PDA

View Full Version : Am 'X' my SVX ! Bits For Sale

Timbo
03-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Fellow SVXers,

Seven glorious years of SVX ownership has at last come to an end. I got an offer I couldn't refuse for a trade of my 95 pearl/black on a new car so, given its age, it had to go. It will probably reappear soon in a caryard somewhere in Perth after the various minor knocks and dents have been fixed and the turret refinished. Lupus, keep an eye out for it but, given what they gave me for it, don't expect it to be a bargain.

In the meantime, while I was trying to get it to run normally (read, beautifully!) I have acquired through the generosity of Paddlesnz in Japan, one only TPS still in the box which can be had for what it cost me to get here ($120), plus I have an Auxilliary Air Valve which cost me $311 here but can be had for $120 also (also brand new). Thanks again for all your help Paddles.

I'm sure I won't get the same buzz out of my new car (Accord Euro) but it might get to spend a bit more time not in the workshop. Maybe that new Sooby B11 or whatever its called can get me back into the fold? Any takers on the bits?

pylon500
03-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Hey Timbo, a HONDA? :eek:
I thought you would have got an OUTBACK or a new LIBERTY, please say you at least had a look at them! :rolleyes:
Still, I guess it matches the CVT in the garage. ;)
Arthur.
ps. Will be in Perth Friday 2nd and Saturday for a quick visit. :D

Jamsvx
03-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Timbo, sorry to hear that we are loosing another owner - but always welcome here!!

Could you please email me (jamsvx@yahoo.com) since I would like to ask you something

Cheers

James

JDW-SVX
03-30-2004, 06:52 PM
The Accord Euro is a great car - according to the reviews that I have read.........

........but given the choice between that and an SVX, I know what I would choose.......!

:D

Jason.

Timbo
03-31-2004, 05:46 AM
Arthur, don't worry - had a VERY good look at the Liberty GT and the Outback but the local Subaru dealers (as well as all the others) wanted my beloved SVX for next to nothing. I think it was because very few of them knew what it was and were a bit gunshy. Nevertheless, Burswood Honda came to the party with a great deal and I couldn't say no.
Now our home is the House of Honda with Jo's Jazz and my matching pair of Accord and Blackbird (both same Nighthawk Black colour). At least with the bike I can still have some SVX style fun. Hope you enjoy your trip over this weekend and good luck with the draw for the car! Let me know how you get on and give us a call if you're able.

Jason, you're absolutely right but the time must come sooner or later and, since they don't make new ones anymore, what can I say. Hope you have as much fun in yours as I had in mine for all those years.

Hope nobody minds if I still look into the network regularly. Would like to catch up with regulars when next in Sydley ( might scam a ride ?).

MisanthropyV
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
I could be interested if I knew what a TPS was???

Paulie

JDW-SVX
03-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by MisanthropyV
I could be interested if I knew what a TPS was???

Paulie

TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

It mounts onto the throttle plate shaft, and lets the ECU know how far you are opening the throttle (i.e. - how far you are pushing the accelerator down!)

Jason.

svxistentialist
04-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by JDW-SVX

TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

It mounts onto the throttle plate shaft, and lets the ECU know how far you are opening the throttle (i.e. - how far you are pushing the accelerator down!)

Jason.

Correct.

And how fast you are opening it also. It also monitors the rate of voltage change across the contacts.

Joe:)