didn't get time to take any pics.

I know these pics can really help Michael in determining whether our ECU's will match up with the OBDI cars...

Thanks! :)

-Chike

P.S. As you'll see in the Tech forum, my AWD is broken, and I'll need to fix this first before buying the ECU upgrade. It shouldn't pose too big of an issue, but is an added expense I'll need to take care of ASAP!

Landshark
06-07-2004, 10:46 AM
i'm in the same boat - i have so much stuff to do around the house its not even funny. i don't even have time to wash my car!

alltrac? please?!?!?

edit: i can try to get the pics, but it might be a while.....

alltrac
06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Can someone tell me where the ecu is?

svxsubaru1
06-07-2004, 03:49 PM
It is under the drivers side dash. It is right next to the sterring colom.

Chiketkd
06-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Go to Immortal_Suby's locker. He has pics on the ECU crush mod. It'll show pics on how to remove the ECU.

I have no metric tools which is my biggest barrier in being able to take the pics...and when I was at newsvx's place this weekend, I literally had no time to pull my ECU. :(

-Chike

alltrac
06-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Okay im going to the wrecking yard this weekend to buy a spare ecu from a OBDII SVX. My camera takes crapy pictures so I will just ship it to Michael.

Chiketkd
06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
There's a wrecked '96/'97 SVX near you? Hmm... I need a part from one to fix my awd.

-Chike

alltrac
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
They have a 96LSi but it has high miles:(

Chiketkd
06-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Mileage really doesn't matter for the part I need...

alltrac
06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
PM me so we don't get this thread off track.

thumper_svx
06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
You know, I'd be up for this... but I'd rather hear from owners of older cars to see if the stage I works for older SVX's...

Call me careful in my old age <grin>

SVXer95
06-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by thumper_svx
You know, I'd be up for this... but I'd rather hear from owners of older cars to see if the stage I works for older SVX's...

Call me careful in my old age <grin>
I will give an update as soon as it is installed.....

starsh0t
06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
i am in as long as I can pay by other means then paypal..

drivemusicnow
06-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm in except for the whole money issue... damn money, i could come up with it by the time you got the thing out, and i'd definitly want one, so... yeah, i'm in

Landshark
06-09-2004, 11:19 PM
so far we have.....

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. starsh0t (depending on non-PayPal payment)
6. drivemusicnow

keep the list goin'! me want it ASAP! :D

newsvx
06-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Okay, I'm in. I'll add myself to the list:

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx

Still not real sure what this mod gives us - even after reading some of the back posts. Does anyone have a "one liner" to describe it?
Thanks,
Harry

Chiketkd
06-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Yay, Harry! Shoot Matt (Immortal_Suby) a PM. He's had his installed for a couple of days now and can answer any specific questions you might have about the chip...

-Chike

P.S. Thanks again for those rotors! :)
Originally posted by newsvx
Still not real sure what this mod gives us - even after reading some of the back posts. Does anyone have a "one liner" to describe it?
Thanks,
Harry

Landshark
06-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by newsvx
Thanks,
Harry

thanks for joining up! :)

the ECUtune mod is a "plug in" power increase for the SVX, particularly helping with low end power by adjusting the conservative Subaru ECU maps. i don't know what the gains are, but Immortal_Suby reports a nice noticeable low end increase!

i consider it an extremely great mod, given the price. look at what you pay for other performance mods with respect their gains -exhaust systems, headers, cold air intakes, etc. - big money for not a lot of increase. i hope we can get it done!

longassname
06-15-2004, 08:48 AM
bump

starsh0t
06-15-2004, 06:44 PM
so this thing gonna happen or whut?

longassname
06-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by starsh0t
so this thing gonna happen or whut?

Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.

alltrac
06-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Hello guys, my contact was not there last weekend. I will try again this weekend as my work schedule does not permit any weekdays. Does anybody know if a California OBDII SVX makes less HP? versus an out of state OBDII SVX? I always read car brochures that rate California and NY cars with a few less HP. I don't know when CARB (http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm) passed their standards onto automakers for selling vehicles in California. I will call tomorrow and get the vin# and post a new thread for a carfax. Crossing fingers.

Chiketkd
06-15-2004, 09:44 PM
are we looking at once you get the ECU? $179 or something significantly higher?

-Chike
Originally posted by longassname
Ya, if all 7 are confirmed and commited to purchasing then I'll make it. Just waiting on the ecu now.

longassname
06-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Chiketkd
are we looking at once you get the ECU? $179 or something significantly higher?

-Chike

I think just because there are so few obdII cars out there I may do $199 for obdII cars.

Chiketkd
06-15-2004, 09:51 PM
That's a fair price. I'm definitely in!

-Chike
I think just because there are so few obdII cars out there I may do $199 for obdII cars.

longassname
06-15-2004, 09:55 PM
hopefully thumper will get in on it too now that a few obd1 reviews are in.

Chiketkd
06-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Maybe Bwana might also since he picked up that '96 SVX L over the weekend...

-Chike
hopefully thumper will get in on it too now that a few obd1 reviews are in.

subezealot
06-15-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm new to this, but I'm in. As long as I get some instructions and can pass the tree hugging CA smog test I'll be happy. My 96 is an all California car, but not sure if its any different than other states. Is this the type of upgrade that requires me to get a separate ECU to modify, therefore to swap out with my stock unit? BTW, if you need my ECU for research, I could donate mine for a few days.

Cheers

Bwana
06-16-2004, 01:13 AM
I might be in. Switching cars has left me a little behind on (non-transferable) mods compared to the old one. Maybe I could hold off on the tint, and do this instead. I'll let you know.

Chiketkd
06-16-2004, 08:56 AM
So we're up to:

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana (maybe)

Chiketkd
06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Bump.

I want this chip!

-Chike

P.S. I bumped the wrong thread earlier! :o

mikecg
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I want one, but I have a 94 L.......:(

Chiketkd
06-28-2004, 12:59 PM
You're in luck. The chip is already out for your car! Go to www.ecutune.com and click on the SVX link.

-Chike

P.S. The site was down this morning, but may be back up again.
Originally posted by mikecg
I want one, but I have a 94 L.......:(

longassname
06-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Ya it sever will be back up shortly. Got the new server set up and switched the dns to it then took it back down to instal isa and didn't get it back up before the dns propagated. I should be done in a couple of hours though.

longassname
06-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I got the ecu from alltrac. Oh boy, not what I expected. Looks more like the current ecu's than the obdI ecu. There's no rom socket so forget about using our memory adaptor. The memory should be flashable though. So there is good news and bad news. The solution for your obdII cars will be very cool. The bad news is it isn't something I can do in a week like if the ecu was socketed. Just hold tight for now. I'm going to keep quiet on this one till I'm closer to done. That includes the timeline for now.

SVXer95
06-29-2004, 10:09 PM
I got the ecu from alltrac. Oh boy, not what I expected. Looks more like the current ecu's than the obdI ecu. There's no rom socket so forget about using our memory adaptor. The memory should be flashable though. So there is good news and bad news. The solution for your obdII cars will be very cool. The bad news is it isn't something I can do in a week like if the ecu was socketed. Just hold tight for now. I'm going to keep quiet on this one till I'm closer to done. That includes the timeline for now.

Reflash that plugs into the diagnostic port?

drivemusicnow
06-29-2004, 10:35 PM
maybe it'll be like the thing my dad has for his WRX.. basically you can pick and choose maps to upload.. everything from valet, to anti theft, to +bigger turbo exhaust intercooler and such.. cost him a pretty penny though:( was hopeing for a similar cost.. would be cool though

Chiketkd
06-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Longassname, can you give us an approximate time frame? 1 month, maybe 2?

Do you think the cost will still be $199 or will it go up some? :confused:

-Chike

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Bwana
06-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Yeah, it will probably have to be along the lines of what Cobb does for WRX's. You send them your ECU, and they reflash it, then send it back. Im not sure on the cost, but it definately is more then $200.

That's probably what you are talking about drivemusicnow.

Landshark
07-30-2004, 06:06 PM
any news, Michael?

longassname
07-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Landshark
any news, Michael?

nope, we're still in secret territory. alltrack do you want this ecuback? i don't think i'm going to need it

Landshark
07-30-2004, 06:26 PM
alltrack do you want this ecuback? i don't think i'm going to need it

is that a good thing or a bad thing????

longassname
07-30-2004, 06:36 PM

is that a good thing or a bad thing????

it has no significance

Chiketkd
07-30-2004, 08:49 PM
And the plot thickened! ;)

-Chike
...we're still in secret territory.

drivemusicnow
08-02-2004, 12:36 PM
No my dad has this little thing from Cobb that basically stores 10 ECU maps.. and you can upload any of them in about 10 minutes.. so if you're leaving your car in a bad neighborhood or something, you can upload an "anti -theft" map, that only allows teh car to hit like cuts fuel so the car can't be started, or theres a valet mode that won't let the car over 3500 rpm.. and you can switch back and forth whenever you want to.. theres also built in performance modes. basic tuning with out any modifications, then built in codes for cobbs "stage" kits.. its pretty cool

Chiketkd
08-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Several OBDII cars like the EVO, STI, SRT-4, etc. have the ability to do an ECU flash, where the fuel maps (boost maps in the case of turbo'd cars) are changed. Prices usually run between $200-$400 for these services and you normally have to mail them your ECU.

-Chike
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
No my dad has this little thing from Cobb that basically stores 10 ECU maps.. and you can upload any of them in about 10 minutes.. so if you're leaving your car in a bad neighborhood or something, you can upload an "anti -theft" map, that only allows teh car to hit like cuts fuel so the car can't be started, or theres a valet mode that won't let the car over 3500 rpm.. and you can switch back and forth whenever you want to.. theres also built in performance modes. basic tuning with out any modifications, then built in codes for cobbs "stage" kits.. its pretty cool

drivemusicnow
08-04-2004, 03:38 PM
the entire point of this is that you DO NOT mail in your ECU.. you can change the maps yourself, within about 10 minutes.. theres a little tool that YOU plug into your OBDII diagnostic connector, and it loads a map of your choosing into the computer...

shelfy
08-04-2004, 04:32 PM
how did i miss this thread?

Landshark
08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
the entire point of this is that you DO NOT mail in your ECU.. you can change the maps yourself, within about 10 minutes.. theres a little tool that YOU plug into your OBDII diagnostic connector, and it loads a map of your choosing into the computer...

it takes 10 minutes? the anti-theft map doesn't seem like such a cool feature now.

i want to get the AccessPort for the wife's WRX. wonder if she'd notice? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Chiketkd
08-04-2004, 09:18 PM
That is one option available out there which is definitely the most convenient. However 'dyno flashed' ECU programs are much more common and inexpensive...

Those handhelds that you can buy from Cobb and upload various programs into your ECU through the diagnostic port are great, but are more costly due to the additional hardware you're purchasing...

-Chike

Landshark
08-05-2004, 06:21 AM
That is one option available out there which is definitely the most convenient. However 'dyno flashed' ECU programs are much more common and inexpensive...

Those handhelds that you can buy from Cobb and upload various programs into your ECU through the diagnostic port are great, but are more costly due to the additional hardware you're purchasing...

-Chike

not real useful for a NA car, but great for turbo-charged cars. if you want to add a turbo-back exhaust, load the new map and your at Stage 2. add a few more goodies, load stage 3. you only pay for the Accessport once.

NikFu S.
08-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Erroneus post.
I have a 92. :rolleyes:

Landshark
08-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by NikFu S.
Erroneus post.
I have a 92. :rolleyes:

thanks for the BUMP, though. :D

Landshark
08-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Michael,

<Dr. Evil> could you throw me a frickin' bone here? </Dr. Evil> :D

will the OBDII stage 1 become a reality? just a simple yes or no? i'm flip-flopping every day about my car situation - if you're doing the OBDII deal, i'm going to order some new wheels, paint my rear bumper, and enjoy the SVX for a few more years. if not, its STi time!

thumbs up/thumbs down......please?

n00b on demand
08-07-2004, 08:43 AM
if you are interested in a ECUtune Stage 1 for your 96/97 SVX, AND actually have the money ($179) and want to purchase one, sign up here!

1. Landshark

So its only 179 for the chip right? Hmm I'm pretty interested but first i wanna know what the benefits are and what i have to do once i get this chip. :confused:

Landshark
08-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
So its only 179 for the chip right? Hmm I'm pretty interested but first i wanna know what the benefits are and what i have to do once i get this chip. :confused:

it will probably be a little more than $179, due to the limited number of 96/97 SVX's. it will STILL be the best bang-for-the-buck performance upgrade you can buy for the SVX.........if it gets made?!?!?!? :confused:

edit: just saw that you have a '93 - this is the signup for 96/97 OBDII-equipped SVX's. there is a stage1 upgrade available for you already for $179 - see the ECUtune stage1 review thread or do a search for more info on it.

shelfy
08-07-2004, 10:30 AM
i should commit.

Landshark
08-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by shelfy
i should commit.

DO EEET!

longassname
08-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Michael,

<Dr. Evil> could you throw me a frickin' bone here? </Dr. Evil> :D

will the OBDII stage 1 become a reality? just a simple yes or no? i'm flip-flopping every day about my car situation - if you're doing the OBDII deal, i'm going to order some new wheels, paint my rear bumper, and enjoy the SVX for a few more years. if not, its STi time!

thumbs up/thumbs down......please?

OBDII stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and stage 4 will become a reality. Just hang tight and I'll let you know what we've got for you when we've got it. A note to everyone else, don't consider this a dead thread. Continue signing up.

Landshark
08-07-2004, 12:10 PM

OBDII stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and stage 4 will become a reality. Just hang tight and I'll let you know what we've got for you when we've got it. A note to everyone else, don't consider this a dead thread. Continue signing up.

Stage 4? :eek: JATO rocket boosters? :D

thank-you, Michael! wasn't sure if it was going to happen or not. i will give this a healthy bump from time to time. :)

Bwana
08-07-2004, 01:16 PM
I've upgraded my status from "maybe" to "definate".

Get crackin! :D

Chiketkd
08-07-2004, 02:11 PM
1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy (maybe)

longassname
08-07-2004, 06:14 PM

Stage 4? :eek: JATO rocket boosters? :D

thank-you, Michael! wasn't sure if it was going to happen or not. i will give this a healthy bump from time to time. :)

Stage 4 will be the supercharger on a built engine. We've already researched and sourced close decking the block and je forged pistons to drop the compression ratio to 8.5. This will allow either using the nitrous on the supercharged engine or supercharging for more horsepower.

Rotorflyr
08-13-2004, 03:18 AM
So any further word on the Stage 1 for the late models?

Mikey
08-28-2004, 08:56 PM
If not too late. Sign me up.

I have a 96, so I'm pretty sure it will need the OBDII. (I also have a 92, but I think it uses another type of ECU.)

After I convert to a OBDII Stage I, do I understand correctly that I can upgrade to the OBD Stage II, when it becomes available? :confused:

Chiketkd
08-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mikey

I have a 96, so I'm pretty sure it will need the OBDII. (I also have a 92, but I think it uses another type of ECU.)

After I convert to a OBDII Stage I, do I understand correctly that I can upgrade to the OBD Stage II, when it becomes available? :confused:
You're not too late. Nothing has been made for the OBDII cars yet...

To answer your question about upgrading to the Stage 2 later, yes it can be done and Longassname says it'll be at a discounted price (if you've already bought the Stage 1).

-Chike

longassname
08-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mikey

Don't confuse the OBDI and OBDII with Stage I and Stage II. OBD stands for On Board Diagnostic System. OBDI ecu's (engine control unit) were in all SVX's through 1995. Starting in 1996 the ecu's were OBDII ecu's. This thread is a sign up for Stage I performance code for OBDII ecu's. It's a sign up because we haven't developed the products for the OBDII ecu's. We do however already offer both Stage I and Stage II for your 92 SVX. Visit our website at http://www.ecutune.com/subaru_svx.htm

Mikey
08-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

Actually, I meant "can I upgrade to the OBDII Stage II when it becomes available", but my fingers screwed up!

Anyway, I'm very interested, so count me in.

Keep me posted!

Landshark
09-04-2004, 08:44 AM
BUMP

any info on availability yet? i'm sure the hurricanes aren't helping. :( stay safe down there.

SpoonChucker
10-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Go ahead and add my name to the list... I don't like the idea of pay pal either.

Chiketkd
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Updated list:

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd (may get OBDI if '92 ECU is a match)
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy (maybe)
11. Mikey
12. SpoonChucker (depending on non-PayPal payment)

-Chike

97LSi004
10-06-2004, 06:00 AM
Count me in for a probably, but still thinking.

longassname
10-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by 97LSi004
Count me in for a probably, but still thinking.

Are you from Mass? Your new nickname is Mr Kerry :D

subezealot
10-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm still totally in. Just got my 96 back from several months of separation related to the 5 speed manual surgery. But man it was worth the wait. The manual with the magnaflow makes it a lot of fun. I want to go as agressive as possible with the ECU...is there anything different about tuning the ECU related to having a manual?

Landshark
11-02-2004, 04:38 PM
bump!

longass, any progress on the OBDII ECU? i'm starting to hear the call of STi's in my head.........:eek:

Chiketkd
11-02-2004, 04:40 PM
bump!

longass, any progress on the OBDII ECU? i'm starting to hear the call of STi's in my head.........:eek:
Really? Heck, if I heard that call I'd run with it... :D :D :D

-Chike

P.S. Only the 4EAT SVX call in my head. Would like a nice 2-seater though as a second car (300ZX TT, NSX, 350Z, etc.)

Landshark
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM

Really? Heck, if I heard that call I'd run with it... :D :D :D

a "quicker" SVX will keep me happier for a little longer (and keep more money in my pocket. ;) :D )

alltrac
11-02-2004, 06:19 PM
bump!

Don't hold your breath Alan OBDll SVX's make up very few. Stage lll is whats on the plate right now. I think it's ironic that most 96-97 owners would actually be able afford a stage lll but we will be the last to see anything. Good way to alienate potential buyers.

Chiketkd
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by alltrac
Don't hold your breath Alan OBDll SVX's make up very few. Stage lll is whats on the plate right now. I think it's ironic that most 96-97 owners would actually be able afford a stage lll but we will be the last to see anything. Good way to alienate potential buyers.
We're not being alienated and Michael will take care of us in good time... ;)

-Chike

Landshark
11-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by alltrac

we've gotta a pretty decent sized sign up list. i'd just like a ROUGH estimate as to when it might be available.

my right foot is getting itchy. ;) :D

shelfy
11-03-2004, 12:13 AM
take me off the "maybe" list. driving the legacy for a couple of months now leaves me wanting a little more oomph when i'm in the svx. count me in when it happens. :)

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd (may get OBDI if '92 ECU is a match)
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy
11. Mikey

Chiketkd
11-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Updated. Included 97LSI004 as a probably and removed the possible OBDI from my name as the ECUs are not inter-changeable.

-Chike

1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy
11. Mikey
13. 97LSi004 (probably)

William Covert
11-04-2004, 06:01 PM
I Would buy one as soon as they are available. I hope it is sooner rather than later.BillC.

Landshark
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
bump. any word? before next summer?

shelfy
11-14-2004, 10:55 PM
are we getting impatient? :D

Landshark
11-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by shelfy
are we getting impatient? :D

i can wait patiently, i'd just like to know how long i'll be waiting. :D

rount5
11-22-2004, 01:03 AM
Newbie here, just picked up a '96. :D :D :D

Definately count me in!!!!

Chiketkd
11-22-2004, 07:20 AM
1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy
11. Mikey
13. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. William Covert (if sooner than later)
15. rount5

-Chike

longassname
11-22-2004, 02:43 PM

i can wait patiently, i'd just like to know how long i'll be waiting. :D

lol, very understandable. unfortunately for other reasons I can't keep anyone updated on our progress here. It's just going to be "suprise here it is." And that day will be someday :p

Landshark
11-22-2004, 05:43 PM
lol, very understandable. unfortunately for other reasons I can't keep anyone updated on our progress here. It's just going to be "suprise here it is." And that day will be someday :p

d'oh! will it be here before the new Gran Turismo game is released (2009)? :D

William Covert
11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
I will buy one sooner OR later.Whichever comes first.:D
BillC

Chiketkd
11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Honestly, the timing of the OBDII Stage 1 release isn't the biggest issue for me as much as the price. When I get my Xmas mod money, I wouldn't want to put aside $250.00 thinking that'll cover the chip only to find out later I'm $100+ dollars short... :o

However, as long as I have the chip before March 1st '05 when the dragstrips open in VA, I'll be a happy camper! :D

-Chike

sjwentzel
12-12-2004, 08:23 PM
I plan on getting the original version (OBDI) before I head out to Pennsylvania again (where my 92 is), but I want the OBDII version for my everyday car (96), so please add me to the list

Chiketkd
12-12-2004, 09:14 PM
1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy
11. Mikey
13. 97LSi004 (probably)
15. rount5
16. sjwentzel

drivemusicnow
12-13-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm almost hoping that it'll be a while.. .just cause i know I'd rather spend the money later rather than sooner.. however... i WOULD like to feel this power those early year SVXen keep talking about:p

Chiketkd
12-13-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm almost hoping that it'll be a while.. .just cause i know I'd rather spend the money later rather than sooner.. however... i WOULD like to feel this power those early year SVXen keep talking about:p
Hey, I hope it's sooner rather than later to quip William Covert! :p It's hard not knowing how much to put aside for the chip, but I'd really like to be in the 14's next season...

Hopefully, after LAN makes that move, he'll be able to give us an update. :)

-Chike

ssnsltd
03-31-2005, 08:48 AM
1. Landshark
2. Chiketkd
3. alltrac
4. thumper_svx (maybe)
6. drivemusicnow
7. newsvx
8. subezealot
9. Bwana
10. Shelfy
11. Mikey
13. 97LSi004 (probably)
15. rount5
16. sjwentzel
17. ssnsltd

I guess I can dream as well. . .

Landshark
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
i'm ducking out - i'm most likely getting an '06 STi this fall. :)

1. Chiketkd
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
4. starsh0t (depending on non-PayPal payment)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
11. SpoonChucker (depending on non-PayPal payment)
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
13. William Covert (if sooner than later)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd

sharky512345
03-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey how come i have never seen this thread before? I am interested in a stage 1 chip if i have enough money when it comes out

lhopp77
03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Put me on the list also for 2 of them. One for my 96 and one for my son's 97.

Lee

sharky512345
03-31-2005, 07:56 PM
1. Chiketkd
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd
17. sharky512345
18. lhopp77 (x2)

KCROGUEDOG
03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
list me up and explain a little more on the development.

sharky512345
03-31-2005, 08:06 PM
1. Chiketkd
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd
17. sharky512345
18. lhopp77 (x2)
19. KCROGUEDOG

I am also curious on the developement of this.

drivemusicnow
03-31-2005, 11:30 PM
So LAN... we've got 20 confirmed buyers...

Chiketkd
04-01-2005, 04:35 AM
So LAN... we've got 20 confirmed buyers...
Make that 19. I'm with Landshark but for another reason - I want more user control over my afr's.

1. alltrac
2. thumper_svx (maybe)
3. starsh0t (depending on non-PayPal payment)
4. drivemusicnow
5. newsvx
6. subezealot
7. Bwana
8. Shelfy
9. Mikey
10. SpoonChucker (depending on non-PayPal payment)
11. 97LSi004 (probably)
12. William Covert (if sooner than later)
13. rount5
14. sjwentzel
15. ssnsltd
16. sharky512345
17. lhopp77 (x2)
18. KCROGUEDOG

sharky512345
04-09-2005, 08:38 PM
bump000000000000000000000

longassname
04-10-2005, 08:40 PM
bump000000000000000000000

Sorry guys, I'll get back to it after I'm done with stage III.

drivemusicnow
04-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Make that 19. I'm with Landshark but for another reason - I want more user control over my afr's.

i have a feeling your need to control is going to be costly... its going to start with an air fuel controller... then a wideband.. then logging software... you'll see (i'm already planning past these with my dsm... :rolleyes: ) :p

Chiketkd
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
i have a feeling your need to control is going to be costly... its going to start with an air fuel controller... then a wideband.. then logging software... you'll see (i'm already planning past these with my dsm... :rolleyes: ) :p
We'll see how it goes. One thing I'm definitely not interested in doing is advancing my timing any further as the factory already advances it by 50* which is plenty. ;)

I'm more interested in getting the afr in the 12.8:1-13.0:1 range which several knowledgeable people in the tuner industry will tell you is where peak power is made on a motor (stock it's around 13.4-13.5 in open-loop). ;)

-Chike

longassname
04-14-2005, 01:06 AM
We'll see how it goes. One thing I'm definitely not interested in doing is advancing my timing any further as the factory already advances it by 50* which is plenty. ;)

I'm more interested in getting the afr in the 12.8:1-13.0:1 range which several knowledgeable people in the tuner industry will tell you is where peak power is made on a motor (stock it's around 13.4-13.5 in open-loop). ;)

-Chike

A focus of that or the whole thing at that? Let's not over simplify things. We generaly talk about a focus, an average if you will, with the leaner section at lower rpms and the richer section at higher rpms.

Rd96SVX
05-05-2005, 12:17 PM
1. alltrac
2. thumper_svx (maybe)
4. drivemusicnow
5. newsvx
6. subezealot
7. Bwana
8. Shelfy
9. Mikey
11. 97LSi004 (probably)
13. rount5
14. sjwentzel
15. ssnsltd
16. sharky512345
17. lhopp77 (x2)
18. KCROGUEDOG
19. Rd96SVX

Chike, no matter the afr, the mod chip will be a better tune than what you currently have, think about it.....

Chiketkd
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
A focus of that or the whole thing at that? Let's not over simplify things. We generaly talk about a focus, an average if you will, with the leaner section at lower rpms and the richer section at higher rpms.
True, but based on the n/a plans I have for my SVX, I may just invest in an SAFC-II down the road.

-Chike

black97SVX
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
count me in! i could always use more power on my '97!
20. black97SVX

Rd96SVX
05-07-2005, 10:13 PM
1. alltrac
2. thumper_svx (maybe)
4. drivemusicnow
5. newsvx
6. subezealot
7. Bwana
8. Shelfy
9. Mikey
11. 97LSi004 (probably)
13. rount5
14. sjwentzel
15. ssnsltd
16. sharky512345
17. lhopp77 (x2)
18. KCROGUEDOG
19. Rd96SVX
20. black97SVX

so...... LAN......how goes it? :D

alltrac
05-07-2005, 10:53 PM
1. thumper_svx (maybe)
2. starsh0t (depending on non-PayPal payment)
3. drivemusicnow
4. newsvx
5. subezealot
6. Bwana
7. Shelfy
8. Mikey
9. SpoonChucker (depending on non-PayPal payment)
10. 97LSi004 (probably)
11. William Covert (if sooner than later)
12. rount5
13. sjwentzel
14. ssnsltd
15. sharky512345
16. lhopp77 (x2)
17. KCROGUEDOG
18. Rd96SVX
19. black97SVX

HAHAHA

Rd96SVX
05-07-2005, 10:55 PM
LOL... curses :p

lhopp77
05-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Remember you have to count me for 2, so that makes 20.

Lee

shelfy
05-08-2005, 01:11 AM
i saw starsh0t on legacygt.com and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have his svx anymore. we're back down to 19. :D

Chiketkd
05-14-2005, 03:38 PM
1. thumper_svx (maybe)
2. starsh0t (depending on non-PayPal payment)
3. drivemusicnow
4. newsvx
5. subezealot
6. Bwana
7. Shelfy
8. Mikey
9. SpoonChucker (depending on non-PayPal payment)
10. 97LSi004 (probably)
11. William Covert (if sooner than later)
12. rount5
13. sjwentzel
14. ssnsltd
15. sharky512345
16. lhopp77 (x2)
17. KCROGUEDOG
18. Rd96SVX
19. black97SVX
20. Chiketkd (probably)

alltrac
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
1. Chiketkd (probably)
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd
17. sharky512345
18. lhopp77 (x2)
19. KCROGUEDOG
20. Rd96SVX
21. black97SVX

Chiketkd
05-15-2005, 06:40 AM
^^^^Cool! ;)

-Chike

black97SVX
05-24-2005, 11:22 AM
so...is this signup going to go anywhere? or it is just seeing who is interested in buying one? does anyone know when ECUtune will have this chip done for our cars?

longassname
05-24-2005, 11:25 AM
so...is this signup going to go anywhere? or it is just seeing who is interested in buying one? does anyone know when ECUtune will have this chip done for our cars?

No, nobody knows and I'm not saying yet. All I can say is we will release it.

drivemusicnow
05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I really can't figure out what it is exactly that you're trying to do. i mean, suspense?? i just don't think thats going to sell any more chips... I guess I'm a little confused on the secrecy considering how open you've been on every other product....

longassname
05-24-2005, 11:54 AM
I really can't figure out what it is exactly that you're trying to do. i mean, suspense?? i just don't think thats going to sell any more chips... I guess I'm a little confused on the secrecy considering how open you've been on every other product....

The secrecy isn't for any planned effect on the customers. I try to keep everybody informed on projects but just can't on this one for other reasons. Don't be baffled just accept it.

Rd96SVX
05-24-2005, 08:18 PM
The secrecy isn't for any planned effect on the customers. I try to keep everybody informed on projects but just can't on this one for other reasons. Don't be baffled just accept it.

LOL, that baffles me even more, but I can deal, keep up the good work, all us OBDII guys are counting on you........ COUGH(perhaps before summer's end?)COUGH......there's money to be made here for you LAN.. It's already yours... I'm just waiting to give it to you. :D :p

Rd96SVX
06-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Any news/updates.. hints... anything LAN, c'mon.. you're killing us man.. ;) :p

sharky512345
06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.geekhumor.com/data/516/thumbs/bumpasaurus.jpg

couldn't find bigger version :o

Rd96SVX
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
http://www.geekhumor.com/data/516/thumbs/bumpasaurus.jpg

couldn't find bigger version :o

nice bump... mind if I borrow it......?

sharky512345
06-09-2005, 10:36 PM
found it! :D

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/sharky512345/27099.jpg

KCROGUEDOG
06-10-2005, 02:20 AM
the kid blew up the spot and bumped the bump 2 time large. screw it make it the best bump contest. thump the bump and get this mf crunk.

BigBlueSVX
06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
the kid blew up the spot and bumped the bump 2 time large. screw it make it the best bump contest. thump the bump and get this mf crunk.

actually, most members on this site speak english. Care to translate? :rolleyes: :p :D

LarryGreen
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Count me in. I've got a 96, and the cash.

Chiketkd
06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Count me in. I've got a 96, and the cash.
Updated list:

1. Chiketkd (probably)
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd
17. sharky512345
18. lhopp77 (x2)
19. KCROGUEDOG
20. Rd96SVX
21. black97SVX
22. LarryGreen

Rd96SVX
06-19-2005, 12:11 PM
hmm, the list is nice, How bout a tiny progress report....LAN?!!??, can you tell us anything new?

longassname
06-19-2005, 12:22 PM
hmm, the list is nice, How bout a tiny progress report....LAN?!!??, can you tell us anything new?

Yes, it's hot down here. :rolleyes:

Rd96SVX
06-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes, it's hot down here. :rolleyes:
LOL!!! :D :D jerk......lol ;) :rolleyes: :D :D

Chiketkd
07-04-2005, 02:59 PM
1. Chiketkd (only if chip corrects for MAF max-out at 4.5volts)
2. alltrac
3. thumper_svx (maybe)
5. drivemusicnow
6. newsvx
7. subezealot
8. Bwana
9. Shelfy
10. Mikey
12. 97LSi004 (probably)
14. rount5
15. sjwentzel
16. ssnsltd
17. sharky512345
18. lhopp77 (x2)
19. KCROGUEDOG
20. Rd96SVX
21. black97SVX
22. LarryGreen

-Chike (edited my entry)

Earthworm
07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Chike, no mod is going to fix the MAF issue other than replacing the MAF itself. I'm sure a static map could work but I highly doubt it would be as efficient.

LarryGreen
07-05-2005, 04:38 PM
What's the expected order date for this and I assume someone will be contacting us? Thanks.

Chiketkd
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Chike, no mod is going to fix the MAF issue other than replacing the MAF itself. I'm sure a static map could work but I highly doubt it would be as efficient.
David,

I heard it was possible to add additonal values for voltages above the peak of 4.5 or to completely recalibrate the scale the ECU reads - i.e. 4.5v = 3.0v

If these are not viable options, I'd gladly pick up a 300ZX maf and connector from Ebay - but I'd want a chip that'd be able to read this new MAF.

-Chike

KCROGUEDOG
07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
sounds good i was going to get one of the same and try the install at a later date.

Earthworm
07-06-2005, 12:29 PM
David,

I heard it was possible to add additonal values for voltages above the peak of 4.5 or to completely recalibrate the scale the ECU reads - i.e. 4.5v = 3.0vYes you can do that but the problem still remains that the max voltage the MAF can report is 4.5v. You can't get around that without replacing the MAF with one that was designed to meter a higher airflow and calibrate the ECU accordingly.

Another solution would be to allow a calculated amount of unmetered air past the MAF and calibrate the ECU to match.

MaxImUmZ
07-07-2005, 08:33 AM
David,

I heard it was possible to add additonal values for voltages above the peak of 4.5 or to completely recalibrate the scale the ECU reads - i.e. 4.5v = 3.0v

If these are not viable options, I'd gladly pick up a 300ZX maf and connector from Ebay - but I'd want a chip that'd be able to read this new MAF.

-Chike

i have about 10 spare ones lying around from a z31 (84-89) if someone wanted to screw with this just pay me shipping

97LSi004
07-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Lot's of updates on the list, but do we have any info on when we might see this thing. I'm still in, depending when it hapens and what my car budget is like at that time.

Chiketkd
07-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Yes you can do that but the problem still remains that the max voltage the MAF can report is 4.5v. You can't get around that without replacing the MAF with one that was designed to meter a higher airflow and calibrate the ECU accordingly.

Another solution would be to allow a calculated amount of unmetered air past the MAF and calibrate the ECU to match.
Allowing a calculated amount of unmetered air past the MAF sounds like lots on tuning work would be involved - however, I'm sure it could be done, especially if a vacuum operated valve could be devised that only opened in open-loop operation (kinda the same principle the Small Car shift kit uses to firm-up shifts during aggressive driving)

Also, I thought LAN mentioned in a previous thread that our stock MAF would still read voltages above 4.5v??? However, anything above 4.5v would just cause the ECU to keep reading the last value on the factory fuel/timing table...

If this is the case, then a slight recalibration of voltage output from the MAF sensor could work wonders in n/a applications. I seriously doubt anything more than 250-260hp is possible in n/a form, so only a slight recalibration is needed to allow our engines to achieve this... :cool:

-Chike

sharky512345
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
bump

10 characters

svxstarship
09-18-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm in. Sign me up. Will this remove the speed limiter?

Chiketkd
09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
1. alltrac
2. thumper_svx (maybe)
4. drivemusicnow
5. newsvx
6. subezealot
7. Bwana
8. Shelfy
9. Mikey
11. 97LSi004 (probably)
13. rount5
14. sjwentzel
15. ssnsltd
16. sharky512345
17. lhopp77 (x2)
18. KCROGUEDOG
19. Rd96SVX
20. black97SVX
21. LarryGreen
22. svxstarship

-Chike (I'm 100% out - waiting for the OBDII stage 2v4 release with cash in hand :cool: )

P.S. I'll be starting a new thread for people ready to buy the OBDII Stage 2v4 w/ Z32 MAF

lhopp77
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
I am definitely interested in the performance chips both the OBDI and OBDII, however I am somewhat concerned about the overall performance if I am reading your dyno plots correctly. It seems that with you chips there is a significant power (hp and torque) loss over stock below 4250 rpm. And as we all know you are only turning 3000 rpm at 90 mph. Of course this is referring to less than WOT driving. Additionally, there does not appear to be any total HP or torque gain even at the higher rpm. I read it as simply moving the peak HP and torque to higher rpm. Is there any effort under way to at least maintain stock outputs at the lower rpms--ie below 4250?

Please tell me I am reading your plots wrong and that there are some plots that I am not seeing.

Lee

longassname
09-29-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't know what plots you are reading but there sure aren't any out there that should be read like that. Have you been to our website? www.ecutune.com I'm not sure where to begin in addressing your comments. Seems like I have to re-explain everything I've explained. I'll just hit a couple main points and suggest you read the information on our website with this information in hand and hopefully you'll get it. If not then maybe someone else will have more luck explaining.

1) stage 1 addresses a lean condition which causes bad intermittent hessitation at heavy throttle from low rpms or slow speeds
2) stage 1 increases low rpm torque and power
3) stage 1 combines a richer afr and ignition timing revision map changes to improve part throttle performance.
4)the over all effect of stage 1 is to greatly improve around the town drivability
6)stage 1 also allows provides a version of software for use with 87 octane fuel

5) stage 2 starts with the stage 1 software and is then further improved to increase wide open throttle performance on naturally aspirated SVXs and allow the use of forced induction
6) stage 2 requires the use of a z32 maf meter
7) the first set of software included in stage 2 tunes for natural aspiration and premium unleaded
8) the second set of software included with stage 2 tunes for forced induction or 87 octane unleaded

I am definitely interested in the performance chips both the OBDI and OBDII, however I am somewhat concerned about the overall performance if I am reading your dyno plots correctly. It seems that with you chips there is a significant power (hp and torque) loss over stock below 4250 rpm. And as we all know you are only turning 3000 rpm at 90 mph. Of course this is referring to less than WOT driving. Additionally, there does not appear to be any total HP or torque gain even at the higher rpm. I read it as simply moving the peak HP and torque to higher rpm. Is there any effort under way to at least maintain stock outputs at the lower rpms--ie below 4250?

Please tell me I am reading your plots wrong and that there are some plots that I am not seeing.

Lee

Earthworm
09-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Lee, you've just got the lines mixed up. (Green is stock and purple is Stage 1)

http://www.ecutune.com/images/HPplots.gif

longassname
09-29-2005, 12:23 PM
ya that green line shows the stock software during that intermittent hessitation. I should have put one in there of the stock without the hessitation too so you can see all the scenarios more clearly. Stock without the hessitation starts at that same low point and climbs to the same peak without the big dip. The big dip is real though and not that infrequent in a lot of conditions so I felt it was fair to show it. The low end increase is very nice whether compared to with or without hessitation. Look how much higher the power is coming out of the torque converters stall of 2500 rpms. That's a huge torque difference.

lhopp77
09-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I didn't see the above plot on the ECUTune site. The one I was looking at was actually a dyno plot and I may have also not interpretted it correctly.

Like I said--please show me a good plot and the one above does clarify some things.

Lee

Rd96SVX
09-30-2005, 04:33 AM
hey LAN, I've noticed you mentioned something about stage 2 already, is that in the works now? or "to be announced"? Also wondering if you had a stage 1 completion date in sight? Also for those getting stage 1, will the upgrade to stage 2 be at discount... my reason for asking is the same as that of chike, wondering if it'd be better to just wait for the stage 2 release and pay for it all at once. Any info is appreciated, as well as the time and effort you are putting into our cars. Thanks LAN

lhopp77
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
In the Stage 2 plot above, is that naturally aspirated or the supercharged Stage 2 results? If it is supercharged--do you have a plot with the Stage 2 naturally aspirated with the Z32, of course?

Lee

sharky512345
11-26-2005, 12:17 PM
is there any word or estimate for when this could be finished? :)

alltrac
11-26-2005, 01:15 PM
is there any word or estimate for when this could be finished? :)

Don't count on it.

Realtyem
02-02-2007, 06:40 AM
I've had my car for exactly one week today and I've already decided I want one of these. Sign me up too.:cool: Now I just have to talk the SO into it. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D :D

A $$ amount(ballpark) at least a few months ahead of time would be awesome. It may take me up to a month to scrape up heavy funding so as much of as head's up as you can would be great.
Also, are you making extra's of these? or just enough to cover the people signing up for them? I may get another SVX in the future and I want to make sure I can still find one of these if I need one :D

shelfy
02-02-2007, 09:42 AM
i'm probably first on this list, but i'm too lazy to find it and update it right now.

longassname
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm going to see if I can make it to the aniversary meet. If I can maybe I'll bring the stuff to flash some obdII SVXii there. If I flashed you with stage 2 though you would have to install the 370 fuel injectors there on the spot or your car wouldn't run anymore though.

Realtyem
03-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Any news for us patiently waiting OBDII people? I'm trying to behave myself in the mean time :rolleyes: Idle hands and all that...

longassname
03-26-2007, 08:51 AM
No new news. I haven't been doing any work on obdII and the stack of other things to do on my plate hasn't gotten any shorter. I wouldn't hold my breath. If you are antsy for engine management make an adaptor and use an obdI ecu.

Realtyem
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Well now. That's an interesting idea. I suppose that when it's done switching back to OBDII for it's upgrade wouldn't hurt anything. I'm gonna look into this.
Glad I got the emissions thingy out of the way. Do you think the dealer would notice when I take it back there, and would they care?

The beginning of my very own frankensvxy. :eek: Who-da thought.

Thanks LAN, I hope your other projects are going ok. Lots of people like your work so keep it up.:)

Realtyem
04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I found these (http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). Which one do you think would work. I couldn't tell by looking at my ECU.:confused: I'm figuring on the first one because of the years involved. Just waiting on approval from the almighty-alknowing LAN before embarking on this journey ::worships at feet:: :D

longassname
04-02-2007, 09:28 PM
neither unless you were planning on trading your svx in on a honda

I found these (http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm). Which one do you think would work. I couldn't tell by looking at my ECU.:confused: I'm figuring on the first one because of the years involved. Just waiting on approval from the almighty-alknowing LAN before embarking on this journey ::worships at feet:: :D

drivemusicnow
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Haha... So I saw that the last reply to this thread was LAN (haven't stopped by in a little while) and I'm thinking in my head, "No way did he actually do this"...

All is still well in the world. :p In reality the market for the OBDII just isn't worth the time. I think there was a total of less than 2000 OBDII Svxes ever made, of those, how many are left? how many have owners that would shell out money for performance tuning? ... I believe the answer is "not enough"

Although I'm thinking about either selling my 96 and picking up a cheaper/older/higher mileage SVX or a boring econo car now. Maybe I will actually be able to drive a ECUtuned SVX that is my own someday :eek:

Realtyem
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
any news? Would still like to have this done.

1986nate
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
any news? Would still like to have this done.

Pretty sure this just isn't going to happen... you would have heard something in the last 3 years if something would....

Coan
11-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Wow I've never seen this thread before. This would have been great and I would for sure buy one, too bad there's just no demand for it...