PDA

View Full Version : SVX Woes

devonsvx2
05-29-2004, 02:43 AM
Hi all.

As you may remember My SVX caught fire due to the rear diff seizing and causing the rubber bushes to catch fire. The insurance company would repair the bodywork but not cover the diff!! It was under warranty but as the diff seized due to the gasket (!) failing and oil leaking out, the warranty people said no (after a new diff was bought)!! I have tried suing them but there is an oil leak disclaimer in the small print.

Oh, thanks to all who offered me their diffs, I am sorry I never replied. I thought the warranty would cover it and so bought a new one.

Anyhow, Subaru sent my garage some bushes so that the job could be completed. They sent the wrong ones and now I have been told Subaru have none in the UK!!!!! Are Subaru that high in the JD Power survey!!??????

This car has been off the road now for 3 months!!

Cost so far - £2400... ouch.

Please does anyone know where I can get some rear bushes for the rear diff/ axle?

By the way, never buy a car that has a warranty by WARRANTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES - WMS - as in my opinion they do not cover anything especially if something goes wrong because of an oil leak!!! £400 wasted.

Looks like I will be carless for another 3 months!!

Yours sadly

Ian

Ps. I have only enjoyed the car for 2 weeks before the diff went.

Nobody
05-29-2004, 05:05 AM
You mean Rear Differetial bushings? Iron ring with rubber inside? :-)
If yes you need 2 pcs, one cost aprox. 30 USD. I have ordered them through my dealer, took 4 weeks. If it is what you need I can find correct Subaru pn if you want or you can search www.subaruparts.com - they have them.
I let my dealer replace them. Count with cost of work for a whole working day, quite complicated work!!!!
Let me know, Peter

devonsvx2
05-29-2004, 05:09 AM
To Peter

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

If you can supply the correct part number then i can let my garage know.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Ian

Nobody
05-29-2004, 05:28 AM
So here we go, pn is 41322PA000, as I wrote, you need 2pcs.
I have just checked subaruparts.com and they ask 32USD without transport costs. This is for LH models, as in UK you have RH, it may be different but I do not think so. Let your dealer check it in tech docs. It can be ordered, push them! As I told, it is damned work to replace it. If you do not belive your dealer insist on giving you old ones(or rest of them) as a proof they really replaced them. Just in case :-) Hope it helps.
Peter