PDA

View Full Version : Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

deruvian
04-29-2004, 11:41 AM
As spoken about in the official thread for the Reno meet, a few members are interested in meeting up in Sacramento to drive as a group to Reno. Just imagine... A whole line of SVXen on the freeway for about 2 - 3 hours. :D

So, here is the thread for all that are interested. Let's start a list, and figure out a meeting spot!

1) deruvian

alltrac
04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
1) deruvian
2) alltrac

If for some reason we don't get more people. I can meet you in Auburn.

deruvian
04-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by alltrac
1) deruvian
2) alltrac

If for some reason we don't get more people. I can meet you in Auburn.

That sounds like an excellent plan to me.

nordique14
04-29-2004, 07:30 PM
1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14

I can meet up anywhere along I80.

Matt

deruvian
04-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by nordique14
1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14

I can meet up anywhere along I80.

Matt

I'm thinking that somewhere on 80 is the best place to meet. It's the route to Reno, and probably the most convenient for all of us. Since we don't need anything fancy for a meeting spot (we'll probably only be there for what, half an hour?), we should probably just pick a spot that's easy to see from the freeway/offramp.

So far, Auburn is the most convenient place to meet. It's on the way for alltrac and nordique14, and not too far out of the way for me. I suppose we should wait to decide on the meeting spot until more people respond to this thread.

And anyone that's interested, please add your name to the list. We wouldn't want to have left before you even get there! (Yes, I'm willing to wait around for those that are late, stuck in traffic, whatever.)

deruvian
05-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Anyone else wanna meet? Anyone? :confused:

zamorush
05-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Ok, I am interested in caravan, sounds like a very good plan.

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush

BTW? Who is interested in caravan from Bay Area (San Jose - Milpitas - Fremont areas) to I-80 ? That would be easier to meet at I-80.

nik

deruvian
05-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by zamorush
Ok, I am interested in caravan, sounds like a very good plan.

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush

BTW? Who is interested in caravan from Bay Area (San Jose - Milpitas - Fremont areas) to I-80 ? That would be easier to meet at I-80.

nik

Awesome! This little caravan will definitely get us some attention :D

You may want to start a different thread about caravan-ing from the Bay Area. Get more attention that way.

RojoRocket
05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Love to run with you folks, but have tickets and great seats at the Nextel Cup Race that weekend at Infineon. Do have a grand time and be SAFE!! ZERO-tolerance of late on I-80 but for pics you might try the old Sugar-Bowl spur at Norden-Soda Springs to & through Donner Lake. Interesting, mostly slow but terrific views up on top. Wouldn't cost too much time for a diversion.

Glenn:cool:

zamorush
05-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Awesome! This little caravan will definitely get us some attention

You may want to start a different thread about caravan-ing from the Bay Area. Get more attention that way.

Thanks for suggestion deruvian, I definetly will, give me some time. I am being slow on everything lately, two weeks left before done with college. You know how they go.... finals in session. he he.

nik

deruvian
05-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by RojoRocket
Love to run with you folks, but have tickets and great seats at the Nextel Cup Race that weekend at Infineon. Do have a grand time and be SAFE!! ZERO-tolerance of late on I-80 but for pics you might try the old Sugar-Bowl spur at Norden-Soda Springs to & through Donner Lake. Interesting, mostly slow but terrific views up on top. Wouldn't cost too much time for a diversion.

Glenn:cool:

That's a good idea, for sure. Anyone that's comin' have a digicam (or just a nice camera, for that matter)?

nordique14
05-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by deruvian

That's a good idea, for sure. Anyone that's comin' have a digicam (or just a nice camera, for that matter)?

Sounds like a good place to test out the new digital camera I bought. There's an overlook that sits high above Donner Lake. Parking lot is small, but should hold us if it's not too busy. The road goes by Sugar Bowl and Donner-Tahoe and then hooks back to I80 in Truckee. We shouldn't have to do any back-tracking.

Matt

deruvian
05-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Well, it seems as though all that are interested have posted here. Shall we start planning a meeting spot? I believe somewhere along I80 near Auburn would be the best. It's on everyone else's way, and I can hook up with 80 right there.

NeedForSpeed
05-10-2004, 03:26 AM
The NASCAR race at Infineon is the weekend following the Reno meet! The Cup race is scheduled for June 25-27.

I may join the group from Sac/Auburn, but as someone said, zero-tolerance for speeders on I-80! My SVX has a difficult time maintaining 'legal' speeds, especially on I-80 on a Friday. One must fly low or just get run over, nothing in between. Dodging all the cars and trucks on a Friday, it is definately a high speed thrill ride to Reno.

What about the original idea of traveling Hwy 50? Or, a couple cars going 80, a couple going 50? I prefer Hwy 88 as the most scenic, and for me, Hwy 88 nearly passes by my front yard. It all depends on how early everyone could get on the road.

RojoRocket
05-10-2004, 06:54 AM
How did I get those dates cornfused? Have to reconsider dropping up to Reno after all! Thanks!!:) ;)

Glenn

nordique14
05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
What time do we want to gather? I'm taking Friday off, so I can meet anytime. I would like to get out of the Bay Area before rush hour hits or I'll be screwed. :eek:

Matt

deruvian
05-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by nordique14
What time do we want to gather? I'm taking Friday off, so I can meet anytime. I would like to get out of the Bay Area before rush hour hits or I'll be screwed. :eek:

Matt

I'm kinda-sorta waiting on these details for when a definite time and place are decided for the meet in Reno. No reason to meet on I80 at noon when everyone is meeting in Reno at 7PM, ya know?

nordique14
05-12-2004, 10:39 AM
I understand, but I don not want to be going through Roseville during rush hour. ugh. If we get there a couple of hours early, that's good too. Gives us time to check in and maybe grab some dinner (or hit the blackjack table) before the gathering. :)

Matt

alltrac
05-12-2004, 07:03 PM
I get off of work at 3:30 if the caravan leaves before then so be it. Also the traffic in roseville is bad but not that bad.

blk97lsi
05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Can't believe I missed this deal. Sorry guys still semi-new to the posting business. I'd love to meet you guys up there in Auburn. I'm only down in Sacramento and it ends up like 20 min out of my way. I'll have my digital cam with me that can do still and motion shots (w/audio). Where is the official meeting spot, or have we set one yet?

blk97lsi
05-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by blk97lsi
Can't believe I missed this deal. Sorry guys still semi-new to the posting business. I'd love to meet you guys up there in Auburn. I'm only down in Sacramento and it ends up like 20 min out of my way. I'll have my digital cam with me that can do still and motion shots (w/audio). Where is the official meeting spot, or have we set one yet?

P.S. Highway 50 is only one lane, I know, but still might be a little more scenic and less scenic (cops) if you know what I mean :D

deruvian
05-13-2004, 12:01 AM

It seems like we will be meeting in Auburn. It's on I80 and is therefore on the way for everyone. It's a little bit of a back-track for me, but not much.

It's no big thing to add yourself to the list. Just copy and paste the original list and add your name to the end! Good to have you on board.

We're still deciding on a time, by the way. I wanna see what people have to say about Michelle's proposed meeting time of 4 - 5pm in Reno before we make a decision here.

deruvian
05-18-2004, 04:28 PM
OK everyone, here's the lowdown.

I propose that we meet in Auburn along I80 at 2:30 - 3:00p.m. on Friday, June 18th.

The caravan from the Bay Area is meeting around 12p.m., and everyone is hooking up in Reno around 5p.m. That puts us smack-dab in the middle. The people from the Bay Area should be able to get to Auburn around 2:30 - 3:00p.m., meet with us, and then we can all leave shortly after 3:00p.m. to get to Reno around 5:30p.m. We may arrive in Reno a little after everyone else, but I think the timing will be good enough.

We can meet at the In-and-Out restaurant parking lot in Auburn. You take the Grass Valley/Highway 49 exit and turn left. Take your first right along 49 and go up the hill. In-and-Out is pretty damn obvious from there, since it's right next to ya! The restaurant is visible from the freeway, and has a large enough parking lot. The lot sometimes gets pretty packed, but parking is available along the hill up to the restaurant, as well as in a Marie Callendar's restaurant parking lot.

Sound good?

NeedForSpeed
05-18-2004, 04:41 PM
1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush
5) NeedForSpeed

I'll meet you there!

deruvian
05-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Alright guys. This thread kinda started to die on me... Not cool! :p

Let's get a secondary, finalized list of who is going to meet up in Auburn. I've gotten kinda confused with all the people saying they're going to Reno, then not going to Reno, etc.

1) deruvian

BTW - Is everyone still cool with the plans for meeting in Auburn?

nordique14
06-01-2004, 10:34 AM
1) deruvian
2) nordique14

BTW - Is everyone still cool with the plans for meeting in Auburn?

Yep. In-and-Out Burger off of Hwy49 on June 18th between 2:30-3:00.

Matt

deruvian
06-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, seeming as NeedForSpeed sent in his reply after I posted the official plans, I'll add him to the list. If you got any complaints NeedForSpeed, let me know.

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed

Is that all? What about zamorush? Are you still coming??

I thought it would be a good idea for us to exchange cell phone numbers and a decription of your car. This way, if anyone appears to be late, we can call them to see where they're at. It would definitely suck to be left behind, eh?

Please PM me the info, and I'll put it all together and send it to each of you when completed. Thanks!

nordique14
06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
There are about 5 of us coming up from the Bay Area. Don't know if Nik is going to make it to Auburn (he may take off before then).

Matt

blk97lsi
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Well, seeming as NeedForSpeed sent in his reply after I posted the official plans, I'll add him to the list. If you got any complaints NeedForSpeed, let me know.

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed

Is that all? What about zamorush? Are you still coming??

I thought it would be a good idea for us to exchange cell phone numbers and a decription of your car. This way, if anyone appears to be late, we can call them to see where they're at. It would definitely suck to be left behind, eh?

Please PM me the info, and I'll put it all together and send it to each of you when completed. Thanks!

Sent you a pm with my phone info. I'll be meeting at the Great Mall at 12 noon, is that correct?

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed
4) blk97lsi

deruvian
06-13-2004, 04:41 PM

Sent you a pm with my phone info. I'll be meeting at the Great Mall at 12 noon, is that correct?

1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed
4) blk97lsi

The meeting spot is actually at the In & Out in Auburn at 2:30 - 3:00. I think you're talking about the Bay Area meeting place.

Thanks for the PM.

blk97lsi
06-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Gotcha! 2:30 in Auburn, at the In and Out. That's right off of 80 right? See ya'll soon!

TorG0d
06-15-2004, 02:27 PM
1) deruvian
2) nordique14
3) NeedForSpeed
4) blk97lsi
5) TorG0d

I live in Penryn, which is 2 exits down from Auburn. Meet you guys there . . .

deruvian
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, despite all of the stuff that has gone wrong with my car lately, I'll be there. It seems as though I've managed to fix the water pump just in time, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

And for you fellas that sent me your cell number and car description, I just PM'ed you.