PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Post Reading Thread!!

RSVX
04-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Wow, I swear Reading gets better every year, I have no idea how the organizers will outdo themselves next year!!

Randy, I know, you never saw it coming from SVXQUEEN and I. SOMEONE POST THE PICS OF RANDY'S CAR!!!!

This was the most fun that I have had at an SVX meet in a LONG time, seriously.

Still cant beleive that the Neon sign with for $1025.00 (Sorry Larry)!!

Trip home was uneventfull, although the Skulkyl(sic) was absolutely PACKED.

More too come, I still nee to let it all soak in!!

Jesse (Subafreak) Ride it man RIDE that Elephant!!

jerm781
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
I had fun and it was nice meeting you guys. I hope the car will make it next year(it almost didn't make it home). Thanks for all the fun.

p.s. I was the black guy with the New York Yankees headband.

immortal_suby
04-18-2004, 12:08 PM
I didn't see him in any of the pictures - did poweredx2 make it to reading?

benebob
04-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jerm781
I had fun and it was nice meeting you guys. I hope the car will make it next year(it almost didn't make it home). Thanks for all the fun.

It was a pleasure to meet ya! (the picture guy on the rally:D ). You're in an area where I'm sure you can get some help with your car at least with good places to take it to get that leak fixed. I expect to see the two of ya back next year.:D

LarryIII
04-18-2004, 03:04 PM
What's a guy from Baltimore doing wearing a a NY Yankees headband?

BluebyU
04-18-2004, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RSVX
[B]Wow, I swear Reading gets better every year, I have no idea how the organizers will outdo themselves next year!!

Randy, I know, you never saw it coming from SVXQUEEN and I. SOMEONE POST THE PICS OF RANDY'S CAR!!!!

Here you go!!

BluebyU
04-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BluebyU
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RSVX
[B]Wow, I swear Reading gets better every year, I have no idea how the organizers will outdo themselves next year!!

Here you go!!

upnygimp
04-18-2004, 04:29 PM
LMAO!!!!! You guys are so cruel! Couldn't find a zebra thong?

immortal_suby
04-18-2004, 04:35 PM
I believe that would fall under the "justifiable homicide" category. Sheesh - you guys are mean. How many people did Randy kill after this incident? Haven't heard from him yet today - is he in jail for the slayings?

BluebyU
04-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by upnygimp
LMAO!!!!! You guys are so cruel! Couldn't find a zebra thong?

Larry gave him a zebra striped cell phone case at dinner....I didn't get a picture of that though....

Kelli and I cleaned the windows for him after all of the silly string was removed....

CigarJohnny
04-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I had a fantastic time this year! I haven't laughed to hard in a long, long time! Saturday night was a regular laugh riot and held some really bizarre moments as well. The liquor was a flowin' (thanks, Doug!) and everyone was cuttin' loose. I just hope no one was offended by any of the jokes (I am sure we offended some of the hotel patrons with the noise levels), some of them were gettin pretty racy and I, for one, was pleasantly shocked by some of the gang who chimed in on the fun. What a blast we all had!

The organisers really out did themselves this year. It will be hard to top this years years event. Thanks to everyone involved. I salute you!

Johnny

wawazat??
04-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I helped with the vodka Johnny!:D :D

What a blast!!! Much better than R4 and the weather was AWESOME!!!

I'll post pics soon. Waiting on my houseguests (Earthworm and Stevebsy)

Todd

Subafreak
04-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Ha,Ha Vodka Johnny, New screen name?:D

Sorry Todd but I wasn't about to become Taquilafreak:p

How many post Reading threads are we gona have? I don't want to goto work tommorrow:( Reading was awsome lets do it again next weekend!:D

MoreIBNR
04-18-2004, 05:58 PM
The meet was a blast! Saturday night was a real hoot!! I'm surprised we weren't asked to leave.

svxin
04-18-2004, 06:03 PM
yeah i had a lot of fun didnt now there was going to be an after party:( though guess i should have stuck around a little longer but i felt alone with out my svx and depressed but hey if we do this agin next year ill bring my svx and hang all day. good job guys.

sjlwel
04-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Each year as Spring comes around the corner we begin to look forward to the Reading SVX Meet. Although we still smile as we approach the hotel and start spotting those rare beasts, it isn't just that parking lot full of breath taking automobiles like it was at Reading I that makes us return. It is definitely the people who prove in conversation to have more in common than just the car but who also have enough diversity to be downright interesting. You are a great bunch to know. Thank you very much, planners and organizers, for all the hours you give toward making the meet run like a buggy with a new transmission. The auction (did Earl really have a limit?) and all the little prizes were a nice touch. We had a wonderful time.

Warren and Sandy

SVX-FF
04-18-2004, 08:09 PM
I am so upset that I did not make it. I spent all weekend trying to trouble shoot why my SVX broke on Friday at 4:00 pm. At 3pm today I found the problem and fixed it. I jumped a tooth on my timing belt.
The Meet Monster really got me. I have a great Idea. Lets have another meet this friday the 23rd. It will be my birthday anyways.:D
I hope to make next years event.

Steve

wawazat??
04-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Subafreak
Ha,Ha Vodka Johnny, New screen name?:D

Sorry Todd but I wasn't about to become Taquilafreak:p

How many post Reading threads are we gona have? I don't want to goto work tommorrow:( Reading was awsome lets do it again next weekend!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Vodka Johnny and TequilaFreak! That rocks Jesse!

Mike became both TequilaFreak and Vodka Mikey, the push-over king!:p :D

Green1995SVX
04-18-2004, 08:33 PM
I truly don't remeber anything from last night. The storys im hearing though indicate i had an excellent time. I would still love to know what was in that last drink.

m

RSVX
04-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I truly don't remeber anything from last night. The storys im hearing though indicate i had an excellent time. I would still love to know what was in that last drink.

m

But the fun part in that, is that WE (Reading V Attendees) know what you did last night :D

lanciat
04-19-2004, 06:09 AM
I'm sorry I could only stay for a few hours on Saturday (particularly as I now read the details of Saturday night's festivities).

Next year . . .

It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and astounding to see so many SVXs in one place!

Joe Fillip
'95 Brilliant Red L AWD ("The Wayback Machine")
Swarthmore, PA

alanscouse
04-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks also to the organizers and many participants . I have been lucky enough to make it to every Reading meet so far and they just keep getting better each year .

THANKS TO ALL ; Alan.

PS : There is an interesting thread in the Down Under Forum today relating to an article on the SVX by an Australian publication , I'm sure most everybody at Reading would take exception to the article .

green_eyed_lady
04-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Just wanted to write a quick note to thank all of the organizers of the meet for the best weekend we've had in a long time. We are looking forward to next year already.

I've been working all morning on downsizing the photos I took at the meet so that I can post them in my locker. I took about 80 pix, excluding those I took of the local scenery during the rally, so if you can't find your car in at least one of these photos, you weren't there!!! (with the possible exception of 'lanciat', who was only there for a few hours)

I'll post the photos in my locker when I get them all downsized. In the meantime, if you want a copy of the photo in this post, follow the link. There are assorted sizes (and resolutions), in case you want to download & print them.

P.S. If anyone has a picture of the sign-up board with all the signatures on it, please post it. I missed the last two guests, but before I got a chance to take another picture, the board was gone. The pic I have is from Saturday night.

http://www.pennswoods.net/~krynock/reading5/ReadingV-347x260.jpg (http://www.pennswoods.net/~krynock/reading5/)

GreenMarine
04-19-2004, 01:22 PM
I took a picture of the sign-up board before I left on Sunday... I'll post the full size one in my locker in Reading folder...

SvXit
04-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by jerm781

Damn, I didn't even take a look at your tag. I'm in Maryland also (Silver Spring). Glad you could join us and hope you make it out again next year!

Ron Mummert
04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I wish to again thank Ben, Bobbie & tea-totaler Mike for making it all happen. I'm eternally grateful to whoever dreamed up the upscale mod for my lowly cardboard decanter. I shall continue promoting a more classy demeanor, & get my beanbag chair, or as I call it my "bag o' beans", re-upholstered in escaine; & perhaps seek to purchase a Waterford crystal lava lamp.

Ron (Now drinking to next year's meet).