PDA

View Full Version : Tech Sessions! Ideas?

Green1995SVX
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Well, as usual we're going to have some tech sessions this year.

Here are the ones I will be giving:

1. Hood Strut Install on Randy's car.
2. CD Player Install on Rosie's car.

Would anyone else like to give a tech session?

Mike

LangstonSubaru
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
I'll bring the services manuals!

SubaSteevo
04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I think anyone who needs something done should post what they want done, and anyone who knows how to and is willing can reply. I am willing to help out with anything that I have done myself.

RSVX
04-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I have a new timing belt, and I need it changed...

OH wait... my SVX isnt coming :(

Subafreak
04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Not that I plan on doing anything to it but anyone who wanted to see what the back half of an SVX looks like with NO interior can check out my car.:rolleyes: :D

Ron Mummert
04-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I'd like to demonstrate the disassembly & reassembly of the torque converter. Anyone willing to donate their car, tools & perhaps some decent cognac to the project please let me know.

Ron ("hands-on" slow learner).

mohrds
04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I'd like to demonstrate the disassembly & reassembly of the torque converter. Anyone willing to donate their car, tools & perhaps some decent cognac to the project please let me know.

Ron ("hands-on" slow learner).

I have a torque converter I could bring in case you are serious :D

I am bringing along front rotors, pads, and a caliper seal kit. I was going to do the brakes before I go, but I won't have time, so I might as well make a tech session out of it!

Doug

Ron Mummert
04-14-2004, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mohrds
[B]

I have a torque converter I could bring in case you are serious :D

Of course I'm serious. In fact if you just show me where that thingie is bolted, I'll have it off in a jiffy. Please bring sledge & crowbar.

Ron (never afraid to fix someone else's car).

NomadTW
04-15-2004, 01:35 AM
well i doubt i'll have time to install my remote starter before the meet
could make a tech session out of it
althoguh it's not really universal

i dont' have anything else that needs done to my car

how about an oil change, my car's been sitting for quite some time, wonder if the shop will do that before i get the car back

i'm sure someone's car needs an oil change

LarryIII
04-15-2004, 04:23 AM
I will also bring a set of manuals.

GreenMarine
04-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Well, I need my Center console screwed back down.. When we did the 5 MT swap we lost the screws... Just gets on my nerves having the thing move around if someone puts thier arm on it.. :rolleyes:

mohrds
04-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Well, I need my Center console screwed back down.. When we did the 5 MT swap we lost the screws... Just gets on my nerves having the thing move around if someone puts thier arm on it.. :rolleyes:

And here I thought it was a more exciting story like the console mounts were broke in the heat of passion...

I know a few people on this baord that had that repair...

GreenMarine
04-15-2004, 07:50 AM
I restrain myself from any "sexual activity" in the SVX... Tried it once and there was no room what-so ever... It is pretty bad when ya are getting your businuess on in the back and suddenly you get the wierdest looking face and ya ball up in pain of a CRAMP... Yea it really sucked... When ya are 6'1" it's alittle hard to get a proper anble in that car :):) :rolleyes:

In actuallity though I remember before this happened I told her to watch out for the seats and to keep her feet off the seats... :rolleyes: What can I say, my car somes first...

GreenMarine
04-15-2004, 07:51 AM
How bout a good "HOW - TO" on Fixing rattly Heatsheilds... I know it sounds like a simple solution but the one that rattles on my car is the one over the drivers side Primary CAT... I don't think it would be that wise to remove it... :rolleyes:

NomadTW
04-15-2004, 07:55 AM
stuff fiberglass insulation in between the heatshield and the cat all around it

Earthworm
04-15-2004, 08:10 AM
How about a radiator replacement? :(

SubaSteevo
04-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Radiator is easy! I did mine in under 2 hours including time for antifreeze drain and fill.

GreenMarine
04-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by NomadTW
stuff fiberglass insulation in between the heatshield and the cat all around it

Cool, that was a quick "How To" :D:D:D Thanks

SVXRide
04-15-2004, 11:04 AM
How about a "how to" on replacing the little bulbs that light up the various switches on the dash? Is there a Radio Shack near the hotel we could raid for the little bulbs I've read about in various threads that work in place of the high buck Subaru pieces?
How about a "hot to" on preventing/eliminating the condensation that occurs in the rear light assemblies?
-Bill

SVX-FF
04-15-2004, 03:05 PM
What about doing a Q&A on anything. Have a group of victims to answer whatever.

Or we could just have a T&A session.:D :D :D

SubaSteevo
04-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by SVXRide

How about a "hot to" on preventing/eliminating the condensation that occurs in the rear light assemblies?
-Bill

I could do that too, just bring a hairdryer

SVXRide
04-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

I could do that too, just bring a hairdryer

:D
Okay, how about just preventing the condensation...
-Bill

Earthworm
04-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SVXRide

:D
Okay, how about just preventing the condensation...
-Bill that's easy...if there are no cracks in the taillight the take the gaskets off, clean then install on the opposite side (don't overtighten)

if you have cracks there's not much you can do.

SubaSteevo
04-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Earthworm

if you have cracks there's not much you can do.

Not quite, you could:

A) Buy new gaskets
B) Make new gaskets with gasket maker silicone
C) Drill teenie tiny holes in the lense to let condensation out