PDA

View Full Version : Caravan from Bay Area to Sacramento to Reno Meet

zamorush
05-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Here me suba SVX owners in Bay Area and close Bay Area regions, let us make a Caravan from Bay Area to Sacramento! Beautiful hours of driving on one of the most "hottest" and most boring freeways, 680 + (whatever goes to Sac)

If we go together it won't be as boring to drive to Sac, and plus we can pick up SVXes as we go. So if you are interested, live a note in this thread. So far, i am the only one in, so join in.....

Routes to take:

Alternative 1: 680 - over the bridge $2 - 80 and we are in Sacramento
Alternative 2: 680 - 580 - 5 - should be there faster, but not totally sure about that.

So, what do you think? Sign up..

1) zamorush - Nik

nordique14
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
1) zamorush - Nik
2) nordique14 - matt

Sounds good, Nik. When we leave will depend on when we need to meet in Sacramento. Which will depend on when we need to be in Reno. I figure sometime around early afternoon.

Matt

zamorush
05-13-2004, 10:59 PM
So when are we going to the meet? I mean is that friday or saturday? and what date?

nordique14
05-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Friday June 18th. Probably somewhere between 12-1pm. Meet at the Great Mall?

Matt

zamorush
05-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a plan! I am in.

blk97lsi
05-15-2004, 12:26 AM
1) zamorush - Nik
2) nordique14 - matt
3) blk97lsi - Wes

I'm in. I'm moving back down to the Bay Area, and I'll actually be in San Jose by the 18th. So, I'll meet up with you guys at the great mall. :p

deruvian
05-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by nordique14
Friday June 18th. Probably somewhere between 12-1pm. Meet at the Great Mall?

Matt

If you guys can meet at the mall at noon, you can hook up with the meeting in Auburn along I80 at 2:30 - 3:00. Try and make it happen. It'd be sweet to have 6 or 7 of us in a line, eh?

You can read the Sacto area caravan thread here (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18336).

nordique14
05-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet at a few minutes before noon and head out soon afterwards. It should take about 2 to 2.5 hours to get to Auburn. We should be there by 2:30 if all goes well.

One month to Reno!

Matt

deruvian
05-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by nordique14
Sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet at a few minutes before noon and head out soon afterwards. It should take about 2 to 2.5 hours to get to Auburn. We should be there by 2:30 if all goes well.

One month to Reno!

Matt

Sounds like a plan. Can't wait!

zamorush
05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
I have a little change in plans.

I recently discovered that i have job training going on the whole week and it is ending on friday the 18th. I will be able to get out of it earlier, may be 12 - 1 so i can make it to the meet, however i won't be able to go all the way to reno with you guys. I will go to Auburn and meet everyone on I-80, however after, I am going to have to head off to Davis and meet my friend there, again work related. Therefore that night I am going to be busy, however I will drive early morning on saturday, and will try to make it before everyone is awake and ready to go.

Otherwise the plans sounds great, and I will be in it all the way to Auburn. Reno will be later.

nik

deruvian
05-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by zamorush
I have a little change in plans.

I recently discovered that i have job training going on the whole week and it is ending on friday the 18th. I will be able to get out of it earlier, may be 12 - 1 so i can make it to the meet, however i won't be able to go all the way to reno with you guys. I will go to Auburn and meet everyone on I-80, however after, I am going to have to head off to Davis and meet my friend there, again work related. Therefore that night I am going to be busy, however I will drive early morning on saturday, and will try to make it before everyone is awake and ready to go.

Otherwise the plans sounds great, and I will be in it all the way to Auburn. Reno will be later.

nik

I'm not sure if you already know this, but Auburn comes after Davis. You'll be driving on 80, pass through Davis, pass through Auburn, and then hit Reno. You may wanna skip the Auburn meet too, since you'd have to back-track about 30 - 45 minutes to get to Davis.

zamorush
05-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure if you already know this, but Auburn comes after Davis. You'll be driving on 80, pass through Davis, pass through Auburn, and then hit Reno. You may wanna skip the Auburn meet too, since you'd have to back-track about 30 - 45 minutes to get to Davis

Uhhh........ i guess I made a little mistake ha..., did not know where Auburn is. I though it is somewhere next to Sacramento, though it is a little further then that. You are right, it is 46 minutes away or 47.59miles to be exact. Well, I will think about it.

If the gas prices will go down by that time, I will go all the way to Auburn, make a U-turn and go to Davis. 46miles is not that much, i drive to school 20 a day every day.

On the other hand, if gas will rise up or stay same, then i am going to have to go to davis before heading to Auburn. I will meet all of you guys on Sat anyway.

nik

Hangtownsvx
05-20-2004, 04:52 PM
I will meet you in Auburn. Nice drive from Placerville.

blk97lsi
05-27-2004, 11:51 PM
How many people will be coming up from the Bay Area? Just getting an idea of how many of us will be on the first stretch.

sorceror
06-06-2004, 05:15 PM
I am going to try to be there. If I'm lucky we will have 2 svx's for the trek to Sacto.

I think 680 to 5 is the better route :)

zamorush
06-06-2004, 07:25 PM
How many people will be coming up from the Bay Area? Just getting an idea of how many of us will be on the first stretch.

I'll be one of them. It is two weeks left, we are almost there.

BTW, anyone live in LA? I am planing to visit LA sometimes next week. I don't know if i will be driving SVX, however I will live there soon, so if anyone want to meet just for a quick chat.

nik

phoenix96
06-07-2004, 06:19 AM
I may be coming up from the central coast (Santa Barbara).

nordique14
06-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by phoenix96
I may be coming up from the central coast (Santa Barbara).

Cool. Bit of a drive from Santa Barbara. Are you going to be going to Reno via 395 or do you want to meet up with us in the San Jose area?

Matt

blk97lsi
06-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Alright, I'll be at the Great Mall at noon correct? Looking forward to this. See you all then!

zamorush
06-16-2004, 12:17 AM
I may be coming up from the central coast (Santa Barbara)

I've just been to UCSB, there is a blue SVX parked somewhere on the corner of Camino Corto and Abrego in Galito town. Do you happen to know the owner? Unfortunatelly i drove past twice but haven't seen the owner or did not have time to stop or live a note.

nik

zamorush
06-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Btw, you guys want to meet at noon? Not 1 pm for example? Because it will probably take us 1.5 hours to get to Auburn. Let me know.

nik

Hangtownsvx
06-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Sorry,
I can't make the rendevous in Auburn for Reno.
Ken

nordique14
06-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Btw, you guys want to meet at noon? Not 1 pm for example? Because it will probably take us 1.5 hours to get to Auburn. Let me know.

Hey Nik,

It will take closer to 2 hours. Assuming no traffic problems. We probably won't leave right at noon (people are always late, including myself), so let's stick with meeting at noon. We don't want to hold up the Sacramento folks.

Matt

phoenix96
06-16-2004, 01:37 PM

I've just been to UCSB, there is a blue SVX parked somewhere on the corner of Camino Corto and Abrego in Galito town. Do you happen to know the owner? Unfortunatelly i drove past twice but haven't seen the owner or did not have time to stop or live a note.

nik

I've seen that car on the road several times, but never parked before. There are two teal SVXs that are often parked at UCSB, both of which I've put cards on, but I never heard anything back from them.

On another note, I'm afraid I won't be able to go to Reno this weekend. Instead, I've got to fly up to Alaska for work.

zamorush
06-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey Nik,

It will take closer to 2 hours. Assuming no traffic problems. We probably won't leave right at noon (people are always late, including myself), so let's stick with meeting at noon. We don't want to hold up the Sacramento folks.

Matt

Noon sounds good. Me and my bro might be late though.

Now, two people are backing off from the trip, and the trip is going to happen in two days. Let us finalize the charts and see who is actually going.

I know I am, and I know Matt is. Who else?

1. zamorush
2. nordique14
3 ...................

blk97lsi
06-17-2004, 02:35 PM

Noon sounds good. Me and my bro might be late though.

Now, two people are backing off from the trip, and the trip is going to happen in two days. Let us finalize the charts and see who is actually going.

I know I am, and I know Matt is. Who else?

1. zamorush
2. nordique14
3 ...................

Me three...

1. zamorush
2. nordique14
3. blk97lsi
4. ...................

zamorush
06-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Ok, then, i will see you guys tomorow at 12.00.

And Matt, i will take of the rack since i need to wash and wax the car, and plus we decided not to take our bikes to Tahoe, no time. Although i did use it quiate a lot of times, and it works great. Unfortunatelly subaru dealership said that they don't make racks for SVX.

nik

nordique14
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Cool, Nik. See you at noon. If you bring the rack, I'll put it on when I get to Reno.

Matt