PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Beach, NH Meet, Pt. 2: Now With Voting!!!

Darksied-X
04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Like I said, I don't want to be the only guy calling the shots here, I want everyone that plans to attend to have a say. So, why don't we do the Democratic thing, and vote on it.:)

Personally, if the majority wants to do a mini-Reading thing, I'm all for it. I just may or may not be able to show up until Sunday, Saturdays are always kinda iffy for me. But I'll definetly try my damnedest, no matter what we decide.

However, if we do decide to make this a weekender thing, I do have one demand. Which ever place we stay at must have a bar in it. I will refuse to attend if it does not, for I know I will never be a true SVXer until I have joined LarryIII for a beer.:D

Darksied-X
04-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Here is our current list of attendees:

1) Darksied-X (Sweet! I'm never first at anything!:D)
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) AFBeefcake
5) LarryIII
6) KAMzilla77
7) DWayne2910
8) SVXPILOT
9) Gren1
11) zavikan
13) RSVX
14) Matthewmongan

Sweet! Already more than I thought! So, who else is with us?:)

P.S. Sorry if I misspelled or just plain missed any names, I was in a hurry. Just smack me with a white glove when you see me if you demand satisfaction.;):D

Green1995SVX
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Option 4, please. :)

Mike

LarryIII
04-22-2004, 02:20 PM
I just voted for the full weekend.

Darksied, I am not a beer drinker. I drink Scotch.

Mike, You are going to regret picking option 4, when you see me in my Speedo.

Larry III

alacrity024
04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
i don't care when it is.. i have family in the area so if i can't afford a hotel room i can still spend the weekend. i'm sure i'll just crash on the bar though. i need someone to make sure larry doesn't leave a pair of speedo's on me when i'm passed out drooling..

-a :D

Darksied-X
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
I just voted for the full weekend.

Darksied, I am not a beer drinker. I drink Scotch.
Hmmm...I must have missed something somewhere.:confused: I could have sworn you said you were gonna share a beer with someone at Reading. Oh well, it isn't the first time...or last..that I've lost a few brain waves somewhere. How 'bout this, we salute the SVX, and all of our fellow SVXers, with a scotch in your hand, and a tequila in my hand...and a beer in my other hand.:D

BTW, I think you checked the wrong one Larry, and voted for scantily clad. Better not let The Beautiful Naviguesser find out!;):D

Subafreak
04-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Well I guess scandly clad is winning. I don't realy care, I figure on going up on Sat and comming back home Sat night, but with such vetran reading members showing up I think I better plan on staying till Sunday.:cool: See ya at the bar guys.;)

chris92svxlsl
05-12-2004, 08:54 PM
If my fender is not painted by then I will be quite embarrassed!!! And no wives or girlfriends? ( I'll be damned if I'm bringing mine!! )
Hotels in Hampton or sleezy "red light" motels should be booked about two weeks in advance, they always are booked up!!

red95svx
05-13-2004, 11:11 AM
CHARLY MURPHY!!!!!!!

alacrity024
06-04-2004, 09:42 AM
so where are we staying? should we get a bunch of rooms in line?

Matthewmongan
06-04-2004, 04:38 PM
yeah you can add me to the list im all for it..... how do i get there from salisbury md.????

Green1995SVX
06-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
yeah you can add me to the list im all for it..... how do i get there from salisbury md.????

www.mapquest.com ?

Matthewmongan
06-06-2004, 01:18 PM
that would imply that i have an address for the destination in the hampton :rolleyes:

Darksied-X
06-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I suppose it's time for me to get off my lazy @$$ and update this thing.

Matt, as of right now, we don't have a specific meeting place, other than Hampton Beach.:D The whole purpose of this thread is to get ideas from everyone.

I talked with a few of our members at Tri-State last month, and I think we've come up with a good game plan. We're going to hold the meet itself Saturday, July 31, at about 10am. For those that want to stay for the weekend, I may have a lead on getting some rooms for us at a discount, I just have to look into it again this week. Just let me know if you want to stay for the weekend, so I can get an idea of how many rooms we'll needed.

Personally, I would like to go for the entire weekend, but I'm not sure the circumstances will play out for me. I don't know if I'll have a job come then, and if I do my wife may drag me to Old Orchard Beach for that week anyway.;) No matter what, though, I will be there Sat. at 10, and you'd better be too, Adam. Just remember, Freak knows where you live, and I have duct tape.:p

As for a meeting place, I was thinking we could start at whatever hotel we end up staying at. From there, we'll let chris92svxlsl play tour guide, since he's the once that decided on Hampton. Hell, I've never even been there, so I'd probably drop us into Canada, or maybe the middle of the Atlantic.:rolleyes:

So, does this plan sounds kosher with everyone?:)

Matthewmongan
06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
sounds good to me i plan on zippin in for saturday and jetting befor i cause any trouble with the local police (so many svx's in one place ... PLEASE BELIEVE THE COPS ARE COMIN TOO) ;)

alacrity024
06-07-2004, 11:19 AM
I WILL BE THERE

my house is on the way back, so if i don't show up, you're all welcome to come and duct tape me to the roof of freak's Loyale and go bombing around the woods :D

i'm gonna plan to get a hotel room and get drunk on saturday night.. i'll have just come in from a week off, so it'll be a good note to end on. can't wait

-adam

Darksied-X
06-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, I just followed up on my lead, and it's dead.:( A co-worker of mine's daughter was offered an assistant manager's job somewhere down there, but I just asked and she turned it down. So, anyone have any other ideas on where we can bunk, preferably someplace with a bar?:D

alacrity024
06-08-2004, 10:57 AM
uh..

so i might not be there. i have an oppurtunity to go on a cruise that week which gets back on sunday morning.. it's uber cheap so i think im'a spring for it. sorry :( i can meet you guys in keene on sunday on your way back through though :D

Darksied-X
06-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Figures. I hope the boat sinks on you!:p

LarryIII
06-09-2004, 05:09 AM
Okay guys. Which weekend is it and what's the name, tel. number, and address of the hotel?

Subafreak
06-09-2004, 07:06 PM
I see I didn't miss much on this thread. :rolleyes:

Larry, It's kind of every man for them selves. There will be a meet but for anyone that wants to turn it into a weekend vacation just start searching for hotel info.

I didn't plan on getting a hotel room, but I don't feel like sleeping in the SVX. The Loyal yes, SVX no!

But I'll be there either way.

red95svx
06-12-2004, 09:01 PM
I have an idea.

Pease International Tradeport is right up the road from Hampton Beach. For those of you who are adventurous I could rent an airplane and take you on a tour of the NH coast. I flew up there a few months ago and the scenery was awesome! Salisbury Beach, Seabrook Beach, York Harbor, York Beach, Ogunquit....all are within 10-15 minutes of the airport. To help pay for the plane I would probably charge around $25/person, maybe more depending on how long of a flight you want. Of course, this would all be weather permitting.

So, any takers?

Capt. Dave

red95svx
06-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Wow, no takers huh? I'm surprised at the lack of brave men on this thread:)

Seriously though, it's a lot of fun. I'll keep the invitation open.

Dave

Darksied-X
06-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'm sure there will be more than a couple of takers. Just count me out though, me an teh feet off the gound stuff don't get along real well.:rolleyes: I'll just stay behind and guard all the pretty cars.:D

Matthewmongan
06-14-2004, 07:15 PM
i like flying count my in ...... what are we flyin here a piper cub

red95svx
06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
You're close......it's a Piper Warrior. It's a four seat low wing.

Dave

Subafreak
06-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Well if you fly like you drive then I guess it would be pretty safe.

Can it do barrel rolls?:D

red95svx
06-15-2004, 06:46 AM
That's the spirit!!

Jesse, the question is can YOU handle a barrel roll??:):)

Technically I believe the plane can roll.... but there are many reasons why you're not supposed to :rolleyes:

But there are certain manueveres we can do that are fun....if you have a strong stomach:)

Actually I plan on keeping everything nice and smooth and easy.

Dave

alacrity024
06-16-2004, 10:41 AM
hey, you guys can fly it down to boston and buzz my cruise ship when it comes in!

red95svx
06-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Sweet! Maybe we can convince Subafreak to do a highdive from the plane into Boston Harbor.:)

Dave

Subafreak
06-16-2004, 06:34 PM
I was never very good at diving, but I might go for it feet first. (Can't be that much higher than the tressel?):cool:

Matthewmongan
06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
(so many svx's in one place ... PLEASE BELIEVE THE COPS ARE COMIN TOO) ;)

hmmm point in case

chris92svxlsl
06-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Sorry been out lately svx is in the shop, replacing all seals timing belt, tune-up blah blah blah anyway hampton I believe is right on I-95 (rt 1) I will still be there unfortunately I might be cutting it close with the paint job, repairs are running me a grand, but I'm working weekends too, hopefully you guys will see the experimental bazooka I'm making out of 12 inch pvc pipe hahaha!!!

Subafreak
06-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by chris92svxlsl
Sorry been out lately svx is in the shop, replacing all seals timing belt, tune-up blah blah blah anyway hampton I believe is right on I-95 (rt 1) I will still be there unfortunately I might be cutting it close with the paint job, repairs are running me a grand, but I'm working weekends too, hopefully you guys will see the experimental bazooka I'm making out of 12 inch pvc pipe hahaha!!!

I assume you meen the speaker kind and not the weapons of mass destruction kind?;)

alacrity024
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
me and nick made a pretty wicked potato cannon two summers ago.. that thing would lob spuds across a football field no problem. we cracked open a glowstick and stuck it into the top of the potato one time before launching it.. it was pretty cool at night.. sort of like a tracer bullet. however the firing chamber eventually weakened and exploded.. NOT SAFE. we've been a little hesitant to try it again..

anyway, i'm sure we could've just shoulder mounted the cannon, however given what happened, i'm pretty glad we didn't.

Subafreak
06-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah I've a peice of cast iron from a mini cannon stuck in my crotch before:eek: Not to cool.:rolleyes:

Matthewmongan
07-01-2004, 02:45 AM
some how cast iron and croch dont sound good in the same phrase.....

Green1995SVX
07-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Count me out. I'm already doing too much traveling this summer.

Mike

Ryan
07-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Oh hell, sure pick the weekend of the Maine Forest Rally! I'm sorry that I won't be able to go to the SVX meet. :(

chris92svxlsl
07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
so who do we have going?

Matthewmongan
07-08-2004, 01:02 AM
im going if "THE MAN" doesn't take my permit away.

chris92svxlsl
07-08-2004, 06:22 PM
just 1 the meet is 3 weeks away we should get a count because if there are so few would it be worth it?

jscorse
07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I just re-surfaced and there's a meet that I may not be able to make. We'll see... if there is ANYWAY possible, I will be there. The previous week we have plans with the family and I don't know if we'll wrap those up by that weekend.

I WILL keep you posted if I can come. If I can I'll try and bring Kat...and perhaps Adam, Ryan and I can hook up for the trip up.

Is this weekend fixed? Ryan can't make it because of a rally up in Maine...which I'd LOVE to go to sometime as well. I've never been to one though I'd love to go sometime.

As my wildchild 3 year old get older I think she'll be into it. My 7 year old is truly a girl and want's nothing to do with cars and dirt. The 3YO on the other hand.......well let's just say she and dirt go WAY back....

Has anybody tried to contact most of the 'other NE group? I can send and email out to them...I have a list in my office at work from the group that usually goes to the NE meets.

I don't see them all here in this thread.

Jeff

Subafreak
07-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Go for it. I'm still in right now but if we decide to rescedule I'd still be in:) But if we do rescedule becouse of you other planners then you will be obligated to make it to the next date or your SVX ownership prevliges will be revoked.

So who do we still have going? I thought we had a good list going?

jscorse
07-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Don't reschedule just because of me. I just walked in here...and late at that.

Does someone have a list? Oh I see it now second post....

1) Darksied-X (Sweet! I'm never first at anything!)
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) AFBeefcake
5) LarryIII
6) KAMzilla77
7) DWayne2910
8) SVXPILOT
9) Gren1
11) zavikan
13) RSVX
14) Matthewmongan
15) Jscorse - tentitive

All these people are still in? That's cool. I'll send an email to my 'old' NE list though I see some are already signed up. Is there and agenda yet?

I will try to see if I can come out after our family vacation. We are planning the details this week so I'll have a better feel by Friday if I can come. I hope I can.

Whoru465
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Hampton is a quick jaunt from me... It'll be a nice ride in my new car..:cool: By the way, don't forget that the DNC is in Boston the week before, so I hope no one gets stuck in the traffic mayhem by accident....Avoid Boston at all cost...You have been warned!:D

-Mike

zavikan
07-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Well I'm out. I was kind of disappointed when other people started dropping out, then I come to find that the powers that be are sending me to montreal that weekend for an incredibly important conference. No say in the matter. Stupid lowly peon status that I have...lol

Anyways, I saw the pull out posts, and was still commited, cause I love my car and she likes to visit with others, but apparently twas not to be this time.

I hope you all still have the meet, enjoy yourselves!

And if you DO reschedule, to h3ll with work if they want me those dates. I'll call in dead.

jscorse
07-16-2004, 05:00 AM
I don't see that many people pulling out. I see a couple of guys who said they wouldn't be able to make it, but I think we are far from cancelling this thing correct?

I know I said I wasn't sure, but now it's looking better and better as my vacation plans firm up for next next week.

I know I didn't set this meet up, but can we get a confirmation of who is going in this thread?

Is this the only thread discussing the meet?

- Jeff

Darksied-X
07-19-2004, 09:52 AM
1) Darksied-X
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) AFBeefcake
5) LarryIII
6) KAMzilla77
7) DWayne2910
8) SVXPILOT
9) Gren1
10) RSVX
11) Matthewmongan
12) Jscorse - tentitive
13) Whoru465

Zav, sorry to hear you can't make it. Here is the current list, and the original thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17206

A lot of people on the list only responded to the first thread, so I think today I'm going to PM everyone just for a final confirmation. We have one final problem we need to take care of: where are we meeting? I've never even been to Hampton, so I'm clueless. Anyone that knows the area well and knows of any good spots, please speak up.

Jeff, if you've got a line on some NE SVXer's that don't know about this meet, by all means, please send an invite their way. The more the merrier.

Whoru465
07-19-2004, 11:20 AM
I was actually at Hampton Beach on sunday for a family gathering and I was thinking about how the meet might come together. The biggest problem there is parking and traffic. There is a constant stop and go crawl the entire length of the beach all day long. Its a little insane because traffic flows only one way. If you don't find a spot, you have to sit through the traffic again:eek: There is a parking meter "lot" at the south end of the beach. Further up there are some more scatttered parking areas as well as parking lots away from the beach for $10 or so a day. It would be a neat trick to get everyone parked close to one another. I might suggest that the more nothern end of the beach might be a better meeting spot. It's generally less crowded. Also, only about two miles south of Hampton Beach is Salisbury Beach, where there is less of a traffic nightmare & parking is a bit cheaper. It has everything Hampton has as far as amusements go. Just a thought...

-Mike

strange179
07-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Wow cool,
Thanks jscorse for emailing me 'cause otherwise I wouldn't have known about this meet until too late, if ever. I can't belive that there is a meet that is planned so close to me. I mean sheesh, it's less than an hour to hampton for me. I'd be willing to help with some of the planning or logistics if I can since I'm so close. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

1) Darksied-X
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) AFBeefcake
5) LarryIII
6) KAMzilla77
7) DWayne2910
8) SVXPILOT
9) Gren1
10) RSVX
11) Matthewmongan
12) Jscorse - tentitive
13) Whoru465
14) Strange179

Jay

strange179
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Did anyone check to see if CaptHowdMasta is interested in coming? I know he lives right near me and actually even closer to hampton than I do by a little bit.

Jay

Darksied-X
07-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Welcome aboard Jay! As far as logistics go, the big question left is where to meet. I was thinking about one of those pay-n-park kinda places Mike was talking about. Maybe we could get a group rate, all throw in toqwrds the cost, and get them to block off a section of the lot for us, preferably towards the front.;) Anyone else have any ideas?

Also, I haven't heard about CaptHowdMasta, so feel free to send him an email and see if he wants in.:)

strange179
07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
I sent CaptHowdMasta a PM.

Jay

Matthewmongan
07-19-2004, 06:30 PM
hahaha i dont have to pay the meter i have HC tags :p

RSVX
07-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Saturday July 31st... Let me look a bit closer, it s bit far for a day trip, and I am planning on moving soon.

Originally posted by red95svx
I have an idea.

Pease International Tradeport is right up the road from Hampton Beach. For those of you who are adventurous I could rent an airplane and take you on a tour of the NH coast. I flew up there a few months ago and the scenery was awesome! Salisbury Beach, Seabrook Beach, York Harbor, York Beach, Ogunquit....all are within 10-15 minutes of the airport. To help pay for the plane I would probably charge around $25/person, maybe more depending on how long of a flight you want. Of course, this would all be weather permitting.

So, any takers?

Capt. Dave

If I were to go... I would DEFINITELY be interested in this...

IggDawg
07-20-2004, 09:27 AM
chalk me up. I took that weekend off to work service on Sean's rally car (trunkmonkeyracing.com) for Maine Forest rally. his cage was 1mm out of spec and he couldn't get it rebuilt in time :( . so I've got that time off. looks like I've got a new venue :D

Ryan
07-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by IggDawg
chalk me up. I took that weekend off to work service on Sean's rally car (trunkmonkeyracing.com) for Maine Forest rally. his cage was 1mm out of spec and he couldn't get it rebuilt in time :( . so I've got that time off. looks like I've got a new venue :D

Aw man, you're gonna miss the rally?!

Darksied-X
07-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Aw man, you're gonna miss the rally?!
Quiet! Your in the process of becoming a former SVXer, you have no say!:p Honestly though, if we all decide to make this an annual thing, I'd like to push it up next year, maybe late June, so we don't have to worry about interfering with the rally, since I've missed it the last 3yrs.:( I'd actually like a meet at the rally next year as well.

Here's the updates to the list so far today:

1) Darksied-X
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) LarryIII
5) KAMzilla77
6) DWayne2910
7) SVXPILOT
8) Gren1
9) RSVX (as long as he gets a plane ride)
10) Matthewmongan
11) Jscorse - tentitive
12) Whoru465
13) Strange179
14) satanta - tenative
15) IggDawg

Ryan
07-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Darksied-X
[B]
Quiet! Your in the process of becoming a former SVXer, you have no say!:p

Hehe actually, I may be selling it to my girlfriend's 17 year old sister, so it will be staying in the family and I will still be on the boards :D

Darksied-X
07-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Hehe actually, I may be selling it to my girlfriend's 17 year old sister, so it will be staying in the family and I will still be on the boards:D
Good deal! I tried doing that too, even worked out a buy-back agreement with the guy (now my step-dad for just under a week:rolleyes: ). The only problem? I decided I didn't want to sell it!:D

IggDawg
07-21-2004, 07:53 AM

Hehe actually, I may be selling it to my girlfriend's 17 year old sister

Is she hot? er... I mean...

and yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be missing the rally. there;s always GNW.

Ryan
07-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by IggDawg

Is she hot? er... I mean...

VERY. But I think I have chosen a buyer in NY for the SVX. Someone who will know how to handle and take care of the car.

Whoru465
07-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I've heard that the Hampton cops/NH State troopers that patrol the beach will ticket you if they see you cruising the strip more than once per day because of the traffic. Something tells me thats bogus but one never knows in NH... Any other locals ever heard this one?

jscorse
07-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Hampton Beach is sounding more and more like not a good place to hang out. I know the traffic can be insane. Any other suggestions. How about Rye Beach. Its conservation land. Not so many kids running around.

Just throwing that out. Flame me if you'd like.

Subafreak
07-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I agree with that. It's more about the crewsing and the people than it is about the surrounding, am I right?

Darksied-X
07-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm going be staying in Old Orchard Beach that weekend anyway, so I'll have no shortage of sitting on the beach, getting pickled, and watching the bikinis stroll by.:D So, I'm down with whatever the consensus wants.

strange179
07-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Is anyone planning a scenic or fun drive?

I don't know too much about which beach is better than the others but they are all pretty crowded on the weekends and traffic can be a bear at times like people have said.

Jay

UniqueAngle
07-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Based on past experience, it's easier to get a bunch of parking spots that are together as you go north of Hampton. Either North Hampton Beach or Rye Beach. Depends what you guys are aimin' to do - compare cars or pick up teenage girls.
As for cost, meters at Hampton Beach are $0.25/10 minutes (and run 24 hours), parking lots aren't much better.

Mike told me about the meet. I'd like to join you guys, but am not sure what plans are that weekend. As far as I know, USCRA (vintage m/c racing) will be at NHIS that weekend, so it may be a tough call. Keep me updated with times/locations, it'd be nice to meet some of you guys.
~Brenda

jscorse
07-22-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm always up for a nice drive for the most part.

I was up in Kittery last weekend and the driving can be very nice along the coast as long as you stay away from the actual Route 1.

I'll be out of town this next week so I won't be of much help in planing..for that matter I can't be sure I'll make it back in time for me to attend. Dang! I'd really love to help put together a plan for next weekend (especially as it's so close), it's just that I don't have the necessary time right now.

Here's my 2 cents on a great beach in the rural area North of Kittery.

Off exit 2 or 3 in Kittery you will be dumped off in the shopping district (the "Outlets"). The best part is the northern end of all that shopping crap at the Yummies Candy store. It's on the corner of Rt 1 and Haley Road. The place is small, but there is so much candy there you will die. Before you get there be sure to stop at Bob's Clam shack for good fried food.

The drive down Haley road is twisty and great fun. At the end hang a right and head down Pepperrell Road. (On the left I see there is Fort McClary State Park according to Mapquest..I've never been there...) Down a bit more north on Pepperrell Road and you take the next right down Chauncey Creek Road. Follow that to Seapoint Road and stay right onto Cutts Island.

What I'm leading you all to is a great beach at the end of all this. I've been to this beach several times over the years. It's very secluded and seems like its private but it's not. The sand is granite gray and very fine. The locals take their dogs here to walk them and play in the surf.

There is parking for perhaps 15 cars if the place is empty, which it may not be...but I'm not sure it matters just for a quick view. The road nearly dead ends here anyway.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw in my limited local knowledge. The drive is very scenic and the beach is very nice. I don't have a clue where to go after that though.

Those back roads along the coast are very rural and curvy. Parking is a problem though as there is little in the way of open spaces along the coast.

Kittery is about 20 minutes north of Hampton. Both places can get crazy busy on the weekends. I don't know what to recommend out there for a crazy group of SVXrs. I wish I could help more in the planning.

Good luck and I hope to see you there next weekend.....

RSVX
07-22-2004, 06:34 AM
I just got approved to move... that means raised expenses in the coming months.

Count me out :(

Darksied-X
07-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Well, congrats on the move, Chris, hopefully you'll be able to make it up to the next one.:) Dan (DWayne2910) told me that he will most likely not be able to attend, but he'll let me know if anything changes.:( So, once again, here's the current list:

1) Darksied-X
2) chris92svxlsl
3) Subafreak
4) LarryIII
5) KAMzilla77
6) SVXPILOT
7) Gren1
8) Matthewmongan
9) Jscorse - tentitive
10) Whoru465
11) Strange179
12) satanta - tenative
13) IggDawg

I still haven't heard back from Larry, KAM, PILOT, or Gren, so I don't know what their plans are. I also noticed that Capt. Dave never put himself on the list. Are you still planning on attending even if the flight falls through?

Now, as for final meeting location, why don't we pick one spot to meet, then come up with a plan for the rest of the day. We could meet at Capt. Dave's airstrip if people are still interested, or maybe Rye Beach if there isn't enough interest. Then from there, we can all decide on where to cruise, hang out, eat lunch, etc... Maybe from there we could cruise the strip in Hampton, find some grub and hang out some more there, then cruise up the coast to Jeff's beach. Like I said, I'm gonna be in OOB that weekend, which cuts my trp in half, so I'm pretty much down for anything. I just think it'll be easier to decide what we want to do once we're all there.

chris92svxlsl
07-23-2004, 04:40 PM
bad news I cant make it my rotor is cracked in half down the middle right after I dished out 1850 dollars worth of work
i m sorry guys to bail out after starting this meet maybe I can come up stilll but without my car its not the same

LarryIII
07-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I am sorry to say that Rosie & I will not be comming to this SVX Meet. There is just too much family and personal business going on in our lives right now.

I hope everyone has a great time at this meet.

Subafreak
07-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Ahhhuuugggg. Meeting place and time???????????? Come on who knows the area?:cool:

strange179
07-26-2004, 06:35 PM
It may be a little late to think of this now but I wonder if we could meet up at AMD Subaru in North Hampton. They are a fairly big dealership so they might have room for us there. It's just a thought. Also I have a friend who works at Blake Mitsubishi which is also in North Hampton. that could be another possibility.

Jay

satanta
07-28-2004, 07:36 AM
I hope someone from the NH area takes charge of this and makes some plans, otherwise it isn't going to happen.

red95svx
07-28-2004, 08:03 AM
JACK!!!! How's things??? Haven't heard from you in a while. everything OK? How's that reman tranny holding up?:)

Dave

Darksied-X
07-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Alright, how about either Wallis Sands Beach (http://www.nhstateparks.org/ParksPages/Wallis/Wallis.html) or Rye Harbor (http://www.nhstateparks.org/ParksPages/RyeHarbor/RyeHarbor.html). Those were about the only places I could find in the Rye that didn't have just metered parking. Or, we could meet at Pease International Airport (http://www.peasedev.org/web/aviation/aviation.htm) in Portsmouth if anyone still wants to go flying with Capt. Dave.

satanta
07-28-2004, 10:21 AM
As far as I'm concerned...pick one and go with it.

strange179
07-28-2004, 03:41 PM
If we were to meet up at Pease somewhere on a weekend day there would be no parking issues at all. all we have to do is pick a parking lot to meet in. Redhook might be a good idea.
Jay

Subafreak
07-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by strange179
If we were to meet up at Pease somewhere on a weekend day there would be no parking issues at all. all we have to do is pick a parking lot to meet in. Redhook might be a good idea.
Jay

That sounds like a safe bet. At least we can all get together in one spot and meet up before trying to find some action at the beach, and if Capt. Dave is still in an flyin then it's a double good idea.

I second for Pease:cool:

Darksied-X
07-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Pease it is, 10:00am-ish. Sound good to everyone?

satanta
07-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Sounds good to me. Need directions to actual meeting place.

strange179
07-29-2004, 06:40 AM
We are talking about Saturday right? Either way 10am sounds ok to me.

Are there any plans for Sunday at all?

Jay

red95svx
07-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Sorry guys. For a while it looked like this wasn't happening so I didn't bother to make any solid plans to go. Maybe I can catch up with you at the next NH meet or Tri-State meet.

Dave

satanta
07-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Can we get a head count on who plans on attending?

If we don't get many, it may be better to reschedule. I will attend if more than 2 others will be there.

strange179
07-29-2004, 04:44 PM
I plan on going still.

Jay

Subafreak
07-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Hay, I'm still in. 10ish is a little early though isn't it? I won't have time to wash my baby before I leave:( and we can't have that.;)

Darksied-X
07-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Final Meeting Place: Albacore Park. Good sized free parking lot, rather quiet, and damn easy to find in Portsmouth (since we were going there anyway), and we can go from there.

Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=600+Market+St&city=portsmouth&state=nh&zipcode=&search=++Search++)

Directions:
Heading north on I-95, take exit 7 (Market Street) in NH(last exit before Maine), take a right towards Portsmouth, the park is about 1/4 - 1/2 mile on the right. Just look for the submarine.

Heading south on I-95, exit 7, left towards Portsmouth, etc...

And since Freak can't wash his car tomorrow:rolleyes::p, how's noon sound? That work for everyone?

And yes, I'm still in, and that's more than 2 satanta, so you have to go too.;) I just won't be in OOB for the weekend like I though, so the fun-killer informed me that she and the mini fun-killers are joining me.:rolleyes: I'm trying to talk her out of it, but she's doesn't listen to me very well.:rolleyes

satanta
07-30-2004, 05:23 AM
see you there at noon.

Whoru465
07-30-2004, 01:51 PM
High noon eh? Sounds good. See you guys then...

Darksied-X
07-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Okay, 12:00 noon at Albacore Park it is. Here's our current count:

1) Darksied-X
2) Subafreak
3) Matthewmongan
4) Jscorse - tentitive
5) Whoru465
6) Strange179
7) satanta
8) IggDawg

I still haven't heard from KAM, Pilot, or Gren, so I've dropped them from the list, and I'll PM Matthew and Igg so they know of the changes. They were both pretty excited to go, so I'd be surprised to see them drop out. See y'all tomorrow!:)

Subafreak
07-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Sounds good. But my wife has work till 10:00 tommorrow so she probly won't be ready to leave till about 2:00 (just kidding:rolleyes: ) But Really I should be on the road by 10:30ish I hope, so if you could kill and hour and a half or so at the meeting spot that would be cool. Trust me I will be there.:cool:

IggDawg
07-31-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm still in, unless some natural disaster keeps me from it. Or if my exhaust lets go the rest of the way :D . but yeah. I'll be there. Might bring an outsider too, so keep the silverware in the cars (for a while).

Looking forward to it. I hope I can get a coat of wax on her. Is at least one person bringing a good quality digicam?

strange179
08-01-2004, 12:01 AM
um Igg,
I see you posted that message at 1:58pm. I was just wondering if you were thinking the meet was on Sunday or um something else. We did miss ya at the meet though. I just don't want you to mke a trip up to Portsmouth and not find anyone there.

Jay

IggDawg
08-01-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by strange179
um Igg,
I see you posted that message at 1:58pm. I was just wondering if you were thinking the meet was on Sunday or um something else. We did miss ya at the meet though. I just don't want you to mke a trip up to Portsmouth and not find anyone there.

Jay

wow... holy bad planning. I totally thought it was sunday. and I re-read everything a bunch of times too :( . I guess I shouldn't feel bad that I didn;t get around to waxng it then :D.

so sorry I missed it. I'll deff be at the next one. like, on time. and the right day.

-yours truly,
Logistics Boy.

EDIT - meant bad planning on my part, not yours :D.

Subafreak
08-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Smooth, you missed a very well planned meet:D

strange179
08-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Very funny there 'Freak.

All in all I had a good time. Everyone was cool and we had good conversations etc.

Getting pulled over while sitting in traffic, sitting there for what felt like forever (it had to be like half an hour) with no AC (recharged that today), getting two tickets, and making everyone wait certainly wasn't the high point for me.

I got a few pictures but not many so I might put them in my locker if I get time.

Mike, how did you like the feel of the tranny with the resistor unplugged?

I hope we can get some people/cars together again in this area. It's always good to have a local meet.

Thanks again everyone for a great time,
Jay

Subafreak
08-02-2004, 04:54 AM
I,d be lieing if I said it wasn't a high point for me:D We must have been sitting there for a 1/2 hour but I think we still would have been sitting in the line of traffic for a 1/2 hour in that spot anyway. Don't forget to get it inspected too.;)

What were you guys doing some parking lot mods to Mikes car?

jscorse
08-02-2004, 05:31 AM
We had a less than steller vacation last week and I really needed some time to get caught up at home. I didn't even log on..as you can tell.

I'm glad a few locals got to work it all out and get together.

I'd like to try again later this summer or perhaps I can sit on my hands and wait for Dave to have his annual bash at Tri-State.

During our vacation I did find some really nice places to drive in central NY. We drove the Forester back from Rochester, through Chitinnango Falls (forget the spelling) then followed our noses staying off the main roads all the way to Hudson NY.

We tried several dirt roads and saw tons of wildlife. My wife and I where searching for some good fossil outcrops. This area of NY was the edge of a inland sea during the Devonian Period (for those of you paleotologiests amongst us) and there are tons of good stuff right out there along the roadside if you look carefully.

The roads were curvy and fun...even in the Forester..though I wished I had my SVX for some of the curvyer stuff.

I still think that Vt has some of the best roads for cruisin' and with that 50mph speed limit it makes for some great fun. It's just a long way for most of you all.

I'll stay in touch....

Whoru465
08-02-2004, 04:27 PM
I tried the resistor on the way home and didn't like it at all. There was such a loud thunking a low speed, I plugged it back in. Thanks for showing me how to get the clip undone for future reference, Jay. As for you, Freak, I'd keep quiet about meet planning until you can beat a bunch of kids at a go-cart race:p I had a good time and hope everyone else did. We must do it again some time...

Subafreak
08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Whoru465
As for you, Freak, I'd keep quiet about meet planning until you can beat a bunch of kids at a go-cart race:p ..

I let you have that last race:mad: :D

Subafreak
08-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jscorse
We had a less than steller vacation last week and I really needed some time to get caught up at home. I didn't even log on..as you can tell.

I'm glad a few locals got to work it all out and get together.

I'd like to try again later this summer or perhaps I can sit on my hands and wait for Dave to have his annual bash at Tri-State.

During our vacation I did find some really nice places to drive in central NY. We drove the Forester back from Rochester, through Chitinnango Falls (forget the spelling) then followed our noses staying off the main roads all the way to Hudson NY.

We tried several dirt roads and saw tons of wildlife. My wife and I where searching for some good fossil outcrops. This area of NY was the edge of a inland sea during the Devonian Period (for those of you paleotologiests amongst us) and there are tons of good stuff right out there along the roadside if you look carefully.

The roads were curvy and fun...even in the Forester..though I wished I had my SVX for some of the curvyer stuff.

I still think that Vt has some of the best roads for cruisin' and with that 50mph speed limit it makes for some great fun. It's just a long way for most of you all.

I'll stay in touch....

Yeah, Jeff you getting as bad as Adam for showing up to SVX meets now.:p But I know how it is;) There should be another Tri-state meet comming up around Oct. I hope you can make that one.

You little vacation sounds nice. I think Subaru could make a Forester commercial like that.:D

See ya soon. (I hope)

chris92svxlsl
08-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm glad the meet was a success I will try to make tri state or the next one